Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to copy video adjustment settings to all or some clips in PowerDirector?
Vlad8 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 24, 2017 02:35 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I have a video sequence of many clips, then I adjust colors/lights settings of one clip in fix/enhance or ColorDirector. Then I want to copy this adjustments to all or some other clips. How can I do it? Is there some adjustment layer available like in adobe Premiere?
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

If you are doing all the adjustments in ColorDirector, you can just save those adjustments as a new preset. Just click on the create button when done adjusting that clip.

Then when you import the next clip into ColorDirector, just apply that saved preset.

PowerDirector doesn't have this feature, it just has the apply to all clips on the same track.

David
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Vlad8 -

Here's a visual version of what David's suggestion...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
this is a question:

if you create a preset in ColorDirector, you can save it and install it (double-click)

and then you can use it also in Powerdiretor.

So there is no need to switch between PD and CD to adjust the other clips

is that so ?
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote is that so ?

Yes - a preset created in CDR will show up in your PDR Color Presets whether you're round tripping or using CDR as a standalone.

So - you only need to use CDR to create the preset. After that, it can be applied to multiple clips in PDR.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!