Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
welcome back.
well, you're lucky all theses years. yep, you gotta away and got caught!

in order to edit smoothly, turn off HA in the preference.
get extra 8GB RAM(but it's old so just upgrading the RAM isn't worth spending your hard earned $$$.)
make sure to have 100GB SSD space for Virtual Memory so that PD13 can breathe...

program yourself that you gotta move on... time to get a replacement pc...

what is the best computer for video editing spec:

CPU - fastest, what you can afford without breaking the bank.
avoid intel cpus with single suffixes ix-xxxx U / M to name a few at all cost!(except 9th & 10th Gen)
also avoid AMD APU laptops.

if in doubt then check it out at https://www.cpubenchmark.net .

cpubenchmark score ≥10000 / 1920x1080 FHD, ≥15000 / 3840x2160 4K.

Memory - ≥16GB RAM ≥3200MHz

GPU - ≥2GB VRAM; speed check it out at cpubenchmark ≥5000. (update 7/21/20) (GTX 1650Ti 4GB)

Best NVMe M.2 SSD -> http://www.pcgamer.com/best-nvme-ssds/ ≥ 500GB

Best SATA III SSD -> http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-ssd-for-gaming/ ≥ 500GB

higher the CPU & GPU numbers = less pain and higher the wattage means a hole in your wallet.
you will feel it especially if you're running under w10... ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ...
(a) - When I 'spilt and cut' each clip I lose the transition and, even selecting the entire video and trying to overlap to create a new transition, I lose all the remaing transitions. ...

yes. whenever you remove the unwanted portions of the videos that contain any transitions, it will be lost.
you must select by right click on the clip you want to remove: Remove and Leave Gap/Remove and Move Clips on the Same Track/Remove and Move All Timeline Clips After Removed Clip.

or you have either Remove/Remove and Leave Gap.

Quote ...
(b) - If I insert the 'fade transition' from the transition library, it seems to initially blacken the clip before ending abruptly with almost no 'fade' at all. ...

you must place the 'FADE' transition in the middle of two video clips. if you place at the very beginning then it'll fade black to normal image or in the end, it will fade the image to black. also it depends on the duration you've set in the preference.

hopefully you're doing this when you haven't applied any titles. if you have then move the titles out of the way of the transitions. after you've joined two clips then move back the titles to the clip. if not then the title durations will be shortened accordingly...

if this does not answer your problems then take screen shots and post where a picture is more than a thousand words... ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
if you know how to use screwdriver then there is a ton of howtos on assembling a pc on YouTube.

Current PC specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670K @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 16GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 799MHz
MB: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. Z87-C (SOCKET 1150)
GPU: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770

to upgrade from current setup: total upgrade $1565.00(reuse old case & optical drive).

motherboard - Asrock X570 Motherboards priced from $169.99 to $239.99
cpu - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X price $492.99
memory- Corsair 3200MHZ 16GB to 32GB price $79.99 to $119.99
gpu - MSI GTX 1660Ti 6G or 1650Ti 4G priced from $155.00 to $279.99
ssd - Samsung 860 EVO priced from $76.00 to $139.99
or m2 - Samsung 970 EVO 500GB - 1TB priced from $99.99 to $179.99

power supply - Corsair CX series 450W $69.94 or Corsair CX series 550W $74.99.
cpu cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO price $34.99

there, you still have some money left over to have a t-bone steak dinner with the red wine!

i would like to volunteer and help you out. send me 2G and i'll ship you the above spec pc to you.
of course you wouldn't have the steak dinner with red wine but i will... ^^

p.s.
oops, just found out where Paul is from. so this offer good for lower 48 states(US of A)... wink

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
for capturing process we'll reference your 'powerdirector - capture from vhs' thread. there Barry will assist you.

here's some previous posts...
H8 video import
SONY HandyCam Model# DRC-TRV22 Interface Problem with PowerDirector 9
Capture VHS home videos - Copyright Error

for me, i used panni with HDD and dual vhs-HDD vcr.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
you can't. k.
p.s.
optodata's method will work... and BarrytheCrab will show you how to on transferring vhs tape to PowerDirector...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
LE version that you have can't; however, you can use Fix/Enhance - Color Adjustment.

Video Adjustment is for a Full version which it'll brighten and darken the areas that are needed automatically.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome back.
i'm afraid you can't upgade to PowerDirector 18. upgrade is from PD16 & 17. you can go pay for the 365 subscription for year for $51.99 or monthly for $21.99. whenever you cancel then the software is useless.

see 4th of july sale , or left over Powerdirector 12 | ebay .

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.

make sure your Blu-ray players are AVCHD 2.0 compliant and recheck Select the video encoding format quality: HD1920x1080/24p or HD1920x1080/60i

when i've burned using HD1920x1080/60p gave me an error message that my Blu-ray players do not support AVCHD 2.0 discs; however, 24p and 60i played flawlessly.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garabge in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.
on my b-day i got myself Ryzen 7 2700X on Asrock Taichi X470 mobo BECAUSE it supported old, like me , W7 with bios version 1.60. (i do not know or want to experiment and update bios to 2.0 or ≥3.10...)

i have MSI GTX 1060Ti 6GB and HA with nvidia driver versions 390.65 & 411.70. HA decode and encode H.265. woohoo!

if i went to WX straight then it woulda been Ryzen 7 3700X. second choice woulda been Ryzen 9 3900X or Ryzen 9 3950X.
graphics card woulda been MSI GTX 1660Ti 6GB. i likes them twin frozr!

Now i'd like to recommend 32GB(≥3200MHz) RAM of memory rather than 16GB.
corsair 500W PS, when the GPU requires 450W(+50W).
ABSOLUTE minimum 500GB SSD or M2. (nope! no more spinning metal disks for main HDD.)
and 8TB external drive for $129.00.

(Jiminey Crickets. i paid that for a WD 6GB PATA HDD or two 1MB DIMM memory once upon a time... ^^)
(found'em in the garage.)

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
likewise Dell XPS in my signature block, DO NOT have Hardware Acceleration with PD 10Ultra in W10 Pro upgrade either.

this Dell XPS L702X has Optimus enabled in bios.
W10 has installed for intel HD3000 driver version 9.17.10.4459 and nvidia GT 550M driver version 353.30.
(in W7 i had HA with HD3000 driver version 8.15.10.2455 and GT 550M driver version 285.77...)

so BLUF is
make sure you have the right GPU drivers,
right CODEC, Download K-Lite Codec Pack is installed, too, and or
you have to edit your registry using the regedit.exe to change VideoRenderer - VRM7 to VRM9 or VRM9 to 7...
(this also applies to Green Preview windows.)
and or lastly DISABLE ALL Hardware Acceleration in the Preference.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.
i have Dell XPS L702X 3D model with PowerDirector 10Ultra. which is a full version not a bundled version and got a free upgrade to W10 from W7.

BLUF it works with Windows 10. since the video driver is not compatible with older PD10, the Hardware Acceleration is greyed out(see attached pic).

Dell XPS L702X 3D model disabled iGPU(intel HD3000) in the bios and have to use only nvidia GT 555M.
PD10 only supports video driver versions ≤29x.xx and will not support ≥3xx.xx for Hardware Acceleration.
W10 installed driver v369.09 which PD12 is at home... likewise GT 555M, too, will run on v369.09 but no HA.

since you haven't attached DxDiag.txt of your pcs, please do follow Generating the DxDiag.txt File for further assistance.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.
there are many subjects on why my high speed graphics card does not work, will not use hardware acceleration with PD etc.
when it does work then the PD uses less than 1GB VRAM if not then 2GB.

nvidia driver version 411.70 works but in my experience v396.50 utilizes more; however, it depends on which version of PD you're using.

