Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Titler Bug with the UNITE Effect?
[Post New]
Curious if anybody else has seen this or can re-create:

Problem: there's a bump/glitch in my title during the end effect when using the UNITE effect as the starting effect.

Steps:
Add a Title
Add UNITE as starting effect
Add FADE as the ending effect
Click option for Motion Blur

Preview or Render and see if there is a one frame "UNITE" glitch near the end (ie during the FADE effect).

I've noticed this only appears when the Motion Blur option is checked.

Can anybody confirm, or is it maybe something on my end?

Thx.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 04. 2018 20:17

The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Curious if anybody else has seen this or can re-create:

Problem: there's a bump/glitch in my title during the end effect when using the UNITE effect as the starting effect.

Steps:
Add a Title
Add UNITE as starting effect
Add FADE as the ending effect
Click option for Motion Blur

Preview or Render and see if there is a one frame "UNITE" glitch near the end (ie during the FADE effect).

I've noticed this only appears when the Motion Blur option is checked.

Can anybody confirm, or is it maybe something on my end?

Thx.

Sorry, but it works perfectly well for me.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi JamalG -

I can't see the issue either. Take a look at this packed project & to see whether it previews properly on your PC.

The project has 3 titles, based on your instructions:

1. Unite - Fade with no Motion Blur

2. Unite - Fade with default values Motion Blur

3. Unite - Fade with maximum values Motion Blur

I can't see that using Motion Blur makes any visual difference anyway. A produced file is packed too.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi JamalG -

I can't see the issue either. Take a look at this packed project & to see whether it previews properly on your PC.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks for checking you guys.

I loaded that project and everything worked fine. So... I dug a bit deeper.

Now I think it also has to do with short clips and/or changing the duration. Here's what I did:

1) Opened your project
2) Did a "Set Duration" for each clip to 2 seconds

After that the 2nd and 3rd clip exhibit the glitch on first frame of the ending effect.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
That I can confirm!

With duration set at 2 seconds, there's a 1 frame abberation during the ending fade. It's like it's trying to use the "Unite" effect applied to the start.

Oh well - since Motion Blur has just about zero impact in that case, just leave it out.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Or, if you really want 2 seconds, change the ending fade duration from 6 frames to like 10 frames and you should be ok, no frame abberation. Appears like one needs some minimal finite length for the effect to be transitioned over correctly. 6, 7, 8, 9 frames can yield different but sporatic results, above that, appears stable I think.

Jeff