Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Ivan -

I'm afraid it is what it is. Screen Recorder does not capture the actual "tools" as you see them in Photoshop.

Other screen recorders will do the job, like Camtasia, but they may cost you $$$. CL Screen Recorder is provided free with PDR. The partial screenshots below show Camtasia's recording of the Pen tool in Ps, beside CL Screen Recorder's.

Cheers - Tony
I'd agree with Gary on that. That seems to be the issue.

I tested photos directly off Nikon D5300 & there was no noticeable colour difference in all software previously tested.

JPEG Snoop identifies the Colour Space in my photos as sRGB, but describes yours as "Uncalibrated". The log is attached.

Craig - check whether you get the same issue with photos directly from your D750.

Cheers - Tony
Craig & Longedge -

I've found some inconsistencies, but not sure what they indicate. Before testing I re-calibrated my monitor.

Craig's photo DSC_2958.JPG displays "accurately" in various photo editing software I tried. It does appear to have a green cast in 1. PDR15, 2. Paint.NET & 3. MS Paint. You'll see that in the zipped attachment of screenshot.

I'll do the same test with a similarly coloured shot of my own.

BTW, JPEG Snoop indicates the photo has been edited in Photoshop. Not sure if that's relevant.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Bob -

I'd agree with Frank's suggestion to shoot in RAW (or both concurrently). You'd want to process the RAW photos in a photo editor prior to PDR import. PDR just converts RAW to JPG anyway.

It's quite an involved thing shooting an eclipse from what I've read & heard (I've never done it). A couple of links that might help:

https://digital-photography-school.com/how-photograph-solar-eclipse/

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/learn-and-explore/a/tips-and-techniques/how-to-photograph-a-solar-eclipse.html

https://eclipse.aas.org/imaging-video/images-videos

Longedge's conclusion about PRACTICE is vital, since you'll only get one shot at it on the day!

Cheers - Tony
Hi Craig -

I don't really have any clues about what may be causing the colour shift of JPGs in PDR. Can't recall it having been reported previously.

Looking at your DxDiag, the driver for your HD Graphics 620 is not the most recent. Even though I doubt that's the issue, you should update it. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/96551/Intel-HD-Graphics-620

Your photos are displaying properly (obviously) in Photoshop & other software. It's just in PDR you get the green cast?

Could you attach one of the images showing the problem?

Cheers - Tony
G'day Ed -

Glad you got your multi-cam functioning. I tried to replicate it here (without an LG20) but whatever combination I tried worked.

About production formats & profiles...

You're right - the profiles as they're list start at the lower end & work to the top.

If you look at an AVC H.264 MPEG-4 profile, it'll state something like "MPEG-4 1920 x 1080/30p (16Mbps)".

1. MPEG-4 is the wrapper

2. 1920 x 1080 is the video resolution (frame size)

3. 30 is the framerate & the "p" is for progressive

4. 16Mbps is the (average) video bitrate, an indicator of quality.

It's a complicated thing, but the rule of thumb is to always produce to about the same quality (properties) as your input material. If you're using a mixture of (say) UHD clips at 60Mbps & HD clips at 28Mbps, it's probably best to produce to the lower quality - 1920 x 1080 @ 28Mbps.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Andrew -

Motion Tracker can track an object, but it cannot control the position of the subject on the screen.

The only way I know to do that is by using Crop & Zoom, a completely separate tool. The question has been asked before, so I can point you to this raw screen capture...

Hope it helps.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Alisdair -

If you've had a chance to play with Split Toning in CDR, you'll have found how easy it is to generate a variety of "Duotone" effects.

Once the preset is applied, clips can be further modified in PDR's Fix/Enhance.

Here are a few other Split Toning presets on DZ.

Yellow/Red - 2 tone Blue - 2 tone Red - 2 tone Green

Cheers - Tony
Hi Arabella -

You're right - it doesn't appear in the timeline.

All you need to do (to remove the mask) is:

1. Select the clip you had originally masked

2. Go to Designer > Mask Designer (just like you did before)

3. Click on the blue X

Done (or undone).

Cheers - Tony
Hi Tonyja -

Yes - that's right. You're good to go.

Your installation would look pretty much like everyone else running 64-bit Windows.

Cheers - Tony
Simon -

Here's one thread where this was discussed previously. There's a link to a little tutorial, showing what Longedge & The Shadowman have suggested.

Using black colour boards is fine, but I've found inconsistencies when trying to save as a template... so using an acyual black rectangle graphic is my preference.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Simon -

Here are two transitions. One is Vertical Open & the other is Vertical Close.

If you drop the Vertical Open at the start of a clip (prefix) it will give you something like what you want... opening vertically from the centre.

If you want something a bit more stark, with hard edges, these PiP Objects might do the job.

BlackBars Open 1 - BlackBars Open 2 - BlackBars Close 1 - BlackBars Close 2

Cheers - Tony
Hi A_J_123 -

As far as I know, there's no "Duotone" effect built into PDR. There's one called "Half Tone", which creates a spotty image with two colours.

If you have ColorDirector, you can easily generate the effect using Split Toning. Here's one I just made as a preset. That can be downloaded & installed in PDR. You'll find it under Fix/Enhance > Color Presets.

Duotone effects are also available in Pixelan's Film Touch 2 Pro, which you can purchase as a separate plug-in for PDR.

Sorry my suggestions can only offer solutions outside PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Hi 1stcall, Steve & Robert -

I can find no reference to "100 free music tracks" on the Cyblerlink site. Conversely, I can find no reference to PowerDirector on the VideoMaker site Robert linked, nor on the Sountraxx site.

The "100 free music tracks" linked at VideoMaker is actually $35 laughing (sorta free).

Maybe there was some confusion during purchase.

Cheers - Tony
I agree with Fayfen. Contact Pixelan support. There's a link on this page. I've found Pixelan Support to be very good.

So far, I can't work out whether it's installed and functioning. Is it?

Dissolve Master actually runs as a standalone, but can only be accessed from within PDR (or other software).

Cheers - Tony
Quote Perhaps it is down to the fact that I have got sausages for fingers.

Longedge -

For a chap who has "sausages for fingers", everything else seems to be functioning well! Nice furniture analogy about capturing

Cheers - Tony
Hi Cubs27 -

If you're referring to photos/images, you can just select them all the click Duration to change them all.

If you mean video clips, do you mean trimming them all to a certain duration or changing video speed? Either way, each clip would need to be done separately... as far as I know.

Cheers - Tony
Hi MaddogHutty -

I bought my Pixelan "Ultra Bundle" in 2013, for PDR12 (I think), so this may not be relevant. I've certainly never had trouble installing them - Dissolve Master & the others.

What, if any, alert messages are you getting?

Does the Pixelan tab appear in the Transitions library?

Is this folder present? C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\Plugin\Pixelan

Did you restart your PC after installation?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Pete -

There are far more elegant ways to do this using Displacement filters in Photoshop (& other software), given that you want to customise the flag for your club, but I just turned

this still image... into this animated gif... in about 3 minutes flat

here

Personally, I wouldn't do it that way but it's a simple solution.

I'm sure this has been raised before, but can't put my finger on it.

Cheers - Tony
FishNeedsColors has covered the 32-bit/64-bit question so - no - you don't need to install the 32-bit versions of Vitascene & Adorage.

You'll find the proDAD Adorage Filter in the FX library - that gives you an expandable ($$$) library of effects.

The Adorage Transition (in the Transitions library) gives you an expandable ($$$) library of transitions.

To be frank, I couldn't tell you where to look for Vitascene. embarassed

So - they're effects & transitions.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Fayfen -

It's true that in older versions of Movie Maker transitions could be customised. It's not true of current versions.

In PDR, you cannot save transition settings. As Robert suggested, you can create your own alpha transitions... and they will stay as you made them and are also able to be further customised.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: