Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just got an error, PowerDirector will not open now.
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Hi guys,

I edited two videos on Saturday. PDR has been working fine. Just now I wanted to run PDR and edit another video and I got an error. It will no longer open PDR.

What can I do besides "run the installation" all over again?

Thanks!

Error ~Tom~
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Tom -

Strange error given that it's been running fine.

I don't know if it would help to replace that Magic Tools.dll, in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15, but I've attached one. Worth a shot (in the dark)?

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
MagicTools.dll
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
690 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
328 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Kmot
Contributor Location: Northridge, CA Joined: Apr 18, 2012 01:45 Messages: 432 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi Tom -

Strange error given that it's been running fine.

I don't know if it would help to replace that Magic Tools.dll, in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15, but I've attached one. Worth a shot (in the dark)?

Cheers - Tony

Hi Tony,

Thank you very much. I will give it a try and report back. ~Tom~
Kmot
[Post New]
Quick, before I try installing your file, look what I just saw! The Magic file is dated the exact time I tried to open PDR! And it has 0 kilobytes.

PDR Folder ~Tom~
Kmot
[Post New]
Tony, your file worked!! sealed

Thanks again!! laughing

Cheers, Tom ~Tom~
DeborahAnn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 08, 2017 06:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks so much for posting this. I had the same issue with a brand new installation (in the middle of a deadline). I wrote to CL tech support and, if I get a response, I'll post it here. In the mean time, the .dll attached by Mr. PDtoots is working...though I'm a bit nervous about it. Ya know? (Did you have any further issues after replacing the file?)
Kmot
[Post New]
Quote Thanks so much for posting this. I had the same issue with a brand new installation (in the middle of a deadline). I wrote to CL tech support and, if I get a response, I'll post it here. In the mean time, the .dll attached by Mr. PDtoots is working...though I'm a bit nervous about it. Ya know? (Did you have any further issues after replacing the file?)

Deborah Ann, no I did not have any other issues. Mine is working as it always had before. It is a very strange glitch and very interesting to learn another use had the same thing happen!