Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD 10 WHERE IS @
Victorlima [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2012 10:17 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am a proud user of PD 10.
But, where is @ sign.
AltGr + v is dead, nothing, niente, nada...

AltGr works ok with B (bold,...)

Any ideas ?

Thnxinadvance
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Ok.. I give... what are you actually trying to ask us? What are you trying to do?????

CyberLink PowerDirector 10 Tutorials
PDtoots PowerDirector Tutorials

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,

I am a proud user of PD 10.
But, where is @ sign.
AltGr + v is dead, nothing, niente, nada...

AltGr works ok with B (bold,...)

Any ideas ?

Thnxinadvance

If you want a @ in a Title, use Shift+2 (that is @ on the keyboard).

If you want it in places you can not type it in try ALT+064 = @
Press and hold the ALT key while typing 0 6 4 on the number pad then release the ALT key.
The character will appear when you release the ALT key.

Edit: The Number lock must be on for the Alt Character to work.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2012 16:18

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
@ first I thought Victorlima's question was a bit odd, then I read Carl's alternative response & learnt something! All this time sitting at the keyboard, scurrying off to Character Map when I needed odd symbols... & I was never aware of these Alt + numeric keypad characters!

http://www.tedmontgomery.com/tutorial/altchrc.html

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Victorlima [Avatar]
[Post New]
Dear Mr. CARL312 and Mr. ynotfish,

thank You for fast, intelligent and serviceable reply.

And you Bubba in NV, evidently you must read the question very, very, VERY slowly.
Start thinking with your own head and stop answering with this prepared answer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2012 13:45

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Tony, A very good web site for the Alt Characters.

You can also find many of the Alt characters in Microsoft Word. Look for Insert > Symbol. There are several character tables in MS Word.

That is the location in Microsoft Word 2000, it may be in a different menu in later versions.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28. 2012 16:19

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
and... not only, but also...

I just looked at Character Map (again) & noticed (for the first time) it has an Advanced View, and also kindly informs the user of the Keystroke combination!!! How did I never see that before??? No need to answer!

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
And you Bubba in NV, evidently you must read the question very, very, VERY slowly.
Start thinking with your own head and stop answering with this prepared answer.

Woh! Steady on!! Whilst it may not be my place to say so, I don't think Bubba had a 'prepared' answer here. May simply have not got what you were after!

You got an answer to your problem from two regular posters here. No need to trounce the other guy surely!!

Sorry mods if I'm out of turn here.......
Loveclose [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 20, 2012 08:49 Messages: 76 Offline
[Post New]
For the record, I found the character map info here most enlightening!! Think I learnt something here too!
The meek shall inherit the earth, if that's ok with everyone else....
Bubba in TX
Senior Contributor Location: Central Texas Joined: Dec 12, 2009 21:32 Messages: 1332 Offline
[Post New]
Victorlima ... whatever..... __________________________________________
Windows 8 Pro 64 bit

**NOTICE**
When you are asked to provide a DXDIAG you go the following link and do part "B". Your posted specs are NOT what we are looking for as they tell us nothing. The specs on the box of your computer mean nothing. The DXDIAG shows us how your computer is configured as it runs.

DXDIAG Link
Victorlima [Avatar]
[Post New]
Oh, Bubba, now I see,

this red "SHOUT" text, about trial version ... is your signature.
I thought that you shout on me, what to do...
So, you shout on everybody

Whatever, in my country we say : ON THIS WE DRINK !
So, BUD or Heineken

Anyway, thnx again for kind help on this forum.

Enjoy.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 29. 2012 01:15

RonH
Contributor Location: Norway (from Australia) Joined: Sep 05, 2011 10:13 Messages: 364 Offline
[Post New]
I tried to use a £ sign in the Title Room a while back and solved it by typing what I needed in Word 2010 and copy/paste into PD10. It seems you can copy/paste any text from Word to PD10 CYa Ron (W10/i5gen8/Nvidia)
Someone famous once said: "We only have the 4th dimension of 'time' so that everything does not all happen at once"
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: I tried to use a £ sign in the Title Room a while back and solved it by typing what I needed in Word 2010 and copy/paste into PD10. It seems you can copy/paste any text from Word to PD10

The UK pound sign is Alt+0163 on the number pad with number lock on.

Press and Hold the ALT key while typing 0 1 6 3 on the number pad, when you release the ALT key £ will appear.

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Bubba in TX
[Post New]
Victorlima ....... OK.... the reason I was confused to get the @ sign I just hit shift/2................. but there are lots of special characters I use with alt/(character code) especially alt 284 ° and alt 0169 ©

**NOTICE**

DXDIAG Link
[Post New]
Dam Carl312 I also after 25 years on PC never knew about Hold Alt type numbers produces character.

Like Tony have know idea how I never ran into this before THANKS FOR POINTING THIS OUT.
Carl312
[Post New]
Quote: Dam Carl312 I also after 25 years on PC never knew about Hold Alt type numbers produces character.

Like Tony have know idea how I never ran into this before THANKS FOR POINTING THIS OUT.

I used to program computers using basic or C.

There were a ton a characters that are not on the standard keyboard. The only way to get them from the keyboard is the Alt+Number pad.

You did see Tony's link to the Alt Character tables, I hope. That is a good list.

[Post New]
Yes I did thanks :
MarcinB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Poland Joined: Jun 15, 2011 14:23 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Ok.. I give... what are you actually trying to ask us? What are you trying to do?????

There are a lot of keyboard layouts in the world, different than QWERTY.
I think the problem is with one of the following layouts:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ

In such cases, the right alt key (called sometimes AltGr) is used to input some characters. PD is ignoring the right alt key - it treats it just like the left one and it is impossible to enter such characters like @ with German layout or all Polish national characters wit Polish keyboard. This affects titles from title room. The workaround is to write desired title in notepad and paste it into PD. Submitted this bug a year ago, it is present from the beginning of PD
Cheers
Marcin