Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Split Screen Slideshow
RANDY PLUM [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 07, 2018 11:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hello Everyone,
Can you make a split screen slide show with powerdirector 16? I cand figure a way of doing it. I have two seperate slide shows I want to show together when I set it up after making them videos only part of the slides show.

Thanks in Advance for Your Help,
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Quote Hello Everyone,
Can you make a split screen slide show with powerdirector 16? I cand figure a way of doing it. I have two seperate slide shows I want to show together when I set it up after making them videos only part of the slides show.

Thanks in Advance for Your Help,

Hi Randy Plum

You need to produce both of your slideshows first.

Open a new project.

Load slidshow 1 in track one.
Load slideshow 2 in track two
Highlight and double click on Slideshow 1 to open the PIP Designer. Use the handles to move and place the slideshow where you want it to play. click OK.

Do the same with Slideshow 2. Once you have exited the PIP designer and click on play you should see both running where you placed them.

If the slideshows are of different length you will have to fill the void with something or it will be just black. You will not be able to have them running side by side because the two slidshows will be out of proportion and look very odd.

So, in a nutshell, you will only be able to have them running side by side at quarter screen. If by some remote chance you want them side by side at full screen, uncheck maintain aspect ratio in PIP Designer.

Even if you use the Collage Designer the slideshows will be heavily cropped.

I hope this helps

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2018 14:35

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
[Edit: almost duplicate response of Robert's above]

Hi RANDY PLUM -

If the two (already produced) slideshows are 16:9, and you want to combine them in split screen, you only have a few choices:

put up with only seeing part of each one using masking

insert one slideshow as a PiP

resize both slideshows overlaid on a background image/video

use video collage designer (similar to first option but with animation)

Just some possibilities...

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07. 2018 14:57

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!