Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hello,

It is not alien, it's a common way to signify that the project is using drop frame timecode for NTSC video:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SMPTE_timecode#Drop_frame_timecode

If you don't like it, just go to General preferences and switch to non-drop timecode.

Dave
Hello,

"Apparently it is enabled for ChromeCast"...in PowerDVD? No, you can not stream or play Blu-ray Discs to another device. Even with Chromecast.

This is not CyberLink's decision, it is the Blu-ray Disc Assocation's decision, so you should be asking them when it will be available.

Dave
Hello,

There you go gents. The answers to why there is no UHD BD burning in PowerDirector 16 in the latest PD News letter. Straight from the person that knows: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64399.page

Dave

Thus so far the only safe and working way to watch any UHD discs you want is either to buy a standalone player or build a PC by CyberLink requirements.

Well...to be more accurate, the PC requirements come from the Blu-ray Disc Association. CyberLink is just the middle man (software part) that follows the official spec so they can get the official Ultra HD Blu-ray logo on its product. This is a huge difference.

You should really be asking the the BDA, and even the device manufacturers, when and if they will add the graphics cards to the spec. Not CyberLink. It's not their decision.

Dave
Hello Francois,

Please start a new thread next time...but anyway. You were in the right place. The master volumer for each track is in the Audio Mixing Room.

Dave
Hello,

PowerDVD does not rip video files. Power2Go 11 is the CyberLink program that does, but it won't rip copyrighted discs.

Dave
Hi Mark,

Yes PowerDVD can play Blu-rays in a dual monitor setup, but you need to use extend display mode in Windows (press Windows key and the P).

I am not familiar with your setup, i.e. "directlink" dock, but the monitor on the extended display needs to be connected via the following, according to the help:

"an HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, D-Sub connection."

Dave
Quote I had Power DVD 10 and it always had glitches and wouldn't play half the movies I bought.

So I try a free trial of Power DVD17. I liked it so decided to buy it before the trial had expired. I purchased it and downloaded it. Then all of the sudden I can't play movies because I'm told the trial has expired. Of course I go back to my purchase e-mail and try to re-download and the link has expired.

Hello,

So you are saying you purchased and downloaded the file and then it expired? Both the trial and the download link?

By this explanation it sounds like you:

- installed the trial, used it until you decided you wanted it

- purchased the full version.

- downloaded the full version, but never installed and activated the full version.

- the trial version then expired, and now you are complaining.

So by this we must assume that you deleted the full version, that you said you downloaded, without installing it? Really? This sounds like a PBKAC error to me. The download links expire within a week for understandable reasons.

Either way, you can just email the customer service team and get a new download link to install it within 24 hours probably. It is not as hard as you are making it sound:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Dave

My wish for PD17 is that the programmers in charge simply read and implement some of the requests for PD16 and even and the ones for PD15 and 14.

The requests you made here were for PowerDirector 17, not for 16. I don't think people read the fine print. The planning for version 16 ended 10 months ago. Plus with the sheer volume of suggestions, there is no way they would ever be able to get them all.

Having said that, for version 17 I hope to finally get audio scrubbing and more plug in features.

I am shooting more and more 360 video, so happy to see continued improvement with that in version 16!
Hello,

It is not a bug, auto-resume for Blu-rays has not been available since version 12 or so. This is because of the use of BD-J, which causes issues with load time on newer discs. I do have one newer disc that I got as a gift, and it has a resume feature in the disc's menu.

You should check if your discs have that. I believe most have this, so no need for PowerDVD to bloat it's software with this feature

Auto-resume does still work for me on some of my older Blu-rays, which is great since I don't buy Blu-rays anymore.

Dave
Hi Tom,

I just tested this with the latest version of PowerDirector 15 and had no trouble uploading a video to Facebook. So make sure you have the latest patch version installed, as the Facebook API changes from time to time.

Also, after upload, I clicked on the link you mentioned and I did receive an error message page. But it was because the video was not processed by FB yet. After a minute or so (depending on the file size) it renderred and then works.

To the original poster Andy.

You can download your own videos from Facebook, but I don't think there is any way to download other people's video from Facebook. PowerDirector definitely does not have a capture from Facebook feature.

Dave
Hello,

I never said that the burner does the authoring, not sure how you got that. What I did say is that it takes an incredible amount of processing and drive power to author a disc and new drives were needed in the past with the new technology. UHD is a new technology that requires a new drive, processor and motherboard to play, so expecting the Blu-ray burning laser to work burning should not be expected.

