Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
i have panny dmr-ez475v that'll upscale 480p to 720p 1080p 1080i through the HDMI...
go to panny's Product Guide - DVD Recorder DMR-EZ475 to see what you can tinker with and buy a used one in decent condition on eBay.
yup, mine is about 13 years old and still kicking. i haven't replaced any pinch rollers yet... plays the good, the bad and the ugly in VHS tape... it'll record VHS-DvD and SDHC-DvD. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... the file type kept trying to save as .m4v--not the .mp4 that I kept changing it to. ...

go to TOOLS and drop down the menu to PREFERENCES.
at the OUTPUT FILES: third from the bottom MP4 FILE EXTENSION: Always use MP4. will always produce .MP4 files.

ensure that your resolution is Modulus 2. both width and height are divisible by 2. ie 4096x1606, 4096x1600, 3840x1600, 3840x1606, 1920x804, 1920x800, 1280x536, 1280x532... etc.
always recheck your presets before producing. it is a free program and it isn't perfect!

use PowerDirector to spit shine your masterpiece and let the HandBrake de-squeeze to CinemaScope and you've got a unbeatable combo until CyberLink supports 21:9, 2.35:1 and 2.39:1 aspect ratios... ^^

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
thank you.
we're recommending HandBrake to the forum members and PD users alike for years... ^^
HandBrake illiminates the letterboxing automatically as well and it's free. laughing

got the Covid-19 check in the mail, today. money-mouth
oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
the HandBrake also illiminates the letterboxes and free, too. laughing

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... To Tomasc, Optodata & PepsiMan. ... HAPPY HAPPY, JOY JOY: ...

happy Easter, chris.

i have made an easier tutorials for you. it's too easy. really.

how to desqueeze(de-squeeze) decompress 1.33x Anamorphic aspect ratio borderless videos with HandBrake.
핸드브레이크를 사용하여 1.33배 아나모픽 종횡비 테두리 없는 비디오를 압축 해제하는 방법: https://youtu.be/sFa4ILR9auw

it is a Covid-19 LockDown special. ^^

be safe.
happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote Hi Pepsy Man,
I had already seen your video. But to me that is a bit of a complicated and rather technical work around. I had hoped that in the mean while PD would have come up with a more easy process.

lowlands. i have a new tutorials that'll be in your alley.

how to desqueeze(de-squeeze) decompress 1.33x Anamorphic aspect ratio borderless videos with HandBrake.
핸드브레이크를 사용하여 1.33배 아나모픽 종횡비 테두리 없는 비디오를 압축 해제하는 방법: https://youtu.be/sFa4ILR9auw

be safe.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Aloha! Howzit GrassHopper? grüß Gott 안녕하세요.

happy Easter everyone.

howto desqueeze(de-squeeze) decompress 1.33x Anamorphic videos using PowerDirector v10 or later with Handbrake.

more and more video enthusiasts are turning to 2.35:1 Cinema Wide or 2.39:1 CinemaScope Anamorphic videos.
Samsung, Apple etc are fueling the fire with their mobile phones capable of taking 8K resolutions.

more and more PowerDirector users are asking the questions... you know what they're... ^^

for Covid-19 LockDown Special,
i've come up with very friendly ways to desqueeze(de-squeeze) decompress 1.33x Anamorphic videos using PowerDirector v10 or later with HandBrake. no, you don't have to mess with Profile.ini files... ^^

HandBrake is more than just a video transcoder in my opinion.

best thing is that it works with 1.33x Anamorphic lenses by SLR Magic, Vazen, Moondog Labs, Moment, Sandmarc, Ulanzi, Beastgrip, Sirui, etc...

k. i'm there already. ^^

1. import your 1.33x Anamorphic videos to workspace. do normal editing and add specials effects provided by the PoweDirector. simple enough.

2. after spit shining your masterpiece go to HandBrake and download latest versions. if newer versions doesn't work for your aging computer then download older versions.

