Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
HOW TO DO DOCTOR STRANGE effect
_VoidNexus_
Newbie Joined: Jan 08, 2017 06:48 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
how to do doctor strange effect (not the portal one), the one from the scene where steven first met the ancient one the the ancient one shows it to him
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

To do this I would shoot the video of the Ancient knocking you "back", holding it as long as you can bending backwards, or whatever you want (jumping or falling back?). You would need to plan your shot carefully, ensuring that the part of the body that you want to be "transparent", is on one half of the screen. The punch ends in middle, or just before the middle point.

Then when you edit the video, you pause the video right before or after she hits you, take a screen shot (so your body is still upright, or bending slightly back, in a paused position). Split the video, insert the screen shot (of paused video of you) on track 1 and extend it the length you want the pause.

Place the remaining piece of the split video clip (after the punch) on track 2. Open the Mask Designer and add the mask in mask1.jpg (see attached), resize to fit, so only the Ancient on the left of the screen is seen in the video (right side is paused, i.e. screen shot on track 1 is revealed).

Close the Mask Designer and then open the clip on track 2 in ColorDirector, and use a motion tracking mask on you bent backwards. Adjust the colour of you bent backwards, to something similar like in the movie (see link below).

Go back to PowerDirector, select the clip on track 2, and re-enter the Mask Designer. Now adjust the opacity of the mask, revealing yourself in the modified colored video clip. This clip will play over the paused screen shot of you on track 1. See result.jpg to see what i mean (sort of!).

Well...it of course won't look as good, but you can play with it and get something that works for you. Key is to shoot the video well and plan for editing. It will be some work to make it look good, but also a lot of fun!

Here is a screen shot for other users who may not know what he means:

http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/doctor-strange-tilda-swinton.jpg

Let me know if you have questions.

David
[Thumb - result.jpg]
 Filename
result.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
175 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
42 time(s)
[Thumb - mask1.jpg]