Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi!
It happened also to me, after an Nvidia driver update. The workaround for me was to uncheck "Use hardware decoding" in PD options. I'm not in front of my computer right now, so this option might be called a bit different. This was with PD9, but it seems to be Nvidia related problem, so the workaround might work also in PD10
Cheers
Marcin
Quote: Ok.. I give... what are you actually trying to ask us? What are you trying to do?????

There are a lot of keyboard layouts in the world, different than QWERTY.
I think the problem is with one of the following layouts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ

In such cases, the right alt key (called sometimes AltGr) is used to input some characters. PD is ignoring the right alt key - it treats it just like the left one and it is impossible to enter such characters like @ with German layout or all Polish national characters wit Polish keyboard. This affects titles from title room. The workaround is to write desired title in notepad and paste it into PD. Submitted this bug a year ago, it is present from the beginning of PD
Cheers
Marcin
Hi Mark!
Although I still use PD9, I can see that the problem is still in PD10. My machine is still a bit underpowered, but good enough to work with DVD quality. The freezing occurs at random, but I've noticed that it happens less often when you save you work, restart PD and go right into produce screen. The issue looks random and until now I could not determine what is the cause.One more thing- after I produce I check the file- if freeze happened, I produce once again into another file and compare file sizes- if newly produced file is bigger than firs one, I check it. If not- I produce again.
Hope the issue will go away after I upgrade my machine.
Cheers
Marcin
Hi!
Copy paste method works well, it is only Right ALT+Letter combination that does not work. So write your text in notepad and copy it into PD
Second method- use combination of ~ and then the "a" letter for instance. It works inside PD.
Pozdrawiam
Marcin
Shadow files? When the clip is on the timeline, the preview window will show shadow file, that is in lower quality- this is done to speed up editing on not powerfull machines.
Marcin
Quote:
EDIT: Maybe it was New Blue that wasn't ready, we'll never know, but I have a ticket into them.

This is also mine understanding. Funny, I thought that there is a common plugin architecture that allows interchange plugins regardless of editing software (of course OS dependant). It looks that it is the other way around.

@heinzb58: Thanks!

Marcin
Anybody knows which NB plugins are included in the PD10?
Marcin
Quote:
I have done the install a few times and it's plain to see that although the install says it is complete, it isn't as there is no pdr9.exe file in Program Files.

This might be a stupid question, but have you also checked the C:\Program Files (x86) folder?
Cheers
Marcin
Quote:
But at least there's the work-around for shortening a clip without effecting other clips in the track - using the Slice and then "delete leaving gap" method works just fine. It's just not consistent with how we can make clips longer without effecting other clips, and it takes longer than a simple grab-n-drag move.

I have just thought about another workaround- if multitrack is not convenient, we can use a black colour board or transparent PNG file as a gap, to have it exactly how long as we want it.
It is just up to our creativity in problem-solving
Cheers
Marcin
Quote: Yes, that behavior seems inconsistent to me. Make a clip longer, and everything after the clip stays in place. Make it shorter with the same grab-n-drag method makes everything move.

PD9 is lacking something I'd gotten used to in previous software. When wanting to shorten a clip by the easy, most intuitive method of grabbing, there should be a keybinding that temporarily over-rides the default behavior. Like, push CTRL while dragging left, and that makes everything stay in place. That would be nice to have.

RB

It is consistent. It is just a different approach- change to the clip duration should not make the gap larger. But I agree, having possibility to switch the mode of this action would be nice.
From the other hand- if you use multiple tracks, changes on one track will not affect others. So maybe only a change in a workflow is needed?
Br
Marcin
Hi!
I must report that I'm hitting the same issue. To make it worst- I'm experiencing this "frame freeze" not only during DVD creation, but also during MPEG-2 creation, so the "produce- create DVD" path is not working for me .
The problem seems to be completely random, as the movie freezes at different moment at each produce.
I will check if I have the same issue with the project with the previous build and send update here.

Marcin
Hi Jerry!
You can use for instance a default text- just put it on the text track, extend as far as the music should go and get the duration from it. Then enter the duration into Sonicfire and export WAV file. No need for splitting
Cheers
Marcin
PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.3305
Hi!
The patch is here:
http://update.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/PowerDirector/VDE110624-04/CyberLink.3305_GM6_Patch,_VDE110624-04.exe
PD found it after starting and displayed info that upgrade is available.
Maybe it was uploaded to a server but the info is not yet released?

Cheers
Marcin
Hi!
To be honest, both files looks identical to me. I received different results when using WMP and DIVX player, but the difference was identical for both clips, so I would say that DIVX Player was not good at playing your clip. Quicktime failed to get correct aspect ratio for the original clip
Br
Marcin
Yes, seems to be useless, but the rotation by the fixed angles might be faster and you might finish with better quality, as algorithm for this is probably simpler. It all depends on the rotation algorithm implementation for all those cases.
Cheers
Marcin
Hi Jirka!
"Rotate Canvas" can be found in the FX room and lets you rotate a picture by 90, 280 and 270 degrees.
Cheers
Marcin
Hi!
You can also use the "Rotate Canvas" FX. It will do the same.
Br
Marcin
Hi,
I don't know how to specify the start time for production, but maybe a solution with grouping all tracks, splitting at the cursor position and deleting everything that is on the left side of the cursor is acceptable?
The other solution I can think of is to produce the whole clip and then edit the result- just trim the clip. Choosing the same target profile should prevent from re-rendering, when producing the trimmed video, I think.
Cheers
Marcin
Yes, just after I posted my reply
Sorry for this.
Marcin
Go to: