Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to specify start time for production?
Torrey Lewis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2011 00:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am working on a project that has multiple timelines. Each timeline is a different camera angle of the same event.

I managed to get each of the timelines offset so they line up correctly, however this resulted in some of the videos to be offset from each other. As a result I would like to to only produce the video from the cursor on the screenshot to the end.

How do I specify the start and stop time of the production?

Is there a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

I am using PowerDirector Ultra64 9.0.0.2930

Thanks,
Torrey

[Thumb - Multiple timelines.jpg]
 Filename
Multiple timelines.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
147 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
155 time(s)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I think I follow what your problem is.
1. track dominance is the highest number
2. A track disabled will not display*
3. Drag the footage/clips you want to a new track and disable the unused tracks, making sure you align them correctly. Note their Movie timecode positions and use that to place correctly.

* may not display but if the disable track over-runs a viewable track a black screen is recorded.

MarcinB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Poland Joined: Jun 15, 2011 14:23 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I don't know how to specify the start time for production, but maybe a solution with grouping all tracks, splitting at the cursor position and deleting everything that is on the left side of the cursor is acceptable?
The other solution I can think of is to produce the whole clip and then edit the result- just trim the clip. Choosing the same target profile should prevent from re-rendering, when producing the trimmed video, I think.
Cheers
Marcin
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
It seems to me that you are asking how to produce just part of the video on the time line. That is not possible. Reference #3 in Dafydd's post above, but remember that if the first part of your movie is in a disabled track, you will get a black screen until you get to your visible clip. That is why you move the unwanted portion to another track and disable it, then move the wanted portion forward, if necessary. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Torrey Lewis [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 12, 2011 00:05 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Much appreciated for the suggestions. As I only needed to chop off the first portion of the video, I ended up producing it to .avi, cutting the unwanted portion and then re-produced it to .avi.

Thanks!
Torrey