CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
GIGO
Quote ... It appears that YouTube will further downscale / compress anything you upload, even if the uploaded file pretty much matches what was on YouTube originally. How do I stop that from happening? ... .

not much.

Quote ... Do I need to significantly upscale the render to something ridiculous so that when YouTube processes it, the quality remains? What settings would I use? ... .

my basic rule of thumb is that your video bitrates should be +1~3Mb/sec more than original with or without sharpness at +10-5% at Fix/Enhance - Enhance-Color Adjustment - Sharpness...

after producing your clip upload it and see if accetable to you.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.

GIGO.
your youtube video bitrate is 1.077 Mb/sec and PD's minimum bitrate is 1.5 Mb/sec. nothing wrong with that.
if you want to create a custom profile and modify the video bitrate to 1.077 Mb/sec, then Profile.ini - Full List of Parameters ...
whenever i upload videos with bitrate of 44 Mb/sec to youtube, youtube reencodes to 3-4 Mb/sec... Custom output video size 720 x 404 . download the howto video. it'll cover your needs...

SVRT.
read this faq Why am I unable to use Intelligent SVRT function within CyberLink PowerDirector 10? When can I use SVRT? .

happy happy joy joy
PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.

you must have a proof of purchase and What can I do if I lost my program? or Contact Support .
after download, save it! external HDD, DvD and or Blu-ray...

happy happy joy joy
PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
happy Easter everyone.

MPC-HC works. i bet it's a forgotten ancient Korean secret! PD 10, 12 n 14 couldn't...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... Do you have PD17 pepsiman ? ...

nein.
i have PD 8,9,10,12 n 14; however, modifying the profile.ini file is same. i am waiting for 4k 10bit 4.2.2 support.

Quote ... In the dimensions tab of handbrake the source (1920x800, PAR:1/1) was different than the width and height so I changed the width and height to 1920x800. It still wrote "output display size 1709x800, PAR 4145x4656". The point is that this file should have the same size and AR as the original otherwise there is no point in trying to replicate what I did. ...

you're on the right track. media info will verify it's 1920x800.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... Wow, that's very nice of you. ...

bitte.

tried it and can't do it. PD will not allow it. you can delete the link...
drummer is cute, though...

download HandBrake and it'll convert to .MP4 container.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
if you've missed, here's a blast from the past Profile.ini - Full List of Parameters .

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... The first orginal video is a 1920x800 2.40:1 music video bought on apple. I would want to keep it without black bars.
The second is a 1920x1080 16:9 digital copy of a dvd. It has horizontal black bars in it. I would want to remove the black bars. ...

still photos you can crop with FREEFORM aspect ratio to get rid of the horizontal bars but videos you can not.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
bluf.
it's not simple. most important is copyright infringement. somebody gotta make some money!

go here for all your needs Hauppauge Product Information , you need usb type for your laptop.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
PD10 came out about 8 years ago. support should be available through Plexgear...
there are many versions of wX. use the older version of wX that worked with PD10.

if you have w7 it might work if Plexgear supplied usb drivers for w7...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out(GIGO)'
beauty.

' awe optodata, you shouldn't have... how did you know it was my birthday??? ... ^^ laughing

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
i don't have PD17 but with PD14, there's no audio, nada, zip, zilch...

jumping around 24GB 48:10 videos with MPC-HC, i found that at 46:59-47:06 and 47:35-47:37 was very soft and it isn't 4K!
did you have the shadow files turned on?
it looks like PD17 didn't replace the shadow files with 4K HEVC H.265 files.
that's why i don't use the shadow files at all.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.

your PD10 is not compatible with wX(maybe with w7 it might work???) and your PD10 is DE version. it means your PD10 came with bundled either with the hardware or a software... it is a trial version without the PD watermarks.

in order to be compatible with wX then you'll need full PD12 or later versions...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... If I use the same aspect ratio as the original this will not happen ?

yes. don't be afraid to experiment... if it messes up then, without restarting the PD, delete or remodify the profile.ini file!

Quote ... I notice the video is a little bit stretched...

my tutorial is from 16:9 aspect ratio to 2.35:1, 21:9, or 2.4:1 etc. so you'll notice little stretching like tomasc said speed limit signs in US is rectangular and converting it looks like a square...

if you don't mind the horizontal bars then i'd recommend ynotfish's 16:9 to 2.35:1 masks and produce normally.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
better yet.
here's an example of borderless HD 2.4:1 aspect ratio videos. see if your VLC player displays correct aspect ratio. if displays top/bpttom or r/l bars then your player isn't set up correctly.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
i assumed you wanted to upload borderless 2.4:1 aspect ratio videos to youtube.
And, it seems like your VLC player isn't displaying correct aspect ratio videos or your original videos does contain horizontal bars...

attach a short sample 2.4:1 ratio video and i'll post back to you.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
no, my friend.
your borderless tutorial starts approx. at 14:47 to 15:47.
since you're not changing anything so even SVRT should work!

ensure you've created and modified Profile.ini
back in the workspace, make sure it is 16:9
go to produce, choose your custom profile and create!
upload to Youtube. end.

note:
first, beginning of my tutorial for creating(2.35:1) bordered video, 08:28-14:46.
second, 14:47-15:47, is for creating(21:9) borderless...
third, 15:48-17:50, is summary and settings for MPC-HC and DivX player.

once you've learned to modify the Profile.ini then you can create bordered or borderless 2.35:1, 21:9 or 2.4:1 aspect ratio videos at your leisure.
CL should implement this!!! but they haven't for...

pay attention to second part. once you get it, it's so easy you'll smack your forehead and say i wish i had a v8 juice!
or even a cave man can do it! ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
garbage in garbage out...

your bitrate for 1920x800 is around 4.8Mb/sec, Youtube will tear that son of gun to nothing!
me, 1920x800 FHD bitrate is around 44 Mb/sec. normal bitrate CL community forum members suggest around 17 Mb/sec...
higher the bitrate more detail and sharpness...

my suggestions will be upload something similar to video that you'll be uploading and see if that's acceptable to you.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
grüß Gott. howzit?
yes. if you've followed instruction it'll produce borderless aspect ratio that you wanted! ensure that your player's setting will play correct aspect ratio without borders.

Pre Purchase Questions

tschüß.
happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
read this from the past Different framerates . as you've experimented on your own and got the answer to your ?...

bluf.
for best results shoot and produce at identical fps.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Go to: