Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Subtitles in Polish language.
huberkinky1954 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: nope Joined: Dec 14, 2011 06:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I'm a user of Corel VideoStudio and latest update to new version cost more than PW10. ;
Initially I've d/loaded PD9 and I was unable successfully use Polish fonts with Polish special characters.

I didn't try very hard though. ;

Now... if PD10 does support Polish characters, I will buy but the system would not allow me d/load trial version of PD10. My PD9 is still on my machine, but 30 day trial period is over few months ago.

So all I need is to confirm, that I can use in some ( I know I can't use in all!) fonts, like Arial or other M$ fonts Polish characters.

Help!

TIA
OK that's me
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I carried out the following test in PD10.
1. opened PD10
1-1. Placed the sample mpeg into the track
1-2. Called up Titles
1-3. Place the default title in the track
1-4. Changed the font
2. I opened the following page:
http://translate.google.com/#en|pl|The%20sun%20shines%20all%20day%20in%20the%20summertime

The sun shines all day in the summertime = Słońce świeci przez cały dzień w okresie letnim

3. I used copy'n'paste and placed the Polish text into the PD10 Title

I have attached a screenshot.

Is the translation correct?

Dafydd

[Thumb - sdukpd10-20117-pd486.png]
 Filename
sdukpd10-20117-pd486.png
[Disk]
 Description
Polish text
 Filesize
233 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
463 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 14. 2011 09:42

MarcinB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Poland Joined: Jun 15, 2011 14:23 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!
Copy paste method works well, it is only Right ALT+Letter combination that does not work. So write your text in notepad and copy it into PD
Second method- use combination of ~ and then the "a" letter for instance. It works inside PD.
Pozdrawiam
Marcin
huberkinky1954 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: nope Joined: Dec 14, 2011 06:51 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi!
Copy paste method works well, it is only Right ALT+Letter combination that does not work. So write your text in notepad and copy it into PD
Second method- use combination of ~ and then the "a" letter for instance. It works inside PD.
Pozdrawiam
Marcin

Yes! Now I do remember where was the problem. Looks like still is!

You can write in Notepad but you can't save! When you are translating into Polish, you have to write in Notepad firstly and than copy and paste into program.

Thanks for the help.

The program seems to be much more powerful than Corel, so instead upgrading into Corel I'l rather get PW and use both. Or give up on Corel.

OK that's me