Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No timeline frame rate warning after PD15 July update?
scottF123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 12, 2013 00:37 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
I just allowed my powerdirector 15 to apply the latest update, and now I no longer get timeline frame rate warnings when there is a mismatch... And I dont see the option under "confirmations" anymore either... I thought this was useful, and wonder why it seems to have been removed? Accident?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 15. 2017 20:08

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Scott -

I can confirm that, without offering any explanation.

After applying the 2820 patch, the option under Preferences > Confirmation to "Always prompt me when timeline frame rates conflict" has gone A.W.O.L.

Not mentioned in release notes, as far as I can see.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
PowerDirector Moderator [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: New Taipei City, Taiwan Joined: Oct 18, 2016 00:25 Messages: 2104 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Guys,

I asked CyberLink and this warning/setting generates a lot of feedback from users, some of which we see regularly in the forum.

Currently, PowerDirector automatically compensates for frame rates based on the other user set choices, particularly the project frame rate and the production frame rate. So it had become a convenience info-warning for users, rather than a functional necessity.

On balance, because it gave rise to confusion for many users, and to limit bloating the list of preferences, it has been removed.

Cheers

PowerDirector Moderator

For customer support related issues, please contact:
- Customer service: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do
- Technical support: https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do