Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
problem with downloading sound clips
djderby555 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2017 10:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

Please can you help. I have just purchased Powerdirect 15 and have been unable to download the free sound clips from the directorZone. It downloads to my computer but when I try to open the file it comes up with an error saying "This software can only run on a ASUS system". What am I doing wrong??
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hi there,

Please can you help. I have just purchased Powerdirect 15 and have been unable to download the free sound clips from the directorZone. It downloads to my computer but when I try to open the file it comes up with an error saying "This software can only run on a ASUS system". What am I doing wrong??

Hi

Have you tried downloading the clips to AudioDirector? You may find they will work better there. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi djderby555 -

I've never seen an error message like that!

Once you've downloaded the .dza file, you should be able to double click to open it with Effect Extractor (or right click > Open with > Effect Extractor). It should then be available in PDR & ADR under "Downloaded".

""

Check in your Apps Defaults - Choose default apps by file type, to make sure .dza files are associated with Effect Extractor.

Please post a screenshot of what happens when you download then double click the attached file.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
BleepZap Combo 4.dza
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
216 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
121 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
djderby555 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 14, 2017 10:17 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I dont have a effect extractor as an option!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try this: You can right mouse click on the .dza file and choose Open with…/Search through windows/Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files\EffectsExtractor.exe.

You should then be able to install any .dza files by double clicking on them.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]

1. If Effect Exractor is not present in the folder tomasc named, PDR has not been installed correctly. That would need a re-install. C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Shared files

2. Definitely fix the file associations in Settings > Apps Defaults - Choose default apps by file type

So - what happened when you double clicked that attached .dza file? You didn't say.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!