Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
welcome to the forum.
my recommendations from June 2020 hasn't changed much.

Quote ...
1.is it amd or intel ?

any Ryzen 7 or 9 series cpu, most bang for the buck is Ryzen 5 5600X with $2k-3k nVidia gpus.
7th or later gen Intel cpus. why? it has hardware encode and decode H.265...

Quote ...
2.what is the maximum ram PD needed (64gb or 128gb)

just as previous reponse 32GB(≥3200MHz) RAM minimum.

Quote ...
3.NVIDA or AMD graphic card would be the best compatible ?

minimum MSI GTX 1660Ti 6GB gpu.

moreover, any powersupply +50W and ABSOLUTE minimum 500GB SSD or M2.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
hi there.
your capture is not 1920x1080. it is 1920x1000 resolution.
set your capture at CRF and 1. it'll give you bigger files but it's worth it.

my PD12 produced same as yours(using mediainfo) . if you're not doing anything to the captured videos then just use what you're using Handbrake!

don't expect too much from a less than 300kb/sec video bitrates... garbage in garbage out.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
hi. oldies but goodies' here.
Quote ... Is there any rule of thumb on the safety margin for a HD before it can affect PD's ability to perform? ...

old days you gotta give PD some virtual memory space around 100GB free HDD space...

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.
far as i know this forum is free.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
no problem.
let me add some more pennies to the pot...

in order to produce in 4K @50Mb/sec, i take the original videos at either 50Mb/sec or 80Mb/sec H.265 MP4 then produce at +1-3Mb/sec higher than the original. no more no less. really.

never upscale the original videos and apply the high video bitrates to beat the YouTube's compression hence my motto from the CS or FORTRAN. gigo(garbage in garbage out).

oiginal 1080 FHD video bitrate AVC MP4 7Mb/sec,
edit and produce at 8 to 10Mb/sec,
upload to YouTube and cross your fingers and or,

oiginal 1080 FHD video bitrate AVC MP4 7Mb/sec,
edit and produce at 24Mb/sec,
upload to YouTube and cross your fingers , not, or,

original 1080 FHD video bitrate AVC MP4 50Mb/sec,
edit and produce at 50Mb/sec,
upload to YouTube and enjoy. ^^

so i don't use PD presets of 1080/30p or 29.97p at 17Mb/sec. i use custom video bitrates.
(come on people. HDD is cheap compare to yesterday. i remember paying $100-150 for a FUJITSU 10GB ATA66 drive... i still got it.)

you can do the simple test and upload to YouTube to your satifaction for beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
hello.

you can't beat'em; however, i use high video bitrates.
HEVC H.265 MP4 at 50Mb/sec for 4K and AVC H.264 MP4 1080 FHD at 44/50Mb/sec.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
grüß Gott.
you have to contact the cyberlink support to reactivate your Power DvD 16.

try this link. cyberlink support center .

tschüß. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... Panasonic SVHS Reporter 456 Proline. Its the actual camcorder, but I was wondering if it has the TBC capabilities for playback? ...

according to the operating manual panni AG-456 and AG-456UP S-VHS Camcorder review utilizes VITC, Vertical Interval Timecode.

must read to understand What is a TBC? Time Base Correction for Videotapes and Panasonic DMR-E55 TBC, more than a simple line TBC? . trhouse's comment on 11th March 2005 then you'll see what the DMR series recorders does...

hope this helps.

oh, happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
optodata already suggested to turn off HA and you've said no changes...

however, what i'm doing is process of elimination. for you it means going back to whenever everything worked if you don't want to spend any extra money.

you can look at the BarryTheCrab's toys here, VHS Conversion Advice Please?

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
i'm going to assume that you're transfering the Hi-8 tape to ION VHS 2 PC then to your XPS-PD13 using usb cable???

ION VHS 2 PC is around $369.55 at the wallyworld.
i would've bought the used Panasonic DMR-EZ485V or DMR-EZ475V with the remote on eBay for less than $200.00-$250.00 instead. Panasonic DMR-EZ48V or DMR-EZ47V with the remote will work also. don't forget the remote. it's very important that remote controls eveything.
me? i have the Panni dmr-ez475v and dmr-eh75v and dmr-85h. laughing

ultimate cheap solution if you've spent the third stimulus check already then Diamond VC500 for $33.99 at the Amazon.

connections will be CCD TRV-75 to Diamond VC500 then to XPS. here's couple of the previous posts SONY HandyCam Model DRC-TRV22 and PowerDirector 365 doesn't on use of the Diamond VC500.

oh, happy happy joy joy. laughing

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

1. what make and model of your camcorder?

2. what kind of connections are available on the camcorder? s-video and or rca connectors or a firewire...

3. then what kind of connections are available on your desktop or a laptop?

4. last resort can you borrow from someone who has a vcr with the DvD recorder and or a DvD recorder with same inputs as your camcorder's output connectors iff your pc only have usb connectors and no firewire?

oh, happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
it is a classic example of gigo(garbage in garbage out).

that 3" color screen says it all. hook it up to the 60" monitor and tell us what it does. if it is good as you say then it's the ION VHS 2 PC that sucks.

ION VHS 2 PC is the player and PD13 is recording what is fed through the USB cable.
just as Tomasc said it is your ION VHS 2 PC is the culprit not the PD13.

Quote ... on the camcorder's 3 inch color screen a perfect, defect free image

then ditch the ION VHS 2 PC and use the camcorder as a player!
hook it up and let the PD13 do its thing. you'll be happy happy joy joy. period.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
i don't know about that.
HP Omen gaming laptop AMD Ryzen 7 4800H benchmark from cpu benchmarks.net is 19,222 and your pc Intel Core i5 4670K is 5,497. hp is almost 4x faster.

gpu GeForce RTX 2060 laptop benchmark is 11,354 and pc NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770 is 5,871. hp is almost 2x faster.

looking at these numbers hp shoulda finish the same projects at half the time. i'd say pd18 didn't like your "high-end laptop" period.

OR

hp couldn't breathe fast enough to cool down so it was heat throttling...

oh happy happy joy joy ^^

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... Is there anyway to insert the video into the timeline with the correct ratio (ie. no black horizontal bars or stretched video)? ...

NOPE. never had it never will. no can do. Cyberlink only supports 4x3, 16x9 and horizontal...

Quote ... Any help would be greatly appreciated!

workaround would be to produce it and chop the excess fat off with Handbrake or FFmpegyag.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... don't want to buy another product ...

then convert H.265 HEVC to AVC H.264 .MP4 file format using the free programs like HandBrake or RockyMountain Movie Converter...

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote Have you ever used a "Toshiba DVD / VHS Recorder Transfer VHS to DVD Model DKVR60KU" or something like it? ...

i have toshiba RD-XS35 and panni DMR-E85H. both will transfer vhs to dvd and or in my case also to built in HDD.

in my experience panni dvds are tad sharper than toshiba and it'll cut at the single frame you want. on the other hand the toshiba will be at ±3 frames.

Quote ... There are a few of them available around $100 in my area. ...

vs Tomasc
Quote Nope. It’s pretty pricey at Amazon at $500. ...

i'd buy it!

panasonic is tad sharper than toshiba in my experience...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
No.

however, read these Can’t Save Final VurtualDub2 File as an MP4 and or DV capture straight to mp4 ...

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.
if you're keeping the old betsy then try to free up some C:\ 100GB HDD or SSD space.
my dell xps is decade old still i use it; however, i have 16GB memory, little bit faster cpu at 4517 and 134GB SSD free space.

here is wd mybook 4tb external hdd at a reasonable price. free shipping of course.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.
your PD 12DE(LE) is a bundled software with the capture device.
after the capture, import to the edit workspace then to the produce. here you can choose the .mp4 file format and convert the mpeg-2 to .mp4 container.

if you just want to convert to the .mp4 container then the Handbrake will work. if newer versions of handbrake doesn't work for your pc then try older versions. here's an additional K-lite codec if needed.

my tutorials for the desqueeze decompress 1.33x Anamorphic Videos with HandBrake revised @06:05 shows you how to change video bitrates to match original video's video bitrates and audio bitrates...

WinDV v1.2.3 is an another free video capture software.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.
you're more than a decade+ late to the party.

you didn't specify which os you're using.
here's some reading for ya. USB Video Grabber problems or Video Grabber ...

and or bluf is use WinDV to capture. it's a free program.
good luck.

oh, happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Go to: