Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Boomerang effect: forward then reverse
chrisp [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2017 11:53 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. First Post. I'm trying to do a boomerang effect. That is, have a short clip play forwards then backwards and loop that. I have the mobile app for android. My first thought was to duplicate the clip, reverse the second clip, and then loop that project. However, I find no way to duplicate a clip. I could pull the video from my library a second time and then spend forever edting it to the frame like the first clip. no!

Also not sure there is any setting to seemlessly loop the whole project. That may not be an issue. Would have to check playback.

Anyway, it all seems like a very easy thing to do. There are many apps that do this...but all the ones i've seen require you to shoot the video through the app. You can't use library footage from your camera! that's crazy talk.

Any ideas? or app recommendations? My needs are pretty simple so far. I'd like to just have one app that does everything.

Thanks!
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi chrisp -

I'm completely unfamiliar with the Android app version of PDR Mobile, so I don't know what features it has. What you're trying to do is certainly simple using the PC version of PDR.

Once you've edited your first clip are you able to copy & paste it to duplicate? Your plan sounds fine to me.

Looping's another thing. That can't be done in PDR (except by copying & pasting the forward/reverse clips ad infinitum). Many media players allow you to loop the playback.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!