Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reproduceable PiP Designer blur issue.
Jonas Abraham [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 26, 2013 08:10 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
Hi peeps!

I've encountered an issue after upgrading from PD13 to 15 when it comes to the PiP Designer and I wonder if it's just me or global.

Whenever I blur border (or shadow) to an image that's positioned on top of another image, PD creates an artifact around the affected area shown in the project timeline preview and in the produced video. The images below show a triangle on top of a background image (grey/black bars) however the issue can be reproduced with any image (e.g. text) on top of any background (right-click and 'show' to enlarge):

Blur PiP DesignerBlur Timeline

I've updated to the latest patch (v2820), latest drivers (GTX 680 SLI). I run Windows 7 64-bit.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 17. 2017 07:58

Jonas Abraham [Avatar]
[Post New]
It wasn't the background image that caused the problem but a second image I have in the project (not visible in the posted images above).

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 17. 2017 08:23

Jonas Abraham [Avatar]
[Post New]
Here's a visual:

asdf

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17. 2017 08:27

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jonas -

Playing with this, I have been able to replicate the sort of artefacts you've seen... but they didn't "stick". They appeared then, after adjusting position & resizing graphics, they went away.

Here, I applied border with maximum blur (guitar) & the artefacts were obvious:

After applying the same blur (butterfly), the mess disappeared:

After removing the blur (butterfly), the previously seen artefact wasn't present in preview or produced file:

There's obviously something amiss, but I don't know what it is!

Blur issues with PDR15 have been raised before.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Jonas Abraham [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, thanks for checking it out!

Yeah I had the same experience. I thought I had the problem pinned however after fiddling with the image back and forth the issue dissappeared. Perhaps some technocrats can figure these things out.

Anyways, somethimes it's the result that counts

EDIT: Also noticed the artifacts appear during fancy transitions such as 'glow' that affect the screen in total.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2017 19:29