Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
2 questions pls: bw negative effect - garbage mat
Count Zero [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2018 03:57 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
2 questions please.

1. Is there any way to create a black and white negative effect in powerdirector? Like all white space is black and black space is white?

2. Is there a plug in or another way to custome mask out areas in a chromakey? I know you can select various shape like squares etc. but i need to be able to key out stands for miniture model props, not just putting an oval over the entire thing. I believe the term is garbage mat.

Thank you!

Atx 1060 card, i-7 CPU 8 gigs ram.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
G'day Count Zero -

There probably are ways to create that negative look in PDR. I took the easy way out: sent a clip to ColorDirector & inverted the RGB curve.

I made it a preset, so you can download it & use it in PDR. Just go to Fix/Enhance > Color Presets & download it.

About masks: you can make a mask from any image you want & import it into Mask Designer.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Count Zero [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 29, 2018 03:57 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote G'day Count Zero -

There probably are ways to create that negative look in PDR. I took the easy way out: sent a clip to ColorDirector & inverted the RGB curve.

I made it a preset, so you can download it & use it in PDR. Just go to Fix/Enhance > Color Presets & download it.

About masks: you can make a mask from any image you want & import it into Mask Designer.

Cheers - Tony

THANK YOU!

Looks like I will have to break down and fork out the $$ for color director as I found it will motion mask as well. As for now I will dl your preset and custome mask in key frames. thanks again for the dl link. I will check it out as soon as I get in front of my rig.