UHD discs have three layers on one side and will need new burning laser and firmware for the task. If it is possible to provide UHD BD burning, from what I have learned about CL is they usually want to be the first. I would not expect it as a simple search will tell you that there are no UHD burners out there yet. I guess we'll find out next month for sure though.

Dave
Eugene,

Your question is asking whether there will be Ultra HD Blu-ray authoring, i.e. you can burn 4K video to a disc that plays in a UHD Blu-ray standalone player. The key word is "authoring". This is what the King was referrring to, and there is no drive that can do this yet. Just like DVD burners could not burn Blu-ray Discs (or like my Blu-ray drive that can burn DVDs, but not Blu-rays) this is a new technology that will need a new type of hardware. It is NOT all on the software side.

What you are currently doing is burning a 4K video file to a Blu-ray disc, which is a data disc. The video file is playable as you said with any software video player that can play the video file, but is not the same quality disc as an Ultra HD Blu-ray. Similar to the difference between an audio CD and an MP3 data disc.

Authoring a disc and burning a video file to a data disc are different. The file structures on the disc are different. Burning a data disc is essentially like copying a file on a hard drive disk.

PowerDirector doesn't burn data discs (which I am sure you know), it authors Blu-rays or DVDs in the "spec format" for playback on supported players that have the official DVD or Blu-ray logos.

Dave
Yeah...there isn't even a UHD Blu-ray burning drive yet for sale yet that I can see, so I wouldn't expect the 4K burning software to be first.
Hi Wakey,

If you move the mouse to the right side of the window, all the on screen controls are instantly hidden. If that is not what you mean, you can also go into General settings and deselect the Show OSD option.

Dave
Hi Bill,

Yes...a fellow Canadian from Winnipeg. I've never been to London, well not that London. I've been to the other one 6 times or so!

Thanks for the additional information. To answer your question, no there is not an easier way to do it.

To understand the logic, you should understand how the non-linear editing process works behind the scenes. If you are not familiar with that term, then please have a look here for a start: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-linear_editing_system

Basically, it is "non destructive" editing. When you perform any edits on the timeline, you are not actually cutting the original file in real time. You are just "marking" the original file, telling PowerDirector what "parts" of the original file you want in your final video file. Then when you produce the file, PowerDirector checks the log of requested edits from each file, and then compiles it into a new one.

So if you were to cut content from one file and paste it on another track, you are not actually cutting a video file, you are cutting and pasting the edit log.

Hope that makes sense and can help you with the editing process going forward.

Please let me know if you have any more questions, or if I misunderstood what you want.

Dave
Hi Bill,

I am not 100% sure what it is you need, but here are a couple guesses and ways to do it. If I am wrong, please let me know what it is and I can update.

1. When you say "multiple MP4 files at different times", I am assuming you mean you have multiple source video files. You want these files to be edited. Possibly same file different lengths?

2. When you say "crop", do you mean you want to trim out portions, or the ends, to have a shorter versions?

If the answer is basically "Yes" to both questions, then the fastest way is to import the MP4 files one at a time. Place the file on the timeline, and then use the Trim function (scissors button above the timeline) to crop off/out the content you don't want. Then produce it to create a new file. Just make sure during production to name your project or file in a way that makes it easy to recognize that specific cropped video.

If by crop you mean to crop out the edges in video clips, then the procedure is similar, but instead of entering Trim, you click Tools > Power Tools > Crop & Zoom.

Please let me know if this helps.

Dave
Hello,

Your question is an interesting one, and hope we can find a way for you to do it.

You definitely don't need to go to ColorDirector for this. Just use the Mask desginer in Powerdirector. There you can create custom masks that move, which sounds like what you want. It also let's you create text masks, but I don't think you want that.

Just put a clip on the timeline and click the Designer button to find it.

Dave
Hi Paul,

PowerDVD does not have the screen recorder. That feature is in PowerDirector only:

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/compare-versions_en_US.html
Hi,

Yes it does:

https://www.cyberlink.com/support/service/free-voice-support.jsp

Dave
Hello,

I downloaded the file and scanned it with Windows Defender (latest updates applied) and my anti virus program Symantec, and did not get any alerts.

Most likely you're getting a false positive, especially since the YouCam update is over 6 months old (2016-12-18 release date). Others would have reported this by now if it had a trojan.

Dave
Go to: