Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
32 or 64 bit?
Rog1966 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2014 03:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am in discussion with CyberLinks support team regarding my new PowerDVD 14 download. They have been very helpful but the issue is still not "sorted".

I just wondered if anyone else has the same problem.....

I am running Windows 8.1 on a 64 bit desktop computer but when I look at PowerDVD that was downloaded I find that my computer is running the 32bit version. There is no information within the program itself regarding which version ws downloaded (and there was no "option" during the download to specify the 64bit program) but it was while I was looking at something else in "Task Manager" (Cntrl+Alt+Del >>>Task Manager) that I noticed the PowerDVD was only running the 32bit version.

Just wondered if there are others out there that unknowingly are running the 32bit on a 64bit computer.
Flipflop [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 07, 2011 05:21 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am in discussion with CyberLinks support team regarding my new PowerDVD 14 download. They have been very helpful but the issue is still not "sorted".

I just wondered if anyone else has the same problem.....

I am running Windows 8.1 on a 64 bit desktop computer but when I look at PowerDVD that was downloaded I find that my computer is running the 32bit version. There is no information within the program itself regarding which version ws downloaded (and there was no "option" during the download to specify the 64bit program) but it was while I was looking at something else in "Task Manager" (Cntrl+Alt+Del >>>Task Manager) that I noticed the PowerDVD was only running the 32bit version.

Just wondered if there are others out there that unknowingly are running the 32bit on a 64bit computer.

Rog, I don't believe there IS a 64 bit version, what makes you think that there is?
Rog1966 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 18, 2014 03:03 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Flippy,

One of the websites suggested there was a 64bit program.

With that in mind I sent the following to support and after a few suggestions they are still "looking into it"

I quote..."It would seem, having purchased PowerDVD V14 and downloaded it I have the 32bit version loaded. My computer has an i7 processor running Windows 8.1. How do I load the 64bit version?"

You would have thought they would, assuming you are right (which, on reflection, I think you are), have pointed out the error of my ways!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 20. 2014 06:21

Jones84 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 09, 2007 22:19 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Flippy,

One of the websites suggested there was a 64bit program.

With that in mind I sent the following to support and after a few suggestions they are still "looking into it"

I quote..."It would seem, having purchased PowerDVD V14 and downloaded it I have the 32bit version loaded. My computer has an i7 processor running Windows 8.1. How do I load the 64bit version?"

You would have thought they would, assuming you are right (which, on reflection, I think you are), have pointed out the error of my ways!!

What ever website stated powerdvd has a 64 bit app is wrong.

Powerdvd has always been 32bit. No 64 bit app. It has 64bit support but that's about it.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

To add more to what the others have told you, 64bit versions of CyberLink software (like PowerDirector) use the same installer as the 32bit version. So there is not a separate version that you need to ensure you get.

If you are running Win 32bit, the installer will install the 64bit version of PowerDirector. If you are running Win 64bit, the installer will install the 64bit version.

But as Jones84 said, there is no 64-bit version of PowerDVD 14. It runs on a 64-bit OS though.

Dave