Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
if you maximize your window from the bottom right of the screen rather than from the windows maximize icon at the top right, it solves this issue. Been a problem since at least PDVD 11.
I figured out the issue. FLAC will not play (shows as unsupported file type) from my DLNA server, but plays fine on the local drives.
Thanks, I will have to put some more effort into tracking down what is not working. Files were playing just fine in winamp.
I recently upgraded from Power DVD12 to 15 thinking I would be able to use Power DVD for all of my media needs. To my great surprise, FLAC isn't supported. So no way to use Power DVD for music. FLAC is a free standard adn easy to support, wouls be very nice to have.
load the latest hot-patch from the update page.
Exactly why I will never update from PDVD11 to 12. CineTrojan won't play my Blu Ray library, which is sitting on my server next to the shelf that houses the purchased original disks.
Yes,
I think they provided one CD key to everybody, but it is only good for n-uses. I finally was able to get to dealing with this today (they did take 5 days to respond to my first ticket) and the key has exceeded allowable installs.
Win Security Essentials has been rumored to be the cause.
I re-installed last March's build because I couldn't wait without working BR any longer. BR does work - I played Amazing Spiderman. My Game of Thrones set just showed up, so I'm about to test the old build with a brand new release... wish me luck.
spider,
go look at the power director forum. This is the Power DVD forum.
I hear you. Based on prior support life, we should have another 6 months or more of critical patch support - but probably lowest priority. When support on 11 runs out, I will have to seriously consider what to do next.
Clues suggest Windows Security Essentials update from last week - but that is not confirmed. Cyberlink may have bricked something at their end related to their network services and the software phoning home. We are a bit out in the cold at the moment.
Cyberlink updated PowerDVD V12 because the latest windows patches caused it to fail. It looks like the same issue with 11, but no update yet.
Michael,
I'm glad Cyberlink is investigating. Hopefully you have isolated the cause and a fix is coming shortly. Have you tested if patches earlier than the October one are affected? Will a role-back solve the problem?
Based on the other threads here, there are a dozen or so of us with this problem right now... and that is only the users that come to the board. My guess is the windows update from last week broke something. I am going to uninstall P DVD and re-install bu only up to the March 2012 patch, not the October one. One user got that to work.
Interesting, so if it was one of the Windows updates, it mus have been to a range of OS - the update was my first guess, as I had just let Windows update with 13 urgent patches an hour before Power DVD broke.

Looks like I'll uninstall and only update to the march 2012 patch until Cyberlink figures this out.
Did you just get new windows update patches? I think M-soft broke something.
OK,
That suggests to me one of the windows update patches from last week broke it. Are you all on Win 7 x64? Cyberlink, we'll need a fix.
Power DVD won't recognize any drives. It has always worked fine for me in the past.

So I was starting up a Blu Ray, everything looked to be going fine, then Power DVD went to a solid gray screen. Locked up fully. I quit the program, rebooted, and then when I restarted, Power DVD says it can't access the storage device, kicks me up a region code selection window with 0 choices remaining (I only originally set it last year when I loaded Power DVD and have never changed it). I then get Error Code 800401F9 Error in DLL. Anybody seen this? Uninstall and re-install (going back to V 9 and updating to 11)?
Do you have intel video and by any chance 2 screens? I find all blu-rays lock-up if started on my second screen under the latest PDVD 11 patch.
Go to: