Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Import Video from Facebook
Expat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2017 08:43 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Is it possible to directly, or indirectly, import a video from Facebook?

Thanks,

Andy
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Thanks,

Andy

Isn't that a question for facebook? I looked and there are several guides to get a video download.

, .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
BikerTom [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 19, 2014 00:51 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi,

Thanks,

Andy

Isn't that a question for facebook? I looked and there are several guides to get a video download.

I'm not sure it's FB. In the past, you upload and edit your video and then when you produce it through Powerdirector (its one of the available options). Now, you go through the process and it tells you your video is uploaded to FB (powerdirector tells you) but then when you go to FB to view it, you get an error in FB. Its like it doesn't recognize what Powerdirector is giving it like it did before. In May, I submitted the issue to support and went through the process and was told they would let me know. I haven't heard anything since. I don't know why but I will say I'm not very pleased with customer support in regards to this matter. If it's no longer an option then maybe it shouldn't be one of the choice on the powerdirector program. If anyone else is having this problem please let me know. Or if they know how to fix it.

The only way you can post a video now is if you produce it to Youtube then upload it. Something I'd rather not do because sometime my videos are only conducive to FB friends or groups. Not the entire world to view. The other way is to save the file on your desktop and upload it but I also found that problematic. But that's something different.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
You can produce it to YouTube and mark it "private". No one will see it unless you give them the link.

Your first question has nothing to do with uploading a video. You asked if it was possible to IMPORT a video from facebook.

You want to ask again with more clarification? .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Jets2011
Senior Contributor Location: Canada Joined: Sep 29, 2006 05:26 Messages: 760 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tom,

I just tested this with the latest version of PowerDirector 15 and had no trouble uploading a video to Facebook. So make sure you have the latest patch version installed, as the Facebook API changes from time to time.

Also, after upload, I clicked on the link you mentioned and I did receive an error message page. But it was because the video was not processed by FB yet. After a minute or so (depending on the file size) it renderred and then works.

To the original poster Andy.

You can download your own videos from Facebook, but I don't think there is any way to download other people's video from Facebook. PowerDirector definitely does not have a capture from Facebook feature.

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 29. 2017 05:43

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Andy -

I'm not encouraging any kind of naughty behaviour, but (with the right software) you can easily download videos from social media sites, including FaceBook.

There are lots of apps that will do it, but my preference is 4K Video Downloader which allows you to download in the original (uploaded) resolution.

To get the video URL, just right click on it. Just like this one.

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 29. 2017 08:13

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Andy -

I'm not encouraging any kind of naughty behaviour, but (with the right software) you can easily download videos from social media sites, including FaceBook.

There are lots of apps that will do it, but my preference is 4K Video Downloader which allows you to download in the original (uploaded) resolution.

To get the video URL, just right click on it. Just like this one.

Cheers - Tony

That solution works and you can obtain the full original resolution if desired instead of the reduced resolution file you get from the facebook page using a hack.