Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Timeline clip filename extension
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
I seem to be looking (by habit) for something I cannot see.

I seem convinced that the filename of a clip on the timeline used to show the extension as well, but its not there!

Am I wrong? Was it there? Have I inadvertently turned it off? Can it be displayed? Have CL removed it recently?

I cannot think of any other reason I am missing it - I seem to think it used to be there. I know I can view Properties to see it, and its displayed in the Library but its not always clear which thumbnail is a jpg or mp4 or mts.

All help appreciated.

Thanks

Alan.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Alan -

I'm only able to check back to PDR14 & I can't recall what earlier versions displayed, but...

In PDR 16, 15 & 14 the filnename extension is displayed in the media library but not in the timeline (even when you hover over a clip or image).

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote but not in the timeline (even when you hover over a clip or image).

A feature of PD12 and newer.

Jeff
[Thumb - PD11_timeline_ext.png]
 Filename
PD11_timeline_ext.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
199 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
6 time(s)
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Never noticed that! I'm same as Tony with my PDR15 - no filename extension.
AlanR47
Senior Member Location: Norfolk UK Joined: Dec 08, 2017 05:01 Messages: 151 Offline
[Post New]
Ok - thanks all for your inputs - must have dreamt it or confused with different software

but thanks anyway it at least clarifies my questions.