Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 9 does not start - Needs help please
Sangeet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2011 08:41 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
I have successfully completed the 30 days trial without any problem and created many DVDs.

I was very happy with the product and purchased a boxed copy from amazon and installed the software on my pc.

It was installed successfully but the software doesnot starts. When I click the cyberlink powerdirector icon it launches the software and I get the Cyberlink powerdirector launch screen for about 1 minute and then I gets the home screen and its says "importing media" and then the sofware hangs.

I have tried this several times buy same problem.

I have XP, Dual core 2.7Hz with 6 GB RAM

[Thumb - task manager.JPG]
 Filename
task manager.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
Task Manager
 Filesize
90 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
294 time(s)
[Thumb - PD9.JPG]
 Filename
PD9.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
This is the final screen - after this it hangs.....
 Filesize
66 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
303 time(s)
[Post New]
Sangeet;

Please see the "sticky post" at the beginning of the forum, and provide a DXDIAG file for us.

Have you installed all the recent patches to the program?

Looks like PD9 is "stumbling" over some file in your project.

CYBERLINK needs to create a "START PD9 WITHOUT USING CURRENT PROJECT" Icon (one editors opinion), to help.

EDIT: I mean something similar to the icon for "Start FireFox in Safe Mode". Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while starting Firefox.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 18. 2011 09:47

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Sangeet
Did you remove the trial software before installing the purchased version?

Maybe you need to do a cleaner.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/15688.page Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Sangeet [Avatar]
[Post New]
FredB,

Thanks for your response. Attach please find is DIXDIAG file as required but just wanted to let you know that till last week I was using the trial version (30 days free) and I had no problem whatsoever. This problem started after I installed the software that I purchsed. When I installed this software (that I purchsed), it told me that you already have PD9 in you computer and do you want to unintall it. I did click yes. So basically the trial version was uninstalled and then this purchased version was intalled.

Sangeet
 Filename
DxDiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
331 time(s)
Sangeet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Carl,

Thanks for your response.

Just wanted to let you know that till last week I was using the trial version (30 days free) and I had no problem whatsoever. This problem started after I installed the software that I purchsed. When I installed this software (that I purchsed), it told me that you already have PD9 in you computer and whether you want to unintall ?. I did click yes. So basically the trial version was uninstalled and then this purchased version was intalled.

Your help will be appriciated.

[Post New]
Sangeet;
1. Some information is missing from your DXDIAG file related to your video card:
Dedicated Memory:

2. Go to Nvidia site and get the newest drivers for this GPU..yours are 2 years old and not WHQL signed

3. Make sure you have applied at LEAST the latest updates from Cyberlink for PD9 (build 2930) use the "Download, Software Updates" menu above. The boxed install version you get from Amazon needs patched.

Attention Moderator: Please tell Sangeet the correct sequence of updates to install (if some sequncial update is necessary!!)

FredB

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jul 18. 2011 14:27

Sangeet [Avatar]
[Post New]
Issue resolved....

I downloaded the patch from the download link above and installed it.
Buz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2011 07:21 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Consider doing.
1: Patch the program with the latest patch found at -
http://www.cyberlink.com/downloads/support/powerdirector/patches_en_C...
2: Check the firmware on your Video Card for updates from your computer manufacturer - don't trust 3rd party web sites.
3: If you use an IDE Hard drive - Enable DMA
4: Check for firmware updates for the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller from your computer manufacturer - don't trust 3rd party web sites
5: Update Windows 7 Codec Pack at -
http://download.cnet.com/Windows-7-Codec-Pack/3000-13632_4-10965840.html
6: Download K-Lite Codec Pack (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K- Lite_Codec_Pack). You will find links there.
7: When you install K-Lite Codec Pack it was not necessary for me to option any of the config's. I accepted the default settings but I did make sure to associate it for most Video file types.
8: ALWAYS grab 64bit files if your O/S and PC can handle it.
9: Anytime you change a file/program setting or do an application install, ALWAYS protect the computer by creating a new System Restore Point.
Have fun.
MarcinB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Poland Joined: Jun 15, 2011 14:23 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
had a similiar problem and noticed that I de-installed some apple software a day before. Try to install the newest Quicktime- it helped in my case.

Marcin
[Post New]
Buz and Marcin;
You both make fine points and it is always good to get help...but have you made note of Sangeet's last post on this thread??
Quote:
Issue resolved....

I downloaded the patch from the download link above and installed it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2011 07:55

MarcinB [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Poland Joined: Jun 15, 2011 14:23 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, just after I posted my reply
Sorry for this.
Marcin
[Post New]
Marcin;
It never hurts to participate positively and share our successes and solutions.

Welcome to the forum!
Buz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 20, 2011 07:21 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah me too ...albeit afterwards. But I still make a good point for anyone else to make note off.. swish.)