Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Steve -

I've only had a look at the sample Chapter 1, but there's no difference in functionality between PDR Ultimate & PDR Ultra. The difference between them is the nuber of effects and templates... so there'd be nothing in that guide that would not apply to your version.

Have a look at this comparison chart.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Erick -

This tutorial was made in PDR9 (gulp), but the essentials are just the same.

Using Magic Motion is probably the simplest of the two methods shown.

Cheers - Tony
You can crop without any zoom. All you need to do is make the first and last crop keyframes the same.

This video was made in an older version of PDR, so the GUI is different from PDR15.

... and you're right Seanpr123 - to crop a video, go to Tools > Power Tools > Crop & Zoom

Cheers - Tony
Hi Fayfen -

Quote: There is the "i" icon that list the FX applied when the mouse hover on it, so why when I click it the effect settings does not pop?

If you select that clip with the "i", then click Effect (just above the timeline) you can modify your effect settings. Why doesn't it pop up straight away? 'Cos PDR's not a mind reader! If you select a clip, there would be dozens of things you might want to do with it.

Quote: I'm able to save FX setting as template, but where the hell is it and how I recall it, it is not listed in the FX list?

Not sure how you did that. I've never been able to.

I guess now that you understand that the people here are (mainly) just PDR users like you, asking questions, sharing ideas & helping others where they can, you might see that making statements like "limited forum help" (after only a few posts of your own) might discourage others from assisting.

Cheers - Tony
Hi chrisp -

I'm completely unfamiliar with the Android app version of PDR Mobile, so I don't know what features it has. What you're trying to do is certainly simple using the PC version of PDR.

Once you've edited your first clip are you able to copy & paste it to duplicate? Your plan sounds fine to me.

Looping's another thing. That can't be done in PDR (except by copying & pasting the forward/reverse clips ad infinitum). Many media players allow you to loop the playback.

Cheers - Tony
Hi aputten -

I'd probably lean towards Robert's advice on this & change the text motion. The video (I think) compounds the problem because of the fairly quick panning & the masses of horizontal lines in some parts.

Am I correct in assuming that the video was shot at 25fps and produced to the same framerate? Does the panning in the video play back smoothly without the text??

I used part of your video & replicated the text motion with both titles and text as a graphic, then produced to 720p @ 25fps. I also managed to replicate the jerky motion.

Using a different clip, shot at UHD 29.97fps & similar text motion, the jerky motion wasn't nearly so obvious.

It's clear why you chose to slide the text across the screen with the pan... but maybe that's just too fraught with problems.

Cheers - Tony
Hi playhead -

No - you can't send the whole timeline content to CDR for adjustment, but there's a way around it.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Randy -

My PC is set to do automatic Windows updates too - but using PDR15 has no impact on that.

Cheers - Tony
Interestingly (or not) the background colour can be reset in both PhotoDirector & ColorDirector... not ADR or PDR. Guess there's a reason for that.

I'm not about to try to mess with the GUI colours... but, if I were, I'd start by digging into the zip file in C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDirector15\skin... but I'm not.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jonas -

Playing with this, I have been able to replicate the sort of artefacts you've seen... but they didn't "stick". They appeared then, after adjusting position & resizing graphics, they went away.

Here, I applied border with maximum blur (guitar) & the artefacts were obvious:

After applying the same blur (butterfly), the mess disappeared:

After removing the blur (butterfly), the previously seen artefact wasn't present in preview or produced file:

There's obviously something amiss, but I don't know what it is!

Blur issues with PDR15 have been raised before.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Andy -

I'd support what others have asserted.

If this is the channel to which you refer, there's nothing much there (I only watched a few snippets of video) that PDR couldn't do, along with a graphics editor like Paint.NET.

I'd also echo GGRussell's words: "Your idea of professional and my idea could be totally different." Software capabilities matter, but what you do with it matters way more.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Scott -

I can confirm that, without offering any explanation.

After applying the 2820 patch, the option under Preferences > Confirmation to "Always prompt me when timeline frame rates conflict" has gone A.W.O.L.

Not mentioned in release notes, as far as I can see.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Superdupond -

No problem producing H.264 MKV with 5.1 audio here, using the full version of PDR15 Ultimate. Media Info report attached for a quick sample I just did.

You'd probably be aware that the version of PDR included with Media Suite is a scaled down version. When you open the "About" screen in PDR, it'll probably say PDR14 HE (or something like that).

Honestly, I don't know if that's a factor with the issue you're having - just the first thing I thought of.

Cheers - Tony
Hi videonewb -

Easy as! (though PDR cannot dynamically match the shape to your text).

You can:

1. use a title template like this one (the background translucent image is included in the template), or

2. drop in a colour board and set the opacity to 50%, with the title overlaid.

The attached screenshot shows the template in situ.

Cheers - Tony
Hi gskywalkers -

Even though you're working in "Easy Editor" mode, you're actually making it a little more difficult for yourself... as in, there's a bit less flexibility. It's effectively like using Magic Style/Movie Wizard.

BUT - from Easy Editor, you can select "Edit in Theme Designer" or "Advanced Editing" (then Theme Designer). This will allow you to change the order of photos/videos.

In other words, if you want to control things more, it's better to start in the "Full Feature Editor" then go to Theme Designer. That way, you can use the templates but have more control.

Cheers - Tony
If you insert the transition at the end of a clip (postfix), it will transition to black before jumping to the next clip.

If you insert the transition so it straddles the two clips, it will transition from one clip to the next without the black. You can set it to Cross or Overlap.

""

Take a look at this screen capture.

When you use Power Tools > Video Speed, the audio will change speed along with the video... whether you slow it down or speed it up.

If you want the audio to continue at regular speed while the video slows down, you need to unlink the video from the audio (right click > Unlink).

Cheers - Tony
Most of the Blend effects are probably already installed in PDR anyway.

To find them, select a clip & go to Tools > Blending Effect... you'll see the templates there.

When they're downloaded from DZ, they're installed at C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded BlendEffects

Cheers - Tony
Hi Philip -

PDR has a Time Stamp in Effects.

If it's a continuous recording, no problem. Just set the time format to HH:MM:SS and set the start time (e.g. 09:00:00:00 - 9am)

If it's not continuous, you'd need to set the start time for each segment.

The centre one in this example video is what it looks like.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Playhead -

You can get that before/after split screen in the Fix/Enhance module, but not in Effects. See attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
Hi jucilei -

There's a fair bit of confusion about this... I've seen it in the Samsung forums.

The problem is that, as the OP found, the older version of the software (the one you have) isn't stitching files from the new Gear360 camera - the Gear360 2017 Is that the camera you're using?

If so, you need this version (ActionDirector 2) The download will be called "Gear_360_ActionDirector_2.0.1619_Live_1.0.0419.exe" - NOT "Gear_360_ActionDirector_2005_15L"

Cheers - Tony
Are you using "Blur" or "Gaussian Blur"?

Gaussian Blur will give you much smoother transition than (regular) Blur, which seems to step its way through rather than glide.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: