Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Making an Intro with Logo animated Revealer
Chris925 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2017 12:59 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
Hello. I am trying to learn how to make an intro to use for my business Facebook videos. Just a 5 second long intro. When I download a Logo Animated Revealer from digital juice called "Dazzle Distraction" - I download it to my Desktop, then Unzip it, and then Import it into the library. After unzipping it it separates into 2 pieces and when I drag them onto my Timeline in PD16 they wont play. They look like 2 gifs and I dont understand why it wont play like it does when looking at the Digital Juice Download area.

Thank you to anyone who can take the time to respond and help me.

Chris
Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Basically I cannot get the Logo Revealer to drop on my Timeline so I can work with it.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris -

Is this the thing you've downloaded? If so, it's an AfterEffects template... so that would explain it.

Once you unzip, what is contained in the folder? I'd assume some media & an Ae project file - .aep

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
YES that's it! I wanted to use that for a video intro with my own text over it. But when I download that, after unzipping it and placing in my PD Library it splits into multiple things and wont play like it did originally, like in the link you sent.

Can you tell me what section, or what do I search for on digital juice, to use for an intro. Just need a 5 second animation that I can add my own text to. I'd really like to learn how to use the News section of digital juice. Id like to add news music like Walter Cronkite news alert to use for my business Facebook page to alert my customers of new stuff. But when I try to use the news intros they do the same thing as the one I was asking about. After unzipping and putting in my PD Library it splits into multiple things and if I place them on my Timeline they wont play like the original. Im lost please help me.

Thank you
Chris

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22. 2018 09:15

Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
There is one called "Global Imperative" that would be cool to add news alert music to and my own text but I can't get it downloaded and loaded into my LIbrary where I can work with it.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 22. 2018 09:21

Chris925 [Avatar]
[Post New]
And if it says "Apple Motion Project" is that only compatable with Apple MacBooks? Cuz I dont use one.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Chris -

I'm no Digital Juice expert. In fact, my view is that it's not all it's cracked up to be. Repeated site & download errors make it a bit of a pain to use. That's my experience anyway. Those issues are best posted in the DJ forums (& I have). Using Google Chrome is the best option for DJ.

Your question is specifically which DJ effects will work in PDR.

In the DJ Store, when you select an effect and press "Download" there are usually some different download options. If it says MP4, QuickTime PNG with embedded alpha or other common formats, it'll probably work as expected in PDR. There are way too many options to list everything here. You need to do your own trial & error.

If it's an Ae, FCP or Apple Motion project or something designed for other software, it will NOT be able to function in PDR as shown in the DJ preview... but you may be able to use the included media (videos, graphics & audio) to structure your own affect.

About the particular effects you've mentioned: Delete "Dazzle Distractions" - it won't even run in Ae without a third party plugin ($$). "Global Imperative" is just an SD video, so you can use it as you wish in PDR.

I know that's not really a definitive answer, but it would take weeks of investigation to structure one!

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 22. 2018 14:32

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!