Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Hi Fayfen -

It's true that in older versions of Movie Maker transitions could be customised. It's not true of current versions.

In PDR, you cannot save transition settings. As Robert suggested, you can create your own alpha transitions... and they will stay as you made them and are also able to be further customised.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Mike -

Definitely don't get rid of those installer files! You will, no doubt, need them in the future. op them in a folder and store them safely.

About the shortcuts: if you're likely to want to use any of the other apps as a standalone, it would be handy to have their shortcuts available. Mine are in the taskbar. ADR, WE & Screen Recorder can all function separately or frm within PDR.

Don't worry about daft questions. Many of us are familiar with daftness. Some can even give daft answers laughing

Cheers - Tony
Hi Paul -

Fayfen's advice is correct. The font you use makes all the difference. Some don't fully support Greek symbols. The two attached fonts are excellent for your purposes - Cardo & New Athena Unicode. Others, like Symbol, work well too.

Here's that Greek alphabet title as a template on DZ.

Another option, aside from using Character Map, is using special Alt codes like these.

Cheers - Tony
Hi MAV2000 & RobRoy -

What you're both up against is using the slideshow templates, whether you do it via slideshow creator or from the main timeline. The templates completely ignore your image duration settings in Preferences (as you've found).

The way to get control of the duration & sync is to build the slideshow manually.

e.g. Rob's slideshow needs to be 2:12 in duration. That's 66 photos at 2 sec duration each. If you're using Cross-type transitions (or none) that's fine. If you're using Overlap-type transitions, that will shrink the overall duration.

The other thing you can do is use the template to make the slideshow (without music) - produce - then speed up the produced file to match your music.

Ignore this if you're not interested... Example of what Overlap-type transitons do: 100 photos set to 2 sec duration. Total duration = 3:20 (200 secs). With 1 sec Cross-type transitions, that doesn't change. With 1 sec Overlap-type transitions the total duration is reduced to 1:41 (101 secs) because there are 99 transitions, so it's reduced by 99 seconds.

The good thing about building the slideshow manually, using (say) Magic Motion, is that you can control each image duration to sync with music.

Cheers - Tony
As Hatti suggests, you can easily make a custom profile to meet your needs.

Just select the 1920x1080 profile you mentioned & click the + button to customise it.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Baldy95307 -

I've been scratching around all the .xml files in that folder trying to find a reference to "AR Bonnie", which is the font used in that template. No luck thus far.

You're right about the spacing. For that font, particularly, it's a bit "generous" unless you have very short chapter names. It looks likes the spacing is set at ~5 (see attached screenshot).

Up to a point, I've been able to make a replica of the Cinematic template... so that it's modifiable. Haven't quite nailed it yet.

You may be able to overcome it by changing the font/size to a more tightly spaced one.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Chuck -

Just to re-iterate what Cranston's suggested, it's related to browsing history.

When I watched your video, I got an ad for Video Blocks. Screenshot attached.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Fayfen -

Quote: Strange that this was unknown to so many

I don't mind admitting that I'm one of the "so many" who didn't know that.

Re: duration - after applying the effect from a preset (or copy/paste), just adjust keyframes to match the clip.

Cheers - Tony
Quote: Is there a solution for this?

I'm not sure about a "solution" to the Crop & Zoom issue, but a simple way to achieve the same crop is to open the 16:9 clip in PiP Designer & resize/reposition it to fill the 16:9 screen.

Screenshot attached. Same result. Different method.

It's important to be aware that (doing this) the resolution is seriously compromised. A 1080x1920 (9:16) video cropped to 16:9 will be 1080x608, so producing to anything more than anything more than that would give poor results.

Cheers - Tony
Hi nemesis1 -

Just select the photo, go back to Magic Motion & click Reset. Done.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Dirk -

Because I never crop 9:16 videos to 16:9, I was blissfully unaware that this was still an issue. But is is. See attached screenshot.

Cheers - Tony
Hi terryt063 -

I think you're doing pretty well with what you're doing. There's a fair bit of fiddly work in multi-cam, as you know. I'm no expert so I stick to a few basic ideas.

Recently I bought myself a hydraulic log splitter (that's by the by) from a local tool shop. Anyhow, I scored a decent discount by offering to make a video of the thing to be played in-store. You could argue that that's not as much fun as capturing a band in full flight laughing

After the filming I dropped the 3 clips in the timeline - had to sync visually because the sound of a log splitter at work doesn't give you many clues.

Next I went through a split all the clips at points where I wanted to switch cameras or do a split screen/PiP insert. See attached screenshot "MultiCam Base". I saved that project without any further editing.

In the "MultiCam1" screenshot, you can see all I've done is switch between clips by removing segments I didn't want. Audio tracks disabled, except master audio track.

In the "MultiCam2" screenshot, I did a mixture of camera switching & split screens.

I usually avoid using transitions for this kind of thing. 2 reasons: 1. it's a lot more mucking round & 2. it's a bit of a distraction. The other problem is, you're almost forced to use cross-type transitions to avoid sync issues... and they have their own *problems. For a more arty piece, I'd probably use them.

In the video you linked there are some hiccups at some transition points. e.g. at ~0:30 where it switches from the drummer/singer back to the wide side view, there's a short pause (no movement). So, if I were going to offer any "pointers" (as requested), I'd say leave out the transitions.

Cheers - Tony
For whatever reason, I've had a few requests by PM & email for counters that can be overlaid on video, like an odometer or numeric counter.

PDR has the Time Stamp effect, but it can't be configured to represent regular numerals.

Some years back, I made videos with counters using only titles. After thes recent requests, I've reworked them. There are 4 projects: 0-4999, 5000-9999, 10000-14999 & 15000-19999.

If counters are of any use to you, the 4 packed projects (including a produced file & the attached PDF) can be downloaded from the links below:

0-4999 5000-9999 10000-14999 15000-19999

As explained in the PDF, I've made it fairly flexible & adaptable.

In situ, the counters can look like these samples...

Cheers - Tony
Hi AzizaNyx -

Relax. When you're designing a menu template, all you're doing is formatting the text, structure, buttons, highlights, colours, background etc. At the template stage, you don't change the actual words.

That happens when you apply the menu template to a project.

A couple of tutorials that might help: Making Menus and Menu Words Change

Cheers - Tony
Hi Haaaan007 -

Lately I've been misreading posts a bit (you'll be old one day). I read it as "appear from behind a subject".

Anyway - creating a mask is the right idea. You can do that with a snapshot of the the video at the right spot... then make the area transparent where you want the words to appear.

I used a similar method to that shown in this tutorial to make this example:

1. It's easier with PDR 15 than it was back then

2. If the subject isn't moving around too much, it's easy.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Frank -

Sorry, I think I've given you a "bum steer".

Having now tested a variety of 360 clips, I do get the error message you posted... but not for every clip!

I get 3 possible responses, depending on the clip.

1. ACD won't import (the error message you showed)

2. ACD interprets as 16:9, but it still plays back in 360 mode

3. ACD imports & plays back correctly

Here's a screen capture showing the above. 3 stitched clips from 3 different cameras.

ActionDirector cannot stitch 360 videos. That is the role of the camera software. In this tutorial on the LG360, it shows using the LG 360 software to stitch. Same for other cameras.

Cheers - Tony
Hi LynnM45 -

This is a pretty old thread, & not related to MP3 import.

When you download .dza files (audio clips) from DZ, you have to double click to install them. They're .M4A files and are stored at C:\Users\Public\CyberLink\Downloaded Audio.

Once installed you don't need to import them. You should find them in the Media Library under the Downloaded drop-down.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Frank -

That's odd. I have the trial version of ActionDirector2 & I'm able to import 360° videos (even unstitched ones). You obviously selected "360 Editor" at the opening screen, right?

As far as I understand it, ActionDirector2 is not equipped to handle stitching. It's aimed more at Action cams than specifically 360, though it handles pre-stitched 360° videos.

According to the specifications it will import any 360 videos in H.264 MP4 (equrectangular). In that way it would be useful for editing your stitched clips... but you already have PDR (15?), so it may be superfluous.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Jim -

This has been raised before, but without resolution I'm afraid.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/62735.page

Cheers - Tony
Hi MickeyAnn -

There's seriously no reason that should happen if your selecting the same output profile.

Whether you start in Slideshow Creator or go to Slideshow from the full feature editor, you're using the same slideshow "engine".

The only reason it might occur is if you chose a high quality output (say M2TS) in one and a lower quality output for the other (say WMV).

Here's a little test I did. I used the same 10 images, all 20+MP in a Motion Slideshow - first in Slideshow Creator - then in the full feature editor. For comparison I used the same 10 images to manually construct a slideshow using Magic Motion. Each one was produced to AVC H.264 MP4 1920x1080 @ 16Mbps.

In this zip file there are 3 slideshows, numbered 1, 2 & 3. See if you can tell which is which. I deliberately chose images that would make any blurriness issues very obvious.

Cheers - Tony
Hi Steve -

I've only had a look at the sample Chapter 1, but there's no difference in functionality between PDR Ultimate & PDR Ultra. The difference between them is the nuber of effects and templates... so there'd be nothing in that guide that would not apply to your version.

Have a look at this comparison chart.

Cheers - Tony
Go to: