Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Surprised FLAC not supported.
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded from Power DVD12 to 15 thinking I would be able to use Power DVD for all of my media needs. To my great surprise, FLAC isn't supported. So no way to use Power DVD for music. FLAC is a free standard adn easy to support, wouls be very nice to have.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

FLAC audio files are supported in PowerDVD 15. Check the spec below (File Format) and it's listed in the help file:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdvd-ultra/spec_en_US.html

If it's not working for you, I suggest contacting tech support to figure out why:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

FYI, I was just able to play FLAC files of varying quality with PowerDVD 15 on my PC.

Regards,

Dave

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25. 2015 03:14

[Post New]
Thanks, I will have to put some more effort into tracking down what is not working. Files were playing just fine in winamp.
[Post New]
I figured out the issue. FLAC will not play (shows as unsupported file type) from my DLNA server, but plays fine on the local drives.
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks for updating and glad to hear you got it working.

If you check the help file, it lists the file formats support when using DLNA. You can find it below or under:

Playing Media in PowerDVD > Playing Media Shared on a Device/Home Media (DLNA) Network > Supported File Formats.

Here is the list:

CyberLink PowerDVD supports the playback of shared media on a network or mobile device (that was Power Media Player installed) in the following file formats:

Video: 264, 26L, 3G2, 3GP, 3GP2, 3GPP, ASF, AVC, AVI, BSF*, DAT, DIV, DIVX, FLV, H264, JSV, JVT, M1V, M2P, M2T, M2TS, M2V, M4V, MKV, MOD, MOV, MP4, MP4V, MPE, MPEG, MPG, MPV, MTS, MVC, QT, TOD, TP, TPD, TRP, TS, TTS, VC1, VOB, VRO, WM, WMV.

Photo: BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, TIFF.

Audio: AAC*, AC3, ADTS*, AOB*, DTS, LPCM, M4A, MKA, MP2, MP3, MPA, WAV, WMA.

Note: * this feature is not available in some versions of CyberLink PowerDVD.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 02. 2015 02:42