3. follow my tutorials, of course.

end result is that the titles and the effects will be stretched 1.33X; however, output is correct aspect ratio borderless desqueezed videos. you'll not have any issues whatsoever uploading to youtube, vimeo... etc.

until CyberLink supports 21:9, 2.35:1 and or 2.39:1(2.4:1) aspect ratios then i'll do MyyyyyWay. ^^

i'm exposing too many Ancient Korean Secrets...

enjoy. Aloha.
happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'

p.s.
please direct any and or all technical questions to JL_JL, Tomasc or Sonic67 and others for i went to public school and know little how to read, write, add, and subtract. i don't know if i told you or not. when i took the C++ Programming, it messed up my brain so bad that i'm not a same person me, myself and i, anymore... i'm sorta like Reverend Jim from Taxi. What does yellow light mean??? ^^

be safe.
i'm assuming that you're using the PD's screen recorder.
i use Camstudio even though i have PD14 screen recorder. if you have nVidia gpu then uninstall the GeForce Experience. it's been known to cause problems.

my work around for out of sync video/audio is to record 3-5 seconds longer and use 'Unlink Video and Audio' function to move left or right to properly align the video/audio. also update audio drivers and manually delete temporary files.

if you don't get any more replies to your issue then suggest post it on Forum Index » Screen Recorder and or
you can open a support ticket How do I contact CyberLink for a technical support or a program failure? ...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.

read this Read Me Before Posting - Suggestions to Get the Best Results . forum members need at least DxDiag.txt file to help you.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... I just built a new PC using v18. ... But still leaves me pondering if PD18 limits the ability of my PC to produce faster. Thoughts?

i am, too, happy with Ryzen 7 2700X build running w7...

since you have PD18... What difference does hardware encoding make? . op had an enlightenment. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... I Wish there were neighbors w/ comp knowledge here

if you don't have anyone to help you then purchase one of these LG - 8x External USB 2.0 Blu-ray Disc Double-Layer DVD±RW/CD-RW Disc Rewriter - Black at any mail order store. it doesn't have to be LG. you can buy any brand external DvD RW or DVD RW Burner Drive GU90N For Dell Latitude E6520 E6530 E6420 E6430 E6440 E6540 at eBay, etc...

what? you ain't got no money. use the stimulus check in the mail to buy one. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... I don't see anythin unusual with your CD-ROM drive, other than perhaps a newer driver might be available since that one came out in 2010. ...

ditto!

Inform1.
the reason you're getting a Cyclic Redundancy is because CD-ROM drive that you have can not read DvDs!

go to your friend's house. borrow their pc with DvD RW and copy all the contents in disc 1 and 2 into two seperate folders to a usb thumb drive. come back home and install from that thumb drive. period.

also looking at your DxDiag file you haven't installed nVidia drivers for NVS 5200M video card. that gpu is integrated into the motherboard and can not be replaced. well my latitude e6530 is. ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Inform1.
Quote ... C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
goes to libraries ...

that is the Windows Explorer on the desktop opened...

Quote ... D: Disk drive is also always working, and it just keeps showing "Insert a Disc". As PD discs just keep spinning for 2 or 3 minutes then spit out. ...

what you're experiencing is a 'Cyclic Redundancy'.
make sure that DvD is seated properly in the DvD w-r tray or you can try an another external DvD or Blu-ray writer-ROM???

why? because your current DvD writer-reader is showing it's age, old.

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
welcome to the forum.
please read this Read Me Before Posting - Suggestions to Get the Best Results and give us at least this one- Generating the DxDiag.txt File at the bottom of the list.

Quote ... using an outboard microphone through my Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre audio interface to get a better sound quality than my laptop speaker. ...

you need to troubleshoot

1. microphone: is it in good servieable condition?

2. connectors to Focusrite Clarett 4 Pre in good condition. not broken, bent connectors or cords not frayed...

3. is USB cable in good condition? try different one...

4. try another USB port on the laptop.

5. lastly your laptop...

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
holy smokes batman!
i lost 2000 points on i7-2860QM, i7-3940XM and FX 8370E cpus. Ryzen 7 2700X???

a-ha! i'm not alone... laughing

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
you've definitely got PepsiMan's two thumbs up!! laughing

fastest laptop that i have is Dell M6800 i7-3940xm with nVidia K4100m gpu; however, i keep coming back to my old betsy Dell XPS L702x i7-2860qm with nVidia GT 550m because i'm THE bottleneck... ^^

take care and will see you soon.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... If I need to get a new (second hand) video card which one should I get to get a (very) good performance out of my pc with pd18 and H.265 HEVC and be somewhat future proof.

may i suggest GTX 1060 6GB and iff(if and only if) you will save money to buy then GTX 1660 series... ^^

my recommendations for upgrade as always...
for your future references go to http://www.cpubenchmark.net/
# what is the best computer for video editing spec:

CPU - fastest, you can afford without breaking the bank.

avoid older intel cpus with single suffixes ix-xxxx U / M to name a few at all cost! also avoid AMD APU, too; however, current generation intel i7-10xxx U kicks a**. if in doubt then check it out at cpubenchmark. see above link.

CPU cpubenchmark score ≥10000 / 1920x1080 FHD & 3840x2160 4K.

memory - ≥16GB RAM 3200MHz

GPU - ≥2GB VRAM; speed check it out at cpubenchmark ≥5000. (ex. GTX 1660 2GB+)

Best NVMe M.2 SSD -> http://www.pcgamer.com/best-nvme-ssds/ ≥ 500GB

Best SATA III SSD -> http://www.pcgamer.com/the-best-ssd-for-gaming/ ≥ 500GB

HDD -> 7200RPM 128MB cache 6G SATA III 1TB or bigger

this is my recommendations and will serve you very well for a long time.

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
lowlands!
Quote ... I am strugling a bit with getting the right footage and with my computer. ... Right now the video just stalls in the preview window. ...

i forgot all about it. your GTX 760(2013?) does not support H.265 HEVC files. you must disable all HA!

GTX950 > will support H.265 HEVC.

if you convert the H.265 to H.264 and nVidia drivers version less than 35x.xx you might get HA but it'll be a slim chance because PD18 was written 2019. i use RockyMountains Movie Converter from sourceforge.

however, PD14 will be just fine! even with driver version 390.65. ^^

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
gentlemen.
you're doing wayyy too much work in my opinion.

care to try my way of modifying the Profile.ini and troubleshoot why having the Production unsuccessful error messages???

Update (04122020): how to desqueeze decompress 1.33x Anamorphic w PowerDirector & change Aspect Ratio w FFmpegYAG 파워디렉터및 에프에프엠팩야그로 종횡비 변경: https://youtu.be/5_KaNmxTyyM

oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Quote ... will have to get me a new machine. ... Have a good weekend and stay healthy.

well, last year on my b-day i got a new desktop. Ryzen 7 2700X twice as faster than FX 8370E.

my Ryzen 7 2700X is running windows 7 and 10. ^^
my FX 8370E is dual boot, too. w7 and wX.
my dell xps laptop is 9 years old and still going strong. also it's dual boot w7 and wX. ^^
and best of all it's all free upgrades to Windows 10 Enterprise OS.

as i said before your i7-3700 is more than enough to run. just takes little patience. my tutorials are easy to follow. i've done all the hard work for you. ^^

how to desqueeze decompress 1.33x Anamorphic with PowerDirector & change Aspect Ratio with FFmpegYAG: https://youtu.be/5_KaNmxTyyM

uploading to YT, it came out as 16:9 so i've corrected PD14's 16:9 AR to 2.39:1 AR using FFMPEG!

must troubleshoot why you're having the Production unsuccessful error messages...

thanks. i'll try to stay away from the Covid-19. ^^
take care.

tschüß.
oh happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
k.
i had to use the FFMPEG like Tomasc to correct PD's aspect ratio of 16:9 to 2.39:1 for YT. ^^

p.s.
why don't you make VirtualDub tutorials and upload to your YT channel so dummies like us can learn from it?
sorry, i went to public school... ^^

happy happy joy joy

PepsiMan
'garbage in garbage out'
Go to: