Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Jeam -

It's quite impossible to burn a DVD without losing quality, unless your original MP4 is standard definition (not HD) or you burn an AVCHD DVD (which requires a BR player).

If your souce MP4 is 1920x1080, you'd be able to burn a BR disc without sacrificing too much.

I rarely burn discs, preferring to play the videos directly to my 4K TV or monitor, via USB stick or external hard drive.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Nigel -

I think you're running into trouble trying to combine masking with adjustment presets in CDR, if I've understood what you and Robert have been discussing.

Have you considered using a simple overlay in a higher numbered track? I've made a few (5) attached in the ZIP file. They range in transparency.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Guys -

I know we've kind of drifted away from the original question but...

From what I've seen here, & based on others' posts, the image fade issue in PDR15 seems to have been introduced with 2820 yell then corrected with the 3125 beta patch.

On PC1 - 3125 build (listed above) there is no problem with fading images in Title Designer. The same applies to PC3 - 2509 build, but...

On PC2 - 2820 build:

1. Title Designer doesn't retain applied fades on images

2. When one returns to TD to edit, the image is present but doesn't appear in the timeline (shown below)

Cheers - Tony
Hi seodoa & BVR -

For a moment there, I thought we had a return to a "bug" that plagued PDR10 & PDR11... but this is not the same thing.

To me, this is normal behaviour for a centred title. It's because Title Designer is wanting to centre the text on the screen & within the text box... but the text is being changed.

Try this:

1. Create a centred title with the text "This dance is thought to represent Susano'o" (as you showed in your capture)

2. In the main timeline copy the title & paste it further along

3. Go to modify the pasted title in Title Designer

4. Select the text (as you showed in your capture)

5. Type the exact same text as before "This dance is thought to represent Susano'o"

6. The title returns to its central position

A similar thing happens if the text is left justified.

I'm happy to be shown that this is not normal behaviour.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Mark & tomasc -

This is a bit of a side note, really. I have PDR15 installed on 3 PCs &, even though they're all installed as 64-bit in Program Files, the About screens are different (different builds).

1. PC1 - PDR 15.0.3125.0 - no 64-bit notation

2. PC2 - PDR 15.0.2026.0 - yes 64-bit notation

3. PC3 - PDR 15.0.2509.0 - no 64-bit notation

Just now, after updating PC2 with the most recent official patch - 2820 - the 64-bit notation isn't present in the About screen. So - it seems to be build-specific.

I understand that doesn't assist with Mark's problem.

Cheers - Tony
Hi immortal -

I never upload 640x480 videos to YouTube... except just now. They're neither mirrored or flipped.

This one is uploaded manually. This one was uloaded through PDR's YouTube uploader. Both are using standard profiles.

If you want your video to look half decent, you should use at least 720p (unless you source material is low res).

Cheers - Tony
Screen capture showing the steps above:

Cheers - Tony
Sorry - I've tried all sorts of things to replicate the issue here, but failed. That's why I'm unable to point to any possible cause.

Being a non-tech, when my PDR acts up like that I go "nuclear" (full uninstall/re-install).

Cheers - Tony
Hi merlin777777 -

Quote: As I only need one page with the 6 thumbnails, is that the titles/chapters page? When I choose a template to start with the little modify/apply window pops up but it shows the root menu - which is highlighted - and the titles/chapters page even though I have deselcted 'include root menu'. It won't allow me to select the titles/chapters page. I only want a titles page - how do I get rid of the root menu and chapters page?

You are right to deselect "Include Root Menu". Probably the simplest way to do what you're after is to:

1. import your video titles directly into the Create Disc module

2. Select an appropriate menu (with 6 buttons) - like this one - & apply it to all pages

3. Uncheck "Include Root Menu"

4. Set the playback mode e.g. Play the selected title only

Quote: Lastly, when I save my finished template, will it automatically appear in PP6 so I can import video and burn the
bluray?

No - that doesn't always happen. Here, only a small number of my custom menus appear in the PP6 Menu options. What you can do, convoluted as it may seem, is upload your custom menu to DZ, then download it from PP6.

Question: Why bother with PP6 when you can create your disc in PDR15?

Cheers - Tony
Hi mjorg -

The same (or very similar) issue was discussed here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/63360.page

I don't have an answer as to why it might be hapening, but it's not consistent across all users.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Spies12345 -

If you just select the transition(s) - click Modify - & change them to Cross instead of Overlap, that should fix it.

If the audio remains out of sync, rebuild it with your default transition type set to Cross.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Tritty -

In Title Designer, there are separate Object Settings for the text & the image. Enable Fade is only available for the image.

It sounds like you're doing everything correctly, but PDR15 isn't responding as it should. You definitely should be able to set the fades for your image & expect them to stay "stuck", even if you go back to re-edit.

Without having the technical expertise to determine what is causing that issue with your PDR, I'd give the whole thing a complete uninstall & re-install.

Cheers - Tony
Would it be possible for you to pack your project, zip it & upload it to a shared file sitem like Google Drive?

That way a proper assessment could be made.

Here's a short example project, set up in a similar way to what you're after. See what it does in your PDR15.

Cheers - Tony
Switch Tracks 1 & 2 & see if that makes a difference.

I understand now, the MOV file is showing on top only because you've selected it to go to PiP Designer.

Cheers - Tony
Yes - you're right. Both videos should play in the PiP Designer preview.

The screenshots confuse me a bit. DSC_1855.MOV is in Track 1 & Mystery Girl is in Track 2, yet DSC_1855 is overlaying the other video. Maybe there's something else I can't see.

What happens if you replicate that same timeline setup, resizing the MOV file in the main timeline preview window, then go to PiP Designer without adding any keyframes?

Cheers - Tony
Hi GHSRock65 -

Do you mean it's not showing in the PiP Designer preview or in the main timeline preview?

Could you post some screenshots that show the issue? or maybe upload the PiP Object template to DirectorZone so members can check it out?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Tritty -

It would be helpful if you could post a screenshot of your Title Designer screen, with your image selected.

As a test, try installing the attached title template, which has an image fading in & out. Do the settings for the image look like yours? Does it behave properly in your PDR/Title Designer?

Cheers - Tony
Hi Angela -

I've never used the Deluxe version, so I can't speak from experience. Nor can I find any side-by-side comparison table.

The way I understand it from these tables you probably wouldn't see much performance difference. The differences in the versions are more about features and effects. The Deluxe version is a "simplified" model, so it has less bells & whistles but still functions the same way.

Others with more knowledge of the Deluxe version may have a different view.

Cheers - Tony
Oh I see -

In that case - before applying the menu template to a new project - just select "Modify", add/change the text, save it then apply it to the new project.

So you essentially have a basic template that you slightly modify each time.

Cheers - Tony
Hi nogero -

When you clcik on "Free Templates" in Title Designer, you are linked to DirectorZone. DZ is a site where users, like you & me, share their templates FOR FREE.

Even though the site is funded partly by advertising, none of the uploaded templates are for sale.

If you find a "creator" you like, & click on their avatar, you'll be able to select multiple templates by that user to download at once. That's the only way I know you can download multiple templates in one shot.

Cheers - Tony
Hi MileHighStat -

Just click on the Insert Title button then click where you want to put it.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: