Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
An Error Has Occured
OnlyHuman [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 10, 2016 02:07 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I have been dealing with this problem with no solution to be found. I have been using PowerDirector v8 to record footage for close to a year now with no problem, but resently I have not been able to due an error message that reads as follows

'An error occured. Unable to start the recording function'

I have made sure all the settings are correct (as much as I can) and I have even uninstalled and re-installed the program to be met with the same message. After numerous attempts to fix this only to be met with failure I am asking for any suggestion
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

We will need a lot more information to solve the issue. From what you told us, it most likely means something on your computer has changed that has caused this error. PowerDirector didn't change.

So please provide more information, like your computer specs (see part B in this link http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page) and also how you are recording. With a webcam? From a camcorder?

Dave
OnlyHuman [Avatar]
[Post New]
I use a capture card but when i go to record through a webcam or a micrphone everything is fine
 Filename
OnlyDxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
32 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
139 time(s)
OnlyHuman [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok now nothing works and it wont let me select audio or video imputs. On the selection window it doesnt recognize and divese any only lists 'virtual-audio-capturer' for web cam, microphone, and tv signal (input for capture card)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 28. 2016 17:37

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok now nothing works and it wont let me select audio or video imputs. On the selection window it doesnt recognize and divese any only lists 'virtual-audio-capturer' for web cam, microphone, and tv signal (input for capture card)
I would remove then reinstall the software for your USB Capture device that has been working OK for a year.

An Error Has Occured, is a generic error message that could mean anything. Something unknown happened.

First line of trouble shooting is reboot the computer, then reinstall software. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.