Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Support? Slow, unimformed and dissapointing
surfer10k [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2013 01:46 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have been "communicating" with Cyberlink support over the last two weeks.

What a total dissapointment.

I started by asking a simple question which was answered in a way that it was obvious that the question had not been understood. Then after another exchange, again an answer that had nothing to do with the question. Is Cyberlink just copy pasting answers form a database??

On top of this, it takes Cyberlink support on average 3.5 days just to answer a question incorrectly. Surly if it is going to be an incorrect answer it should only take minutes?

I asked the question on jan 10th. Got the first wrong answer on Jan 11th (pretty qiuick) replied on the 11th and got the second wrong answer on the 17th.

============

2017/01/10

I have a clip which is way to big 100gb.I need to just cut a piece of this clip eg the first 20 mins.I do not want to go through the process of exporting the timeline. Is there no way to do this? AVI clip.

=============

Customer Support Response
2017/01/11 15:07

Dear Robert,
Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.
I understand you want to split/trim the 100GB video to 20 min video cilp.
In regards to your concern, I would suggets you to import the video
in PowerDirector 15 and use the trim feature edit the 100 GB video to 20
min video cilp.
Please reffer the below link to for the trim feature.
https://www.cyberlink.com/learning/video/281/trim---split-demo-video Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink products.
Use the below mentioned link to get back for further queries:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Thank You and Best Regards,
AkarshCyberLink Technical Support

================

2017/01/11

So.... then I have to go thru through the export process (which I stated I did not want to do), right???
================
Customer Support Response
2017/01/16 15:37

Dear Robert,
Thank you for writing back.
In regards to your concern, I would suggets you to drag the marker of the video in mid of the video and click on split option.
Please reffer the attached screen shot.
Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink products.
Use the below mentioned link to get back for further queries:
https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
Thank You and Best Regards,
AkarshCyberLink Technical Support

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2017 03:04

Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Actually the answer customer support gave you is the correct and only way to do this in PowerDirector. They even provided you with a tutorial to show you how it is done!

If you want to cut the 100 GB video to 20 minutes, you need to trim it or place on the timeline and split it at the 20 minute mark. Then produce the video as a new file.

They gave you the right answer, just didn't state that it was the only way.

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17. 2017 03:24

Bogdan_D [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Mar 30, 2014 12:49 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
I also confirm your topic title. It happens all the time.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Jan 17. 2017 07:06

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi surfer10k -

I'm with Jets2011 on this one. Akarsh @ CyberLink Technical Support provided two options (trim or split) as ways to downsize your video... with screenshots & links.

You may not wish to "go through the export process", but that's just how it is. There is no option in PDR to just cut off some of it without rendering the trimmed file.

If you have an 100GB AVI file that's 20+ minutes in duration (undisclosed), it probably has a high video bitrate. One way of downsizing is to produce it (sorry) with a lower bitrate.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!