Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi MileHighStat -

Just click on the Insert Title button then click where you want to put it.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Andy -

I'm not encouraging any kind of naughty behaviour, but (with the right software) you can easily download videos from social media sites, including FaceBook.

There are lots of apps that will do it, but my preference is 4K Video Downloader which allows you to download in the original (uploaded) resolution.

To get the video URL, just right click on it. Just like this one.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Tom -

Strange error given that it's been running fine.

I don't know if it would help to replace that Magic Tools.dll, in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15, but I've attached one. Worth a shot (in the dark)?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Phil -

If it's any consolation to you, I (like many other forum members) have a number of different versions of PDR installed... & whenever I open PDR 14, 13, 12 (or whatever) I am prompted by the pop-up to get myself into PDR15.

It just pops up then goes away, too silly to realise I already have it. I reckon if that's the worst thing that happens in my day, it's been a good one laughing

Cheers - Tony
Quote John - This is a 6 year old post. You should start a New topic post on this one... That can be easily done on a still photo by using PiP designer. Set the keyframes for scale and position and both Ease in and Ease out are available and can be used.

Hi tomasc, John et al -

Agreed, it's an old post... but it's a current issue.

Agreed, PiP Designer has the Ease In/Out facility & the same pan & zoom motion can be achieved as in Magic Motion.

BUT (unfortunately) PiP Designer's Ease In/Out has a long standing problem. You wouldn't see it if you were making a simple pan, but when you pan and zoom together & apply Ease In/Out it slightly changes the motion path.

The greater the degree of Ease In/Out applied, the more noticeable the path shift. It's kind of like this:

Some annotated examples in this video:

John - I didn't think your workaround was that convoluted.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Bob -

I'd say there's probably some advantage in using PowerDirector, mainly because you can use a lens correction profile then "Apply to All". My initial instinct was that PhotoDirector would be easy because you could copy/paste the lens correction to each photo or save it as a preset, but there's no batch processing.

The same lens correction profiles are available for PDR & PhD.

Cheers - Tony
Hi mrallroy -

Hmm - can't replicate that here.

I pasted your profile text into my Profile.ini & there's something odd about it. When I open it in Word Pad, it doesn't display like the rest of my Profile.ini

Next I created a fairly identical profile & did a test render. It worked OK. See attached Media Info from produced file & the text for Profile.ini

Cheers - Tony
Quote I don't think any of this really helps as when you're in produce mode, you don't even get an option to produce at 1440p. That's what I want to be able to do. It's funny how that resolution didn't make it into this version or even that one could set up that resolution in a custom profile. I believe this is my last time buying PowerDirector just for this simple and easy to fix reason.

Hi -

It's true that 2560x1440 isn't one of the standard options for customising a profile, but you can get that by modifying the Profile.ini.

The same question was discussed in this thread.

Cheers - Tony
Quote is that so ?

Yes - a preset created in CDR will show up in your PDR Color Presets whether you're round tripping or using CDR as a standalone.

So - you only need to use CDR to create the preset. After that, it can be applied to multiple clips in PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Prizm -

I was a bit off the mark with my previous post. I linked to a thread where the concern was that the transition affected not only the PiP element, but the background.

Your question was about the transition not being centred on the PiP element. Many of the transitions in PDR are based on a central axis (e.g. Worm Hole). If the PiP element is placed in the centre of the screen, no problem. If it's placed off-centre, as yours are, the transition is not centred on the element, because it's acting on the whole screen.

The attached (updated for PDR15, just before PDR16 is released) PDF explains further.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Vlad8 -

Here's a visual version of what David's suggestion...

Cheers - Tony
Hi nets -

If you shoot in CinemaDNG format, you'll have a set of RAW DNG files. Importing them straight into PDR would be a waste because they'll immediately be converted to JPG.

DaVinci Resolve will need to be part of the process. You could export the graded videos from Resolve in an appropriate format & do the final edit in PDR.

I downloaded some RAW clips from No Film School to determine that.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Prizm -

Longedge is onto it again!

What you've come across is a long standing "glitch" (for want of a better word) that makes some transitions act on the whole screen, rather than on a resized PiP element. If you'd used a simple fade, for example, the issue wouldn't occur.

In this thread, you'll find some demo videos and a PDF file listing all the culprit transitions.

What you're getting is shown in the top pic below, with both transitions centred on the red dot (i.e. centre of screen).

What you're after (as Longedge posted) is for the transition to act only on the PiP element, shown in the bottom pic below. With those transitions, that can only be achieved by pre-producing.

Cheers - Tony

Whoops! FAKE NEWS ALERT! I've just noticed the PDF file in that other thread is not completely true for PDR15. That's probably related to the slightly different transparency behaviour in PDR15 compared to previous versions.
Joe -

If that's what you're doing & that's what's happening, I can understand your confusion. From what you've posted you seem to be following all the right steps. There are no secret steps you're missing, though you didn't upload the other two screenshots.

Just to confirm, are you doing exactly what's shown in this screen capture? (it sounds like you are!)

If you are, then I cannot think of any explanation.

Cheers - Tony
Hi geokr -

Quote: I was thinking about upgrading but if this is the best I can do then I'm not going to waste more money.

I'm not sure what the problem is, except that PDR11 is not equipped for High DPI scaling.

As stated in your other recent thread UHD scaling was introduced in PDR13.

See attached screenshots of PDR13, 14 & 15 (same project) with display resolution set at 3840x2160 & scaling at 200%.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Joe -

If you have an image in the timeline, with the timeline marker somewhere "on it", you should get the option to show the background image.

See the attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony

1. If Effect Exractor is not present in the folder tomasc named, PDR has not been installed correctly. That would need a re-install. C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files

2. Definitely fix the file associations in Settings > Apps Defaults - Choose default apps by file type

So - what happened when you double clicked that attached .dza file? You didn't say.

Cheers - Tony
Hi geokr -

DPI scaling wasn't introduced in PDR till version 13, so I guess you'll have to set your display resolution to 1920x1080 until you upgrade to a more recent version of PDR. PDR15 is pretty cheap right now laughing

Cheers - Tony
Hi djderby555 -

I've never seen an error message like that!

Once you've downloaded the .dza file, you should be able to double click to open it with Effect Extractor (or right click > Open with > Effect Extractor). It should then be available in PDR & ADR under "Downloaded".

""

Check in your Apps Defaults - Choose default apps by file type, to make sure .dza files are associated with Effect Extractor.

Please post a screenshot of what happens when you download then double click the attached file.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Robert -

I've seen that before & it could be related to particle effects.

It's been found that some particles, generated in previous versions, don't function correctly.

The particle effect is possibly embedded in the title, so if you open up the title in Title Designer you can remove it or replace it with one that works properly.

Best guess.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Ivan -

I'm afraid it is what it is. Screen Recorder does not capture the actual "tools" as you see them in Photoshop.

Other screen recorders will do the job, like Camtasia, but they may cost you $$$. CL Screen Recorder is provided free with PDR. The partial screenshots below show Camtasia's recording of the Pen tool in Ps, beside CL Screen Recorder's.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: