Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Create editable text in menu designer
MileHighSilat [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 30, 2017 15:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
I have created a new menu template in menu designer but do not see how to add an additional text field that can be edited when the template is applied. The "My Videos" text box can be edited. I am adding a second text field that will be chaned to the event date whenever a disc is created. I can apply the new template to a project by only the "My Videos" text box can be changed. My new text box cannot.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MileHighStat -

Just click on the Insert Title button then click where you want to put it.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MileHighSilat [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi MileHighStat -

Just click on the Insert Title button then click where you want to put it.

Cheers - Tony

That only works for setting the text in the template itself. I wanted to add the text box there but then edit the text after applying that template to a project. This way I can reuse that same template for multiple projects but change the date of the event each time.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Oh I see -

In that case - before applying the menu template to a new project - just select "Modify", add/change the text, save it then apply it to the new project.

So you essentially have a basic template that you slightly modify each time.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MileHighSilat [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Oh I see -

In that case - before applying the menu template to a new project - just select "Modify", add/change the text, save it then apply it to the new project.

So you essentially have a basic template that you slightly modify each time.

Cheers - Tony

That is what it was looking like I'd have to do and how I solved it for this project. Thanks!