Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can PowerDVD 16 stream Blu-ray from PC to TV via DLNA?
gengangere [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2016 12:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Forgive me, I have been searching but I can't find a conclusive answer to this. Can PowerDVD 16 Ultra or Pro stream a BluRay Disc from a PC's BD Drive to a Samsung Smart TV or PS3/4, for example, allowing the PC to act as a proxy Blu-ray player? I suspect the answer is no but would like it confirmed before I commit to a purchase (the limitations of the trial version don't allow me to confirm this for myself).
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Definitive answer: No.

My source? Straight from the PowerDVD 16 help: "Note: Blu-ray Discs, DVDs, movie folders, and ISO files cannot be casted to a streaming device."

Dave
gengangere [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 15, 2016 12:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I think I did see this when trying to find out for myself before asking here, but I was a bit confused because when I saw it this seemed to be aimed specifically at those 'proprietary' streaming devices (namely, chromecast, ruxor or whatever, and Apple TV) that I wasn't sure if it applied to those those exclusively, or any, more generic DLNA compatible device (like a PS4 or Samsung TV), but I suppose it stands to reason that the disc-to-stream situation would be the same for those devices as well.

Cheers!

Angus

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 18. 2016 06:39