Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
XAVCS 24fps at 50bps output?
[Post New]
I have a Sony recording Xavcs 24fps at 50bps, PD16 doesn't have that exact output option, what setting should I use to produce the movie?
PepsiMan
Senior Contributor Location: Clarksville, TN Joined: Dec 29, 2010 01:20 Messages: 1054 Offline
[Post New]
welcome to the forum.
follow this instructions from YnotFish Still no 2560x1440 support? modifying the Profile.ini.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out' 'no bridge too far'

Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm
Asrock TaiChi X470, AMD R7 2700X, W7P 64, MSI GTX1060 6GB, Corsair 16GB/RAM
Dell XPS L702X i7-2860QM, W7P / W10P 64, Intel HD3000/nVidia GT 550M 1GB, Micron 16GB/RAM
Samsung Galaxy Note3/NX1
[Post New]
Quote welcome to the forum.
follow this instructions from YnotFish Still no 2560x1440 support? modifying the Profile.ini.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

I'm sorry but I don't understand how to do that. Isn't there an easier option? My 5100 doesn't shoot 4k just 50bps HD
[Post New]

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

I don't understand how to do that. Isn't ther an easier option? My 5100 sdoesn't shoot 4k it shoots HD at 50bps
thanks
[Post New]

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

I can't find that on my computor? is there an easier option?

thanks
[Post New]

I don't understand how to do that. Isn't ther an easier option? My 5100 sdoesn't shoot 4k it shoots HD at 50bps
thanks

I love PD however my video looks better going in then after they come out
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi brianv7 -

You can probably customise a profile for your A5100 clips without needing to manually edit the Profile.ini

In the Produce module, have you tried clicking on Intelligent SVRT? Did PDR suggest a profile? It does here, with sample clips matching yours. If so, you can apply it.

If not, just select AVC H.264 > MP4 > 1920x1080/24p (16Mbps) then click the + button to reset the bitrate. See attached screenshot.

The App Data folder is hidden by default. You can change that in Control Panel. See attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Sony A5100 Profile.png]
 Filename
Sony A5100 Profile.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
348 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)
[Thumb - Hidden Folders.png]
 Filename
Hidden Folders.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
0 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote Hi brianv7 -

You can probably customise a profile for your A5100 clips without needing to manually edit the Profile.ini

In the Produce module, have you tried clicking on Intelligent SVRT? Did PDR suggest a profile? It does here, with sample clips matching yours. If so, you can apply it.

If not, just select AVC H.264 > MP4 > 1920x1080/24p (16Mbps) then click the + button to reset the bitrate. See attached screenshot.

The App Data folder is hidden by default. You can change that in Control Panel. See attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony

Thanks so much! SVRT did have a profile.

cheers
[Post New]

Thanks so much! SVRT did have a profile.

cheers

can I bother for one more thing?

If I combine clips from the Sony which is 50bps and a Canon T3i DLSR which is ?, then what output should I use?
My guess is 1920 x 1280 24p (16mps)?

thanks again
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi again -

No need to guess video properties. With the clip in PDR's library or timeline, right click to see properties. Even better, use MediaInfo to give you accurate information.

Typically, T3i clips would be ~45Mbps. If both lots of clips were recorded at 1920x1080 @ 24fps that's better. If the frame rate is different you may get some frame artefacts.

AVC H.264 MP4 1920x1080/24p (16Mbps) would give you a decent result, depending on your purposes. e.g. for YouTube/Vimeo that'd be fine. For home viewing, I'd bump up the bitrate closer to 40Mbps.

Cheers - Tony
ynotfish
[Post New]
Oh - forgot to mention...

Your T3i clips will probably have narrow black bars on each side in preview. That's because the actual resolution is 1920x1088.

If that doesn't bother you, OK. If it does, just resize the clips before producing (it'll cut off the very top & bottom).

Cheers - Tony
[Post New]
Quote Hi again -

No need to guess video properties. With the clip in PDR's library or timeline, right click to see properties. Even better, use MediaInfo to give you accurate information.

Typically, T3i clips would be ~45Mbps. If both lots of clips were recorded at 1920x1080 @ 24fps that's better. If the frame rate is different you may get some frame artefacts.

AVC H.264 MP4 1920x1080/24p (16Mbps) would give you a decent result, depending on your purposes. e.g. for YouTube/Vimeo that'd be fine. For home viewing, I'd bump up the bitrate closer to 40Mbps.

Cheers - Tony

thanks so much!
1. So If the t3i is 45 and the sony is 50 the highest I can go is 45? and I should expect that a 30-40 min movie will be many gigs of file? For online streaming or DVD would you suggest something lower?

2. ONE LAST QUESTION: I just pulled in a project with the T3i footage. I hit produce and hit the SVRT just for heck, I have 8 profiles but all in RED and can't choose one? What now?

sorry for all the silly questions I've been using PD for years and have an oppertunity to produce porduct for the market and need to step up my game. If I get just get this end of it I'll off and running. Thanks for all your help!!

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 15. 2018 00:16