Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Cartof -

There are often difficulties with how video resolutions/profiles are named or referred to. e.g. there'll be people reading this who will dispute the following:

• 2560x1440 is more like 2.5K, but is usually referred to as 1440p.

• "2K" is 2048px wide (in PDR it's 2048x1080 & available as a standard profile)

No version of PDR, to my knowledge, has had a standard 2560x1440 profile available for production. Users have needed to create their own profile. It's discussed in this thread. It wouldn't matter which version you're using, the process is basically the same.

Cheers - Tony
Hi browniee112 -

The webinar you were watching is this one.

In the demonstration, at ~3:25, Craig goes to Titles > Travel Pack v.6. Do you have that pack installed? (I don't) Does it appear in the Title room? I don't believe it's a standard inclusion with PDR16, but you can purchase it.

It wouldn't be too hard to create that title without having Travel Pack v.6, as long as you were happy with an unanimated camera image.

The font he used is called Gloss & Bloom. It's a freebie.

Cheers - Tony
[Edit: almost duplicate response of Robert's above]

Hi RANDY PLUM -

If the two (already produced) slideshows are 16:9, and you want to combine them in split screen, you only have a few choices:

put up with only seeing part of each one using masking

insert one slideshow as a PiP

resize both slideshows overlaid on a background image/video

use video collage designer (similar to first option but with animation)

Just some possibilities...

Cheers - Tony
Hi Milebo -

I've never used that export profile, because I don't have any camera that records 4:3 video at that resolution. Some cameras do, like GoPro Hero 6 Black (mine's a 5) & some cameras shoot stills at 4096x3072.

So - it would be a useful profile if you had original material (videos or photos) in that resolution.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Liz -

I guess my question about .avi was a pretty silly one.

AVIs won't import into iTunes - nor will quite a few other PDR production options. If you'd like to use iTunes to change your thumbnails, you'll need to produce to a compatible format.

H.264 AVC > MP4 or XAVCS > MP4 will be fine.

Cheers - Tony
That I can confirm!

With duration set at 2 seconds, there's a 1 frame abberation during the ending fade. It's like it's trying to use the "Unite" effect applied to the start.

Oh well - since Motion Blur has just about zero impact in that case, just leave it out.

Cheers - Tony
Longedge - what a guy - not only admits his error but does it IN ALL CAPS! laughing

Hi LizD -

Longedge & tomasc are onto it. The thumbnail generated in PDR's media library is not the same as the one generated in Windows. If you look at the attached screenshot, you'll see:

1. the thumbnail generated in PDR

2. the thumbnail displayed in Windows

3. the thumbnail I wanted to apply (& now have using the method below)

There are applications that can change the thumbnail to whatever you wish, just as you can do on YouTube videos.

My go to app for this is iTunes. It's easy to do & it sticks. Here's how to do it in iTunes...

By the way, how did you create an .avi file in PDR16???

Cheers - Tony
Hi JamalG -

I can't see the issue either. Take a look at this packed project & to see whether it previews properly on your PC.

The project has 3 titles, based on your instructions:

1. Unite - Fade with no Motion Blur

2. Unite - Fade with default values Motion Blur

3. Unite - Fade with maximum values Motion Blur

I can't see that using Motion Blur makes any visual difference anyway. A produced file is packed too.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Javerne -

You guys are way ahead of me. I saw Hatti's suggestion and thought I'd refresh my use of Route Generator... and by the time I got this example video posted, you've already nailed it.

If you start with a high res map, and produce to a higher resolution profile (say 4K-8K) it allows you to zoom - with Crop & Zoom - in on your route then produce to 1080p.

Cheers - Tony
Hi browniee112 -

Travel Pack 5 may have been included as part of your original purchase, or it could have been bought separately. Either way, you won't be able to download Travel Pack 5 effects from DZ. It's just a series of templates - titles, particles, PiP objects & express projects - and completely unnecessary for PDR to function properly.

https://www.cyberlink.com/products/creative-design-packs/travelpack-5_en_US.html

Cheers - Tony
Quote: the free version is lacking the most simple stuff that even cheap consumer software has. the free version has tons of missing effects and you can't even edit 4k video in the free version.

I know it's completely irrelevant to the core content of this thread, but that's not correct, if you're referring to DaVinci Resolve 15.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Kirk -

I have to admit to being a bit confused by your explanations, but I think the inclusion of transitions (especially if they're overlap type) might be contributing to your issue.

Here, I have a timelapse sequence in the timeline (with no end sequence & no transitions):

There are 1380 photos, set to 00:00:00:01 (1 frame) in a 30fps project.
1380 frames ÷ 30 = 46, so the timelapse sequence is 46 seconds in duration.

The timeline, with audio bed, plays back correctly & the produced file - MP4 1920x1080/30p @ 10Mbps is correct too. Duration is 00:00:46:00.

The timelapse consists of a little over 1400 stills, :02 transition, :05 still that includes an :02 fade to black.

Does that mean you have transitions between each of the ~1440 photos? A timelapse would typically have no transitions.

Cheers - Tony

P.S. for Jeff - the timelapse is the planting of CP's garden ♥
Hi Toney -

My first thought with that is to use either a 9:16 or freeform AR in Motion Designer. If it's a 16:9 project, that would leave a blank/black space, which could be filled with a blurred similar image.

Maybe this packed project will explain it - or prompt a better idea.

Cheers - Tony
G'day Count Zero -

There probably are ways to create that negative look in PDR. I took the easy way out: sent a clip to ColorDirector & inverted the RGB curve.

I made it a preset, so you can download it & use it in PDR. Just go to Fix/Enhance > Color Presets & download it.

About masks: you can make a mask from any image you want & import it into Mask Designer.

Cheers - Tony
One of these might resolve the issue for you.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Chris -

I'm no Digital Juice expert. In fact, my view is that it's not all it's cracked up to be. Repeated site & download errors make it a bit of a pain to use. That's my experience anyway. Those issues are best posted in the DJ forums (& I have). Using Google Chrome is the best option for DJ.

Your question is specifically which DJ effects will work in PDR.

In the DJ Store, when you select an effect and press "Download" there are usually some different download options. If it says MP4, QuickTime PNG with embedded alpha or other common formats, it'll probably work as expected in PDR. There are way too many options to list everything here. You need to do your own trial & error.

If it's an Ae, FCP or Apple Motion project or something designed for other software, it will NOT be able to function in PDR as shown in the DJ preview... but you may be able to use the included media (videos, graphics & audio) to structure your own affect.

About the particular effects you've mentioned: Delete "Dazzle Distractions" - it won't even run in Ae without a third party plugin ($$). "Global Imperative" is just an SD video, so you can use it as you wish in PDR.

I know that's not really a definitive answer, but it would take weeks of investigation to structure one!

Cheers - Tony
Hi Chris -

Is this the thing you've downloaded? If so, it's an AfterEffects template... so that would explain it.

Once you unzip, what is contained in the folder? I'd assume some media & an Ae project file - .aep

Cheers - Tony
Hi Alan -

I'm only able to check back to PDR14 & I can't recall what earlier versions displayed, but...

In PDR 16, 15 & 14 the filnename extension is displayed in the media library but not in the timeline (even when you hover over a clip or image).

Cheers - Tony
Hi The Old Guy -

So you prepared your PP presentation, then ran it full screen whilst recording it with Screen Recorder? Then you imported the screen capture into PowerDirector & the are selection handles/lines around objects in your presentation?

Firstly, that shouldn't happen when you're running your PP presentation. Selection handles & boxes should only show up while you're in editing mode in PP.

Could you post a screenshot from the screen capture showing the particular issue?

Cheers - Tony
Hi zombietom & Ray Mc -

Do I understand it properly that you're both having the same issue with "Amazon Prime" - i.e. videos produced in PDR are disallowed because the site interprets the frame rate as variable???

I'm still wading through the excellent links posted above by PDModerator that illustrate the issues with MediaInfo & other software misinterpreting frame rate data. That "increasingly complex" link left me feeling increasingly simple!

I had intended to test your issue by uploading a series of videos to Amazon Prime but the complexities might be beyond me, given the info provided in those links embarassed

Cheers - Tony
Oh - forgot to mention...

Your T3i clips will probably have narrow black bars on each side in preview. That's because the actual resolution is 1920x1088.

If that doesn't bother you, OK. If it does, just resize the clips before producing (it'll cut off the very top & bottom).

Cheers - Tony
Go to: