Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Warp Stabilizer (Adobe) equivalent effect in PowerDirector
Henk66 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2016 09:30 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I'd like to try and make this kind of effect: https://vimeo.com/102412299 a dolly zoom time lapse.

It uses a tool in After Effects called Warp Stabilizer. Has anyone tried the same thing in PD and how did you do it?

Just video stabilizer or any other crop and zoom involved? Schenker XMG P506 15.6" Pro
Intel i7-6700k 2.6 Ghz
Samsung 512GB m.2 SSD
16Gb RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 970M
Windows 10
PowerDirector 14
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I watched that video and the user was taking photos, not shooting video. So the video stabilizer in PowerDirector won't work for this. Are you taking photos as well? If yes...then the crop and zoom feature would be the best bet...but it is all up to you to manually make the effect look correct.

This is a classic horror movie technique that you can create when shooting video by zooming in or out (on the subject), while tracking backward/forward. I never tried to duplicate it myself, but it sure would be fun to try. Maybe in my next shoot...hmmmm.

Dave
Henk66 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2016 09:30 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
@Jets2011 I was planning on taking pictures and then turning them into a timelapse video. That was my thinking anyway. I will likely have to test a few methods. Thanks for your thoughts on it. Schenker XMG P506 15.6" Pro
Intel i7-6700k 2.6 Ghz
Samsung 512GB m.2 SSD
16Gb RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 970M
Windows 10
PowerDirector 14