what i recommend is my prejudice. GTX 1060 6GB or 1660Ti 6GB.
GTX 1060Ti 6GB review https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-gtx-1060-6-gb.c2862
GTX 1660Ti 6GB review https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-ti-turing,6002.html

both GTX 1030 and GTX 1050 is neutered version at a discount prices...

previously optodata said 'and you will also likely be fighting Windows when it continually wants to update your video driver...'
just a reminder. W10.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
only thing you can change the Set Clip Duration-Set Duration is for the still photos in the timeline. actual videos you must cut, trim off to the desired duration in the project.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
if you haven't installed K-Lite Codec Pack already...

to transcode then HandBrake .

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
k. boongsong.
you've done it two different ways.

number 1.
Quote ... I selected all and insert on the timeline. I then edited each clips length, added chapters, saved the project, wen to Produce. What came up on the Produce window is what I showed on my oriiginal post - see in my atch. I did not change a thing in this stage - I left it as is because PD said that's what is correct. I then clicked Start. When finished, ...

here like optpdata has said go to the output folder, then you'll see the 1280x720 .MP4 file.

number 2.
Quote ...I went to the create disc, clicked on Burn in 2D, and on the next window, I left Burn to disc and save as disc image unchecked and checked Creat a folder, gave the folder location a name and clicked burn.
After the project completed the burn, I went to my Videos folder and the project was there, with a PD icon. I right clicked on the icon and Properties and it shows it as a PDS file (PDS). (see atch). ...

you've created a video(VOB files) folder so that you can burn it later with programs like Power2Go or Imgburn or windows, etc...

now.
look at what optodata has said and look at his attachment(picture) so that you can locate where the EXPORT FOLDER to your .MP4 file is. it should be right of START button on the PRODUCE windows.

attach a new screen shot of the produce page(cl.jpg shows only left side) then we can tell you where the 1280x720 .MP4 file went. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
laughing
welcome to the forum.
Quote ... Is there a way to fix it?

capture will stop automatically if there is a break in the recording...

1. stop rewinding or fast-forwarding the tape. you can cut out the parts you don't need/want in the timeline during the editing.

2. get a second monitor/tv for the vhs player. pause or stop the capture, rewind or fast-forward and begin capture again.

blame it on the copy right infringement.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
well babysdaddy...
my experience of creating the Blu-ray movies has been total duration(playing time) of the disc rather than the volume. if the volume goes off the limit(actual 22.5GB+) then i can use SmartFit to squeeze in up to 2hrs 5 or 15 minutes of the total playing time.

if i use it for a data disc then i can put more hours than if i was to produce for a home movies...

you can use the Blu-ray data disc in a pc with Blu-ray player to play the 22.5GB+ in various bitrates(MPC-HC for example) but you can not on a stand alone Blu-ray player...

moreover, typical Blu-ray movie disc will contain two folders, BMDV & Certificate and the actual movie will be in the Stream sub-folder of BMDV as .m2ts container with either H.262(mpeg2) or H.264(mp4) codec. simply put.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.

it's totally up to you and may i suggest these on going discussions about... Hardware acceleration makes no difference? and Funny - I sound like Laptop guys. No Nvidia HW Encode on my Desktop .

and my recommendation is always 'it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it'

oh happy happy joy joy ^^

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... But all I have is the digital media in 480p resolution. ...

since panny upscales VHS, DvD and SDHC to 720p 1080p 1080i to the HDMI output... maybe you can put in something in between to capture upscaled video like Blu-ray recoder???

i guess, it comes down to how bad you want it. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
i have panny dmr-ez475v that'll upscale 480p to 720p 1080p 1080i through the HDMI...
go to panny's Product Guide - DVD Recorder DMR-EZ475 to see what you can tinker with and buy a used one in decent condition on eBay.
yup, mine is about 13 years old and still kicking. i haven't replaced any pinch rollers yet... plays the good, the bad and the ugly in VHS tape... it'll record VHS-DvD and SDHC-DvD. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Go to: