Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Sudden Quality loss
Peterj [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 13, 2011 02:58 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there.
I have come across an annoying problem.
When i load a video into PD9 to the library the quality of the preview is excellent. The text is totally readable and fine details show up no problems, all my vids are recorded on an HD PVR at the highest rate possible. All videos produced to now have been excellent quality.

Video in library view and highlighted

As soon as i put the video into the timeline the quality degrades dramatically , i can no longer see the text correctly and the preview screen downgrades it's size.
Video in timeline preview.

As you can see there is a large difference.
The produced video right now is less than a pathetic quality and isn't even worth doing.
Raw Videos (as in unedited) that loaded and previewed with perfect quality now downgrade and look terrible.

I have checked the settings of both the recorder and the source Output is 1080i and the hauppauge is recording at its highest setting- nothing has changed from when the quality was excellent.

I have done a pc system restore to when i knew the videos were not having this problem, less that 24 hrs ago
I have re installed the program completely

No other programs are running badly or no problems with graphics what so ever, i run PS5 extended without fault.
How can a program that has been working well for a month just flop like this.
Any ideas out there?
HalCon
Senior Contributor Location: Charlottetown, PEI Joined: Mar 01, 2008 10:36 Messages: 719 Offline
[Post New]
Peterj,

Have a look at the view selection area just below the view screen.

When you have the clip selected in the timeline, it should show "Fit". If it is showing a % figure, the clip will not show as in the first image in your post.

Clicking on a clip in the library window automatically sets the selection to "Fit", but it will revert back to a numbered % if it has been selected while you have a clip selected on the timeline.

See attached Image.

Hope this helps.

Hal
[Thumb - viewsize.png]
 Filename
viewsize.png
[Disk]
 Description
Setting for the view window
 Filesize
156 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
121 time(s)
OS - Win11 Pro, Alienware R13, CPU - Intel Core I7-12700KF 12 CPUs), 16g DDR5 4400 RAM, Video - Geeforce RTX 3080ti 12g, PD11 & PD365
My YouTube
Peterj [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks for the suggestion.
It's the quality of the preview once in the timeline and the actually preview screen size doesn't effect it. The quality is still very poor no matter what size the fit is.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Peterj is a newbie, welcome.
Perhaps your video card driver is out of date.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/7958.page
see link, PART B specifically, we need a dxdiag to see your machine's innards. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Peterj [Avatar]
[Post New]
Good suggestion , i thought of that one though. That is why i did a sys restore.
Seems strange that there was no update with windows or any other program over night from the last video i rendered to the one i tried this morning.

Something isnt quite right somewhere though, ive attached the diag file
 Filename
peterjDxDiag.zip
[Disk]
 Description
diags
 Filesize
8 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
257 time(s)
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Your video driver is dated from January, 2011, so go directly to AMD website, find your card series, and get the update.
Do NOT use Windows to search for that driver.
You also are short of RAM, only 2 gigs, go to 4 gigs.
Last, not sure Vista is the best OS, but you do those 2 things, you should get better results. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Peterj [Avatar]
[Post New]
However it seems to render videos at the same quality as it did before with no loss of speed . It's only the previews that have gone bad for some reason
MarcinB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Poland Joined: Jun 15, 2011 14:23 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Shadow files? When the clip is on the timeline, the preview window will show shadow file, that is in lower quality- this is done to speed up editing on not powerfull machines.
Marcin