Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Cursor Problem While Recording the Screen in Photoshop
Ivan2504 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Dec 17, 2016 16:35 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everybody,

I have a huge problem and I need your help. I wanted to record my screen while working in Photoshop, so I bought PowerDirector 15. However, the final video is not showing the cursor as it loks in Photoshop. Photoshop has various tools, and while using them, the cursor takes the shape and size of the tool. HOwever, the final video grabbed by PowerDirector always looks like a regular arrow

I hope I can fix this, because otherwise I bought PowerDirector for nothing.

Ivan
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Ivan -

I'm afraid it is what it is. Screen Recorder does not capture the actual "tools" as you see them in Photoshop.

Other screen recorders will do the job, like Camtasia, but they may cost you $$$. CL Screen Recorder is provided free with PDR. The partial screenshots below show Camtasia's recording of the Pen tool in Ps, beside CL Screen Recorder's.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Ivan2504 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: California Joined: Dec 17, 2016 16:35 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Ivan -

I'm afraid it is what it is. Screen Recorder does not capture the actual "tools" as you see them in Photoshop.

Other screen recorders will do the job, like Camtasia, but they may cost you $$$. CL Screen Recorder is provided free with PDR. The partial screenshots below show Camtasia's recording of the Pen tool in Ps, beside CL Screen Recorder's.

Cheers - Tony

Well, I thought the main purpose of the screen recorder is to record what's actually on the screen. CyberLink has another software called YouCam that records properly these tools in Photoshop. However, it's not very convenient since it's only able to record a bunch of clips which I have to stich together later in another software. I wanted to avoid double work and work directly in PowerDirector. I would never think that the software is not capable of recording what's actually on the screen. I would not buy it if I knew about this.