Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Few quick Q on PD15, can you help?
Fayfen [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 14, 2017 02:30 Messages: 21 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I'm new to PD ( and I'm runing just the PD15 trial now), but I'm not new at all to video editing so I have few short questions .

1) How I save an FX, say I modifyed and custom made an FX I want to keep for later use? Is there any "favorites" section? I didn't find that in the manual.

1a) How many FX can be applied to a clip? how I change their hierarchy of influence?

1b) And transitions? If I have my favaroble transitions I want to pop first, when I select the transitions tab? I didn't find that in the manual.

2) Say I modified a clip for WB and other settings, how I copy them to be applied to other clips? I didn't find that in the manual.

3) Placing a clip in overlay track set it at full frame, is this defult can be changed? say to a smaller size?

4) Does the PD15 ultimate got any auto music feature?

These just quick ones that will get me going with my PD15 testing.

Thank you.

*** I see "My favorits" in FX and trans, but I don't see how to save there,

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 14. 2017 03:10

7/64 I5-6600, H170M-ED3 8gb ram.
PAN-X900M
Fayfen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote Hi, I'm new to PD ( and I'm runing just the PD15 trial now), but I'm not new at all to video editing so I have few short questions .

1) How I save an FX, say I modifyed and custom made an FX I want to keep for later use? Is there any "favorites" section? I didn't find that in the manual.

1a) How many FX can be applied to a clip? how I change their hierarchy of influence?

1b) And transitions? If I have my favaroble transitions I want to pop first, when I select the transitions tab? I didn't find that in the manual.

2) Say I modified a clip for WB and other settings, how I copy them to be applied to other clips? I didn't find that in the manual.

3) Placing a clip in overlay track set it at full frame, is this defult can be changed? say to a smaller size?

4) Does the PD15 ultimate got any auto music feature?

These just quick ones that will get me going with my PD15 testing.

Thank you.

*** I see "My favorits" in FX and trans, but I don't see how to save there,

Realy guys? ~60 views and not a single comment? not even to one q?

You never use/need those feuters? 7/64 I5-6600, H170M-ED3 8gb ram.
PAN-X900M
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fayfen,

the full version of PD, with a money back policy, would give you a better impression of the power of PD. But, you have a trial, soooo...

1. In the FX library, right-click an icon and a choice is to SAVE TO FAVORITES.

1A. You can add 7 FX to any media, plus 1 in the FX-specific timeline. The heirarchy can be changed by highlighting the affected media file, which then brings up certain control buttons, including one that says EFFECTS. Click on that button and the FX window opens, there are up and down icons, among others. You'll figure it out. If you use FX in the FX-specific timeline, you cannot copy those key-frames.

1B. In the TRANSITION library, right-click a desired icon and one of the choices is SAVE to Favorites.

2. Again, right-click is your friend. You can right-click any media in the timelines to which you have added key-framed activity, a choice is to COPY KEYFRAMES, but it applies to all the key-frames, you cannot select only FX, or motion, or hue, it's all or none.

3. No

4. As far as Auto-music, hmmm. PD formerly utilized Smartsound/Magic Music, until PD15. The businesses have parted ways (sadly) but the SS/MM module can actually still be downloaded from Smartsound and installed, free. The music tracks are a very good value when you catch them having a sale, but EBAY has some great deals on SS/MM albums, cheap as dirt. Cyberlink also has some music and sound FX on the Directorzone, and if you wish you can go to my website and find links to a vast array of sites that have free, or pay, music for video. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Fayfen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much Barry, your answers were great,

1) I will follow you regarding the "favorites". From that method I get that only the defult FX/trans is set as favorit. So If there is any tweak one made to acomedad the video on the timeline, that fx/trans can't be save as favorite?undecided

2) I also found that copy/paste all keyframes do not take the "mute" setting of a clip.

5) How do I reset the clip position in the preview ? only by undo? there isn't any defulted positions settings?

6) What about HR photo/video in HD project. When I place a media of higher resolution than the project, it conforms as full HD frame. How can I set it to it's true properites in order to pan/zoom down the line? No "original size" defult?
[Thumb - pd-s.jpg]
 Filename
pd-s.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
preview
 Filesize
94 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
38 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 15. 2017 23:55

PAN-X900M
Fayfen [Avatar]
[Post New]
I postponed my move to PD as I see that along with it's merits in the masking field it has it's fair share of annoyances and "why the hell they do it that way" section.

7) There is the "i" icon that list the FX applied when the mouse hover on it, so why when I click it the effect settings does not pop?

8] I'm able to save FX setting as template, but where the hell is it and how I recall it, it is not listed in the FX list?

9) Why such small number of hot keys? you know we have two hands. one can hold the mouse and the other on the keyboard.

10) limited forum help.

** all based on PD15 trial.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 20. 2017 03:02

PAN-X900M
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

"10) limited forum help."

I think, from experience and given that members voluntarily give their time to answer questions - because this is a member to member forum, not part of CL's support - that the limited input is perhaps because you have posed too many questions at once, including some which cannot be answered by members such as:

"9) Why such small number of hot keys? you know we have two hands. one can hold the mouse and the other on the keyboard."

As a generality, we try and encourage both questions and answers to be reasonably brief and reasonably succinct - it seems to produce better results, rather than having several members only answer some or part of a post, which then becomes confusing to follow.

Obviously, programme design "features" are not within the remit of members to change, other than by requests for the next version etc. so such questions cannot really be answered.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fayfen -

Quote: There is the "i" icon that list the FX applied when the mouse hover on it, so why when I click it the effect settings does not pop?

If you select that clip with the "i", then click Effect (just above the timeline) you can modify your effect settings. Why doesn't it pop up straight away? 'Cos PDR's not a mind reader! If you select a clip, there would be dozens of things you might want to do with it.

Quote: I'm able to save FX setting as template, but where the hell is it and how I recall it, it is not listed in the FX list?

Not sure how you did that. I've never been able to.

I guess now that you understand that the people here are (mainly) just PDR users like you, asking questions, sharing ideas & helping others where they can, you might see that making statements like "limited forum help" (after only a few posts of your own) might discourage others from assisting.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Fayfen [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'm sorry, I know this is a PD users forum and not CL's, I just thought that few of my observations are sheard by others.

• I was wrong regarding saving a tamplate, it's a PIP tamplate, but still I don't know where is it saved and how to recall one when needed.

• Regarding FX, so realy there is no way to save a certain setup for future use on a diffrent project? each time you start from scrach? this is for sure a deal braker.

• Regarding the "i" hovering. well, I think that a software should be more claver than the user. I don't see the point of showing the information when one hover the i but for the action one needs to go and click elsewhere.

***Sorry for mispeles, the FF spell checer doesn't work on this site, I don't know why.
[Thumb - pip.jpg]
 Filename
pip.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
tamplate
 Filesize
36 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
28 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21. 2017 01:49