Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Error Code 800401F9
Albatross365 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2012 14:31 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Yeah.

Deathly silence since I responded to their request for screenshots.

Can't help but wonder how people are out there suffering in silence.
AlanF [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2013 15:59 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I contacted Customer Support yesterday and received this response:

Dear Alan,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

I understand your concern related with the Blu-ray playback in PowerDVD 11 Ultra and you are getting an error "CyberLink PowerDVD cannot access the storage device. Select another device when playback stops".

In regards to your concern, I would like to inform you that we are soon going to release a patch for PowerDVD 11 which will resolve this issue. I would request you to wait.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/service/technical-support.do

Thanks and Regards,

Tracy
CyberLink Technical Support
[Post New]
Quote:

Deathly silence since I responded to their request for screenshots.

Can't help but wonder how people are out there suffering in silence.

I sent all the info and screnshoots' errors one week ago and I'm still waiting for a reply .....
I won't pay 1 € to upgrade to PWDVD 12 becuase my PWDVD 11 must work !!!

The tip to reinstall and apply the patch 2068 worked for me, but as someone noticed there is a problem with last titles.
Noguffay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2011 19:34 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
OK I just got the problem last night (Mar04/13). I haven't allowed MS to do updates for more than one year. I do allow MS security essentials though, but I highly doubt that was the issue. The only thing no one has touched upon here is, are they getting this issue with all bluray playback? I only get it with "virtual" disc BD playback. Second question is: are you playing ligit copies of BDs? I'm not. And I'm figuring they figured that out and have stopped me doing just that. I could use DVDFab virtual disc to mount BDs all the time until last night. Went to play a new download BD image and PDVD asked to do an update to play this new BD and POOF! all gone. So you tell me whats going on.
Albatross365 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2012 14:31 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Only have legit copies of Blu-rays and it doesn't matter how old the disc is.

Even DVDs won't play

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 05. 2013 17:14

dto1984 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 27, 2011 22:30 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Just received this reply from Cyberlink:

I understand that when trying to playback Blu-ray in CyberLink PowerDVD 11 software, you are receiving an error "800401F9".

Please note that a new patch will be released soon against to the issue "PowerDVD cannot access to storage device" (800401F9).

You may keep visiting our website for the update.

Thank you for your understanding and patience.

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products. Use the below mentioned link to get back to us for your further queries:

Thanks and Regards,

Sorokhaibam

We'll see just how soon "soon" is, but at least that sounds a little more promising.

Dakkith [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2013 07:35 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I contacted Customer Support yesterday and received this response:

Dear Alan,

I understand your concern related with the Blu-ray playback in PowerDVD 11 Ultra and you are getting an error "CyberLink PowerDVD cannot access the storage device. Select another device when playback stops".

In regards to your concern, I would like to inform you that we are soon going to release a patch for PowerDVD 11 which will resolve this issue. I would request you to wait.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks and Regards,

Tracy

Thanks for posting that, Alan.

That's the most promising piece of info yet. I'm still disappointed Cyberlink haven't made any sort of announcement in these forums, but at least your support response indicates a fix is on the way.

I finally got an response from support, but it was the generic "disable your anti-virus and anti-spyware" one. I guess I'll go through the steps for the sake of it, but it's obvious we need an actual patch to get it working again.

smoggysky [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 29, 2008 17:15 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
i am also in this boat...
800401f9 powerdvd cannot access to storage device
i hate this ****!
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
I re-installed last March's build because I couldn't wait without working BR any longer. BR does work - I played Amazing Spiderman. My Game of Thrones set just showed up, so I'm about to test the old build with a brand new release... wish me luck.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please get in contact with our technical support team about this issue:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27357.page

they will be able to provide you a workaround solution

thanks
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan