Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD11 region code changes 0 on new installation
Muyfa666 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2013 15:17 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Good to see that you are investigating the issue.

There are many ways to check the changes with free 3rd party software, so don't even go there. Just don't.

The ticket I opened with CyberLink was, as I expected, kind of useless. It could as well have been a automated answer.

"Thank you for contacting us. Update your drivers. Make a DxDiag and send to us, Send us your serial. Send us a screenshot with the error."

Not a chance. You already know of this problem, if not - just google it.
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Michael,
I'm glad Cyberlink is investigating. Hopefully you have isolated the cause and a fix is coming shortly. Have you tested if patches earlier than the October one are affected? Will a role-back solve the problem?
maonstad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2009 01:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
It seems that Windows 7 x64 and Vista 32 are having the problems. So far Windows XP 32 pro works fine with the patch update. I hope they can find the problem soon. Like someone said earlier, it was an update that came down for both platforms that made the patch unable to perform.
Howling Murf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2011 23:13 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
This is definitely something on there end, no question,
I am getting the Error in the DLL message when I push past the region code 0/can't access your drive bullshit.

Code: 800401F9

Error in the DLL.

Tech support has been useless as well, I told them I had Power DVD 11 and they started talking about how to fix DVD 12 . . .
Muyfa666 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2013 15:17 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
It seems they are not very keen on fixing this... oh well.

As I said, I'm using another software for the moment, and it's all good.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
as mentioned before we are working to fix this issue together with our partners.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
maonstad: i have win xp pro-32 and i have the problem too.
DYONISII [Avatar]
[Post New]
this thread is already seven days old.

does this mean no blu-ray player for a whole week using "The World's No.1 Movie & Media Player"?
DYONISII [Avatar]
[Post New]
okay, so just to make powerdvd 11 work when playing BDs, i had to uninstall powerdvd and re-install just up to 2608.

however, there is still a catch. remaining changes is still at 0 (zero) but competing products say i still have four left.
[Thumb - pdvd.png]
 Filename
pdvd.png
[Disk]
 Description
zero changes left
 Filesize
117 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
181 time(s)
defiantnxnx [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2012 16:49 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same problem with powerdvd 11 on Windows 7 x64 I went back to an old backup of this computer and it worked up until I re-enabled internet connectivity. Then I got the error again and the only way to fix it is to restore the same backup. Does this mean that Cyberlink is sending this info to some account online without telling me? Why should a dvd player need to access the internet? I made no changes to this computer before the error popped up out of the blue. I also tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it up till 2608 but that did not work and now the program is saying I exceeded the number of activations. When I contacted Cyberlink for a fix to these problems (especially the activation issue because without being able to reinstall I cannot diagnose this) I got some sort of robo-email asking for generic info. I sent it to them and have yet to get a reply for this SIMPLE issue. I guess I will leave internet off on my htpc for now, until Cyberlink can fix this problem. I wanted to post this so that people might be able to use this to temporarily fix their own computers until cyberlink can fix this huge issue.
Daniel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2013 20:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am experiencing the same exact issues as others here, and have had a ticket open with Cyberlink for seven days. This is really unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. I work in tech support for a local telephine/ISP in Arkansas and if we responded to trouble tickets as badly as Cyberlink is, we would lose every one of our customers. This isn't going to help your future sales, Cyberlink. Everyday that goes by without this being fixed equals lost reputation within a fairly small market. I imagine Corel WinDVD developers are happy about it though, as their product works perfectly and I expect they are getting the customers that you are currently losing forever with your inaction. If you want the advice of a fellow tech support employee, I'd advise you to give as much information to your customers as possible as to what the problem is and what you are doing to fix it. Folks tend to be more patient if they know exactly what you are doing to fix it, even if you don't give them a time frame for resolution. Your current answer of "we are working on it" gives about as much satisfaction as a car with two tires.
dto1984 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2011 22:30 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am experiencing the same exact issues as others here, and have had a ticket open with Cyberlink for seven days. This is really unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. I work in tech support for a local telephine/ISP in Arkansas and if we responded to trouble tickets as badly as Cyberlink is, we would lose every one of our customers. This isn't going to help your future sales, Cyberlink. Everyday that goes by without this being fixed equals lost reputation within a fairly small market. I imagine Corel WinDVD developers are happy about it though, as their product works perfectly and I expect they are getting the customers that you are currently losing forever with your inaction. If you want the advice of a fellow tech support employee, I'd advise you to give as much information to your customers as possible as to what the problem is and what you are doing to fix it. Folks tend to be more patient if they know exactly what you are doing to fix it, even if you don't give them a time frame for resolution. Your current answer of "we are working on it" gives about as much satisfaction as a car with two tires.

Yeah. I'm getting pretty fed up with Cyberlink. Essentially the same thing happened with my copy of Power DVD 8. They stopped supporting new discs, then put on a big song and dance about investigating the issue in order to fix it. It never happened. The only reasons I bought version 11 were that it was extremely cheap on ebay and I liked being able to mount DVDFab iso's onto it. But now...WinDvd is only $50, and I'm getting very tempted to switch.
jc_apartment@yahoo.com [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2013 23:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I've had 3 open tickets for them for over a week now. Every email, they keep asking for more info. After I've given them everything they wanted, it's completely silent on their end. This is completely unacceptable. Can't you at least give us the ability to roll back to a previous version?
dto1984 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I've had 3 open tickets for them for over a week now. Every email, they keep asking for more info. After I've given them everything they wanted, it's completely silent on their end. This is completely unacceptable. Can't you at least give us the ability to roll back to a previous version?

Pretty much all you can do for now is uninstall, reinstall, update to patch 2024, then update to 2608 on top of that. That will get you access to most of your blu rays, as long as they aren't newer Fox releases. Far from perfect solution, but at least it restores some functionality.
BaB29 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 01, 2013 17:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, I'm experiencing exactly the same problem.

I'm hoping for a fix very soon since I just can't enjoy the soft and my discs...

Please, CyberLink, give us some news (and solution) about this issue !

Btw, I've got Win7 64 and PowerDVD 11.0.3318.57.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 01. 2013 18:16

techguy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 25, 2010 10:00 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I too have run into this same problem since yesterday, Feb 28th.

Without doing any updates or changes I had been running PDVD11 3318 successfuly since it was released months ago and all of a sudden the software resets region to zero so can't play any discs. Uninstalling, running the cleanse program and re-installing up to 3318 did not help. Back to the same problem. You can see that the program connects to the internet as soon as it starts and pauses for a while then when you check blu-ray region code you see it back to zero right away.

The only thing I've found so far is that if I uninstall, cleanse and re-install only up to version 2024 it seems to run without resetting. This is only today March 1st so not sure how long it will last.

I also have PDVD 12 as well on the same computer on another partition and it has been so buggy that I refused to use it until new updates arrived. Up until yesterday I was content to keep using PDVD11 until version 12 got better.

What was strange is that on the same day, the 28th, I decided to try version 12 again since version 11 was dead in the water, I discovered that version 12 did the same thing. As soon as I started it, the region count went to zero. This issue had not shown up on V12 yet. It's obvious that these programs always go to the internet home servers whenever they start up, probably to check on new security keys but it seems that it's affecting region codes as well. Only saving grace is that a few days ago there was a new update to version 12 with 2428 and that seemed to reset the region code back up again to 5 after this happened.

This is an old problem with POWERDVD. I had this problem happen about a year ago in JAN 2012 with exactly the same problem on version 11 and opened a ticket with Cyberlink but after putting me thru hell gathering them data, I never received a response from them on this problem. I gave up on them and was then forced to re-install my operating system, Windows 7 and POWERDVD 11 as well. I'm not going to thru this again with them.

I realize that this thread is for version 11, but the key reason I stopped using version 12 and gone back to 11 is that version 12 aborts constantly when playing back high resolution audio tracks such as DTD-HD MA or DOLBY TRUE HD audio tracks. Originally this was thought to be related to using INTEL HDMI audio, however when I went to an NVIDIA HDMI audio card with different driver and discovered the same problem, I pretty much gave up on it. This was to be fixed in this latest version 2428 but it's not. The problem is still there. I have now given up on the software and considered the upgrade a total waste of money.

If the region reset problem on version 11 continues and does not get fixed, I will also be yet another customer that switches vendors and will never come back. I have spent a lot of $ with Cyberlink with versions 7, 8, 9, 11 and now 12 and have had a lot of grief along the way. I will not continue to spend $ on a company that basically destroys what should be a real enjoyment of movie watching thru a computer.
BaB29 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Can someone give me the link to download the software that clean the install ? Or doing it normally with Windows is the same ?

I'd like to return back to the 2024 version...
dto1984 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Can someone give me the link to download the software that clean the install ? Or doing it normally with Windows is the same ?

I'd like to return back to the 2024 version...

If you have a disc, just uninstall and reinstall. Then go here: http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdvd/patches_en_US.html and scroll down until you see the 2011-09-01 update.
BaB29 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you : it works !

So now using the 2024... I can update to the 2608 and the region bug won't affect me ?
By the way, should I do all these updates : 2114 then 2211 then 2408 and 2608 or can I just install the 2608 one ?
dto1984 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Thank you : it works !

So now using the 2024... I can update to the 2608 and the region bug won't affect me ?
By the way, should I do all these updates : 2114 then 2211 then 2408 and 2608 or can I just install the 2608 one ?

I was able to get by with just the 2608. Most of those other updates are fairly minor.

The 2608 will return you to almost normal functionality. Fox has always been a problem with their discs (remember Star Wars?) and it's their newer discs that don't work properly right now. (Skyfall will start, get to the 20th Century fanfare, then go to a red warning screen advising you to update your software.) The only difference now is that Cyberlink isn't trying very hard, or at all, to fix the problem.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 02. 2013 04:24

BaB29 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, so I've uninstalled my up to date version, put the first version plus all the update with the 2608 as the last one : situation is now under control, my brs are watchable.

I will keep the 2608 version until Cyberlink communicate about the bug and its solution...