Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Future PowerDirector Versions - Wish List/Suggestions (12/2016 to 3/2017)
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Dear PowerDirector Users,

Please use this thread to submit suggestions for future versions of PowerDirector. Suggestions can be any of the following:

- UI or usability improvements.

- program feature improvements.

- main program features.*.

Note: do not use this thread to issue complaints or report bugs. For these, please contact customer support. Bug and complaint posts will be removed from the thread.

CyberLink's product development team will review the suggestions periodically. Suggestions could get implemented in either patch updates, or in the next full version of PowerDirector, depending on product development team availability and the scope of the change.

We want to stress that there is no guarantee that your suggestions will get implemented, but we can guarantee that product development team will review them. So please enter them below!

Please see the PowerDirector Feature Suggestions in the readme for more information.

* the planning phase for PowerDirector 16 has ended, so any new main program feature suggestions will be considered for version 17 and beyond.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Sep 18. 2017 22:38

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
1030PaulHarvey [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 16, 2015 15:32 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Dear PowerDirector Users,

Please use this thread to submit suggestions for future versions of PowerDirector. Suggestions can be any of the following:

- main program features*.

Improve speed! PD14 wasn't too bad but 15 crawls on my machine...and I have a pretty muscular machine and vid card.

Also I'd like to see PowerDirector be able to stitch 360 videos & photos.

Thanks for asking :)

Paul

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 28. 2016 22:21

patrick854 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 18, 2016 14:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks for the wonderfull programm. I nevertheless have a small suggestion.

Like several video editing enthousiasts i work with two monitors. On one monitor i have the work area and on the other the preview of the movie which is disconnected. Every time i continue editing the next time all screens are back to the original state. Can it be possible the screens stay at the position you left them.

Using the primary and secundary screen is a possibility but at acceptable resolution it slows down the computer considerably. At low resolution it's acceptable for viewing but at restart the secundary screen has to be selected again even though it is selected 'on' in the instellingen.

So, tot recapitulate:All screens stay where you left them after exit.

Second screen stays on when selected even after restart.
NadiaFilion123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2010 14:54 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Any way you could make Screen Recorder to auto shutdown?

If I tasked my computer to shutdown at a specific time, it does shut down, but then the recording doesn't copy...

If I want to record an online movie, I have to start the screen recorder manually and then put a timer on my cellphone to remind me when to stop it... not very productive to say the least...! thanks
Octopuss45 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Belgium Joined: Oct 25, 2016 04:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Dear PowerDirector Users,

- main program features*.

Note: do not use this thread to report issues or bugs. To report these, please contact customer support. Bug posts will be removed from the thread.

CyberLink's product development team will review the suggestions periodically. Suggestions could get implemented in either patch updates, or in the next full version of PowerDirector, depending on product development team availability and the scope of the change.

We want to stress that there is no guarantee that your suggestions will get implemented, but we can guarantee that product development team will review them. So please enter them below!

Please see the PowerDirector Feature Suggestions in the readme for more information.

* the planning phase for PowerDirector 16 has ended, so any new main program feature suggestions will be considered for version 17 and beyond.

Hello

Is it possible to provide a scrolling of the files loaded in memory when opening a project?
This would detect the file that causes the loading delay (s).

Text translated from French to English. Octopuss45
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I've only ever used PD 13. I became very disgruntled when autosave and manual save crashed without saving my work. I couldn't be bothered to hunt for updates as to how many experienced the issue, whether it has ever been patched, etc.
Desperately trying to find a better software than yours, and displeased that absolutely no one is accomodating my simple needs

Tweak, welcome to the forum. PD13 was/is an excellent program. That being said if you cant be bothered to update the program with provided patches, or submit a dxdiag to members to inspect and perhaps offer solutions and workarounds, then how the heck do you expect to make any progress? If you have issues start a thread and see what happens, you just might get a fix and make a few new friends. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry,

Thanks for your comments. We agree with you, as this thread was not created for users to issue complaints or report bugs, as indicated. We messaged the user and gave him/her 18 hours to modify the post or move it to a new thread, but he/she didn't, so it was removed.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 28. 2016 20:12

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
I would be ecstatic if the application of a transition would NOT AFFECT the timeline objects behind it. Only a few work as I would expect. Transitions can be used very creatively but not so much the way they work now. I don't think it's a bug, just change the way they work.
This is supposed to be aimed at the topic, not our new Mod.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Dec 29. 2016 08:17

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
Increased support for Smartsound and/or be able to use Smartsound's flagship program, SonicFire Pro as a plugin. Unfortunately I think Cyberlink is moving in the exact opposite direction. People often complained about SS pricing, but Muserk ain't no bargain!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 03. 2017 05:41

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
laguvard [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 02, 2017 20:41 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
For long videos, most of my trims are done between clips without transitions using CUT-ONLY edits. When I decide how much to trim from the beginning or the end of a clip, I'd like to be able to review a few seconds of the two adjacent clips in order to ensure a seamless transition WITHOUT LEAVING THE TRIM WINDOW.
stevefrench73 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 15, 2015 22:30 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I'm always finding things I wish PD did better. Some that come to mind at the moment are:

1) Allow me to manually reorder the items in my library. I often wish I could move the files I've already used to be all together, that way I can more easily find which files I have not yet used in my timeline. So, manual control over the position of media in the library would be a huge help.

2) Give us better control over volume levels in the time line. I frequently adjust clip volume levels from the timeline view and it is extremely frustrating to do so. I click on the volume node and - even if I move my mouse extremely slightly and slowly - the volume level jumps wildly. THEN it almost never stays where I put it. Immediately after releasing the mouse button, the volume jumps to some other level. So I'm forced to spend up to a minute in some cases fighting to get the levels where I want them.

3) It can also be difficult to adjust clip speed. In power tools, under speed control, I very frequently adjust clip speed. I try to use the slider and it's very difficult to get any fine control over it. So it often takes me way too long to move the speed from "1.000" to "1.270". I use this function all the time; it shouldn't be so cumbersome.

4) Another thing regarding speed control: Please eliminate the extra step required to enter the speed adjustment mode. When I click the power tools button and select "Video Speed", there is no reason I should have to go over and click "Speed Adjustment". Since there are no other options under "Video Speed", GO to the video speed controller when I click on it.

Though I find a lot of little areas where improvement is welcomed, I do love my PD! Thanks for the great software.
stevefrench73 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Another thing that would be really nice:

When you trim a clip by grabbing the END and moving it forward or backwards, once you let go you get the options "overwrite", "trim clip", "trim clip and fill gap" and "trim and move all clips". But you don't get those options when you trim by grabbing the START of a clip (unless it conflicts with another timeline object). It would sure be nice not to have to manually fill the gap every time I shorten a clip from the start. Especially considering I do it many, many times per edit.

EDIT: Actually, it seems that sometimes it works as I'm requesting and other times it acts in the manner I described above. So I don't know; maybe it's a bug. I can't figure out what's different between the two cases.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2017 21:51

stevefrench73 [Avatar]
[Post New]
When using the motion tracker with text, it would be really nice to have the option of leaving the tracking cursor on the object, rather than it only existing while the tracking is being established. The cursor, not the ugly yellow highlighting circle.

It would also be awesome to have the option of a line/pointer that runs between the tracked point and the text. That way when I'm using text to call attention to something, it can actually point to/identify the thing I'm trying to call attention to.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2017 23:12

bosone [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2014 05:08 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
i currently have cyberlink 12 and i was looking for 15 upgrade.

however, there are still some workflow issues that you should add before i consider to upgrade.i have the following suggestions:

1) when you drag a clip and use ald-drop to create an auto-crossfade between the clips, this function do not work if the current clip is superimposed to TWO other clips, one before and one after the moved clip.this is really very annoying. why the auto-crossfade do not work if i ovelap a clip with two other clips?? there is no reason!!

2) "shift" a clip already placed in the timeline: if i already placed a clip into the timeline and i want to start or end it from a different time, i have to delete or move the clip, re-edit the start/ending time and reinsert it again into the timeline position. what is really annoying is that if you have already placed two crossfades 8at the beginning/end) , you have to re-create also these crossfade manually (see point 1, the auto crossfade will not work!) if you manage to insert a function to "slide" the starting point of the current clip it all would be much much easier.
bosone [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 05, 2014 05:08 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
Quote i currently have cyberlink 12 and i was looking for 15 upgrade.

however, there are still some workflow issues that you should add before i consider to upgrade.i have the following suggestions:

1) when you drag a clip and use ald-drop to create an auto-crossfade between the clips, this function do not work if the current clip is superimposed to TWO other clips, one before and one after the moved clip.this is really very annoying. why the auto-crossfade do not work if i ovelap a clip with two other clips?? there is no reason!!

2) "shift" a clip already placed in the timeline: if i already placed a clip into the timeline and i want to start or end it from a different time, i have to delete or move the clip, re-edit the start/ending time and reinsert it again into the timeline position. what is really annoying is that if you have already placed two crossfades 8at the beginning/end) , you have to re-create also these crossfade manually (see point 1, the auto crossfade will not work!) if you manage to insert a function to "slide" the starting point of the current clip it all would be much much easier.

Also, give the possibility to organise the media files in folders.
HarroWillemsen [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Holland Joined: Sep 22, 2014 09:56 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Everybody,

I just installed PD15 after working with PD12 and 13 for several years.

I have a long time wish, which is still not possible in PD15.

I want 'effects' for images i use in my titles. The only thing possible is still fade in and out. No other effects are possible. Should not be very hard to add this in such a wonderful program?

Let me know your thoughts

harro
Eugen157
Senior Contributor Location: Palm Springs area, So.CA Joined: Dec 10, 2012 13:57 Messages: 662 Offline
[Post New]
I wish to have the ability to:

BURN UHD BR discs.

Even as an extra cost plugin.

Happy user of PD14 and see no reason to upgrade except for the above.

Eugene

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 02. 2017 01:14

73s, WA6JZN ex DL9GC
CYBERLINK PLEASE ADD UHD BLU RAY BURNING SOFTWARE
PD14,
Win10,64bit.CPU i7 6700,16GB ,C= 480 GB SSD ,GPU GTX1060 6GB 1 fan. Plus 3 int, 4 ext HDD's for video etc.LG WH16NS40 reads UHD.
4K 24" ViewSonic monitor.Camera Sony FDR-A
BandBoy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 12, 2017 00:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I would really like there to be better tools for positioning objects. Dragging with the mouse is not sufficient if you want to keep straight lines or you want to position something in an exact place. Using the title motion path tool was far too difficult to keep something exactly straight.
Pasta514
Newbie Location: California Joined: Dec 28, 2016 23:58 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Please put a link from PD to open your Cyberlink Cloud. If I click on my name it takes me to PowerDirector. Give me a different link in the upper right corner to take me to my cloud.

The user interface for the cloud interface needs hovertext for the icons.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12. 2017 12:09

[Post New]
Hi i am new here on this forum

we purchased PowerDirector 15 last Christmas and are impressed by the softwares stability and layout
Love the 360 Funktion

one thing i think is missing (we did not find this funktion)

are a Proxy video creation like the one in Movie Studio Platinum 13.0 (64-bit)
to day are doing automaticaly
it should be fine on a slow PC Proxy Video Editing is a process where you create lower quality Standard
Definition copies of your original HD videos and edit/create your
project in Sony Vegas Pro or Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum
using these lower quality versions. Then once you have finished all
your editing you then replace the SD Versions back with the original HD
Video files and render your project with them. Proxy Video Editing
should totally eliminate any lag in the Preview Window.

Note we are not on a Slow machinecool

Processor:Intel(R) CoreCTM) ¡7-5960X CPU @ 4.30GHz 3.00 GHz Installd RAM: 64,0 GB
Asus x99A motherbord, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card

But Editing HD 50 and 60 pps or several 4K streams at the same time the machine has to work quite hard

Regards Svendus

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jan 14. 2017 15:54

Svendus Blog