Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
welcome to the forum.
you're more than a decade+ late to the party.

you didn't specify which os you're using.
here's some reading for ya. USB Video Grabber problems or Video Grabber ...

and or bluf is use WinDV to capture. it's a free program.
good luck.

oh, happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Mojobari.
fwiw.
here's little test we've done previously GTX960 Performance Comparisons . follow the instruction and compare your results to others.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
work around that i do is to record about 7seconds early before i begin talking.
i have consistent 5.26-6.15sec sync issue with CamStudio on my Dell Precision M6800.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote Thanks, but I have already disabled all Hardware Acceleration on this and other projects...

k.
have you try to burn to a folder method and create a disc using ImgBurn ?

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote Sorry to be another to resurrect this thread... I have not changed anything from the previous production methods... .

if you've read the CoderJay's remarks then the work around is to DISABLE ALL HA when you're creating discs!

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.

Quote I am such a dummy! Can not find "settings" in PwerDirector 16 only "preverences". Help!

is this what you're looking for? Advice for setting up the Capture Quality Profile.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... THANK YOU! Appreciate your help.

JOF. before you purchase, come back to the forum and post which machines you're considering... we can help you to choose better one for the money.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
and FFmpegYAG. wX version works on w7.

my ffmpegyag tutorial desqueezed 16:9 to 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio CinemaScope w FFmpegYAG @04:30 shows you how to change video bitrates to match original video's video bitrate.

and for the handbrake tutorial desqueeze decompress 1.33x Anamorphic Videos with HandBrake revised @06:05.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.
PD 12LE is what you got. it's not a full program. if you want to stick with what you know then i recommend this from eBay or this one.

and or read this Does Power Director Capture from a Dazzle Video Capture Device .

work around is using the free video capture programs. after capture then use the PD 12LE for final editing and production...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
well, i have PD 12.
if you do give me an access to your files, yeah everything, your working .pds file, too. i'll try to put it in two seperate dvds.

sometimes it's better to burn it without menus; moreover, if it is succesful then i'll just give you the .pds files so you can burn it yourself.

k?

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.
Quote If my content is more than 1 disc will hold, will the Create Disc feature span to a 2nd disc and continue burning? If not does anyone know of a way to do this?

use Smart Fit or use double layer dvd disc. read this previous post Can't seem to burn a dual layer disc in this software.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.
Quote Can you give me the names of the APP or software that will work? I'd really appreciate it.

yes. here are some of my tutorials using PD and Handbrake or FFmpegYAG.

desqueeze(de-squeeze) decompress 1.33x Anamorphic using PowerDirector v10 or later with Handbrake & desqueeze decompress 1.33x Anamorphic squeeze using PD 10Ultra and later versions .

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.
here is the link to the latest and greatest Compare PowerDirector Versions and Buy PowerDirector Video Editing Software.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
you are very welcome, Maliek. laughing

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... I tinkered with Handbrake. ...

here's my tutorials on desqueeze(de-squeeze) decompress 1.33x Anamorphic using PowerDirector v10 or later with Handbrake.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome back.
Quote ... Is there a trick to getting PD12 to work with h.265? ...

go to SourceForge and download RockyMountains Movie Converter . you can convert H.265 to H.264 or .Mov ProRes 4.2.2 or 4.4.4 and it's free.

i've been using it for about 5 years. it is an excellent converter.

also FFmpegYAG is another excellent program that is free, too.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
looking at your DxDiag.txt, your SSD drive has 3 partitions???
SSD drives do not behave like HDD...

other than that your drive is clean.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... see that on YouTube, there are some videos that are poor quality regardless of the SD/HD setting and some that are good quality even in SD. ...

'garbage in garbage out' ^^

Quote ... Should I produce to the original resolution? ...

answer. why not? however, it's your prerogative... if i want to preserve the original captured looks(quality) then i would, of course.

just recording what's on the screen doesn't require very high bitrates. your settings of H.264 AVC 40Mb/sec will suffice; however, if you're using a camcorder then you have to increase the recording bitrates 100Mb/sec or higher depending on the subject. subject is moving then it requires higher than 100Mb/sec bitrates... and rerender output bitrates equal to recording bitrates.

then, like SoNic67 has said YouTube just ...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome back.

what is reaally 4K?
answer. 4X(times) resolution of Full HD(1920X1080). get a piece of paper and assume that that is the 4K resolution. go ahead and fold evenly horizontally and vertically once then each block is Full HD resolution.
see Display resolution .

Does the screen resolution have any effect on a true 4K TV?
answer. you must disable upscaling in your 4K TV then it'll properly display that itty bitty resolutions to true...

Would an end user really notice the difference with different resolutions?
answer. viewing distance is the key. you can answer your own questions by producing different resolutions and view the results. since you're a scooorage about video bitrates, general rule is that higher the bitrate it is sharper and detailed... try 4K at 200Mb/sec.
most people watch their videos on a mostly sub 17" laptop screen but increase the screen resolutions to 60" then now you're in the 4K and possibly 8K!
this is why some people are still stuck at the HD(1280x720) resolutions. i am at FHD but does 4K comfortably. 8K has been here for a while...

here's Anders Bixbe YouTube channel and watch the videos in different resolutions. he uses Samsung NX1 4K H.265 8bit 4.2.0.

Should I produce to the original resolution?
answer. why not? however, it's your prerogative... if i want to preserve the original captured looks then i would, of course.

Would 60 fps output be better than the standard 24/25?
answer. if you have an excellent digital camera then you'll not notice the difference. only to the trained eyes.
digital is nothing but a simulation. 60 fps in digital is 60 Fields per Second. IT IS NOT A Frames per Second. it records in Hz.
yep, grasshopper. it records in 60Hz, 24Hz, 25Hz, or 30Hz Interlaced or Progressive mode, etc.

only the silver based film will capture Frames per Second!
my Yashica Electro 8 LD-6 Super 8mm records true 18, 24 and 36 frames per second on a film cassette or cartridge.

hope this will answer some...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... you said to turn off HA in the preference. Where do I find "HA"? ...

HA is Hardware Acceleration. it is in the Preference and it's a wheel symbol on top of the workspace right next to the Project Aspect Ratio(16:9 or 4:3 etc...).
turn off both.

also for further assistance do as Tomasc asked for...
Quote ... and supply the PD13 version number and the DxDiag.txt ...

moreover,
Quote Most people aren't aware that multimedia editing takes ... still going to experience slow rendering speeds.

and suggeted previously...
Quote if you know how to use screwdriver then there is a ton of howtos on assembling a pc on YouTube.
to upgrade from current setup: total upgrade $1565.00(reuse old case & optical drive).

motherboard - Asrock X570 Motherboards priced from $169.99 to $239.99
cpu - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X price $492.99
memory- Corsair 3200MHZ 16GB to 32GB price $79.99 to $119.99
gpu - MSI GTX 1660Ti 6G or 1650Ti 4G priced from $155.00 to $279.99
ssd - Samsung 860 EVO priced from $76.00 to $139.99
or m2 - Samsung 970 EVO 500GB - 1TB priced from $99.99 to $179.99

power supply - Corsair CX series 450W $69.94 or Corsair CX series 550W $74.99.
cpu cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO price $34.99

there, you still have some money left over to have a t-bone steak dinner with the red wine!

i would like to volunteer and help you out. send me 2G and i'll ship you the above spec pc to you.
of course you wouldn't have the steak dinner with red wine but i will... ^^

p.s.
oops, just found out where Paul is from. so this offer good for lower 48 states(US of A)... wink

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome back.
well, you're lucky all theses years. yep, you gotta away and got caught!

in order to edit smoothly, turn off HA in the preference.
get extra 8GB RAM(but it's old so just upgrading the RAM isn't worth spending your hard earned $$$.)
make sure to have 100GB SSD space for Virtual Memory so that PD13 can breathe...

program yourself that you gotta move on... time to get a replacement pc...

what is the best computer for video editing spec:

CPU - fastest, what you can afford without breaking the bank.
avoid intel cpus with single suffixes ix-xxxx U / M to name a few at all cost!(except 9th & 10th Gen)
also avoid AMD APU laptops.

if in doubt then check it out at https://www.cpubenchmark.net .

cpubenchmark score ≥10000 / 1920x1080 FHD, ≥15000 / 3840x2160 4K.

Memory - ≥16GB RAM ≥3200MHz

GPU - ≥2GB VRAM; speed check it out at cpubenchmark ≥5000. (update 7/21/20) (GTX 1650Ti 4GB)

Best NVMe M.2 SSD -> http://www.pcgamer.com/best-nvme-ssds/ ≥ 500GB

Best SATA III SSD -> http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-ssd-for-gaming/ ≥ 500GB

higher the CPU & GPU numbers = less pain and higher the wattage means a hole in your wallet.
you will feel it especially if you're running under w10... ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Go to: