Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Problems with new blu-rays on PowerDVD 11 Ultra
shanec70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 26, 2012 23:18 Messages: 12 Offline
[Post New]
Nearly all my new Region B (or region free) are not playing with PowerDVD 11 running the most recent available patch (331

Ice Age 4 3D gives me players needs a update error screen, 2D plays ok, bonus mammoth christmas sits at green put 3D glasses on, skipping brings a menu with no animated background and playing gives audio for ~12 seconds with no picture updating).
Brave 2D, 3D - doesn't progress past whisp animation screen.
Finding Nemo - doesn't progress past coral animation screen.

I also still cannot play Avengers 3D or Men in Black 3 3D or John Carter 3D but had read posts in forum indicating a patch or workaround with 2D and then set to 3D for these.

Tons of my other discs work no problem (Avatar, Star Wars series, Titanic 3D, Prometheus, Amazing Spiderman, Clash of the Titans, Up 3D, Tron Legacy 3D and Alice in Wonderland 3D).

Is anyone else having trouble with new discs?

shanec70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sigh, I post a ticket as we cannot expect support in this forum from Cyberlink, its visible for a day with the stock tell us everything about your system and drivers and then I go to respond to it today and the ticket doesn't show up anymore.

In any case, heaps of blu-rays before work and still work and heaps of new ones are not, you would think they would have some of them to test or something instead of playing the blame game... hello Cyberlink?!?
shanec70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
And forget about replying to their email linking to a site as of course they BOUNCe all replies

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

service@cyberlink.com.tw

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 #5.1.0 Address rejected. (state 13).

What sort of service is this?!
mike.T [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 17, 2012 05:05 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Please try if you can play with 2D and then switch to 3D after the movie really begins (after all the menu, trailers,e tc)
shanec70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi,
Please try if you can play with 2D and then switch to 3D after the movie really begins (after all the menu, trailers,e tc)

Tried with Finding Nemo 3D and Brave 3D, both still get stuck at the 'loading' animation (whisp and squiggle).

Someone else suggest I install AnyDVD HD which creates a virtual speedmenu that you can go straight to the title but then it plays audio for 12 seconds showing one frame only and then no progress, same if I skip a chapter, see a new frame, audio for 10 to 12 seconds then no audio, timer keeps incrementing when you do show information.

shanec70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
The Lorax 3D, no moving picture and audio for ~ 10 seconds if I skip chapters see another frame and then audio for around 10 seconds.

Madagascar 3 3D same deal also.

How can I have nearly 90 other blu-rays that work perfectly and these more recent ones not properly but Cyberlink asking me to check my drivers and what have you...

I, Robot 3D I brought today which is also fox works PERFECTLY...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 04. 2013 05:54

RICHARDMOORE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2013 08:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have had the same problem playing Men in Black 3D. It works on 2D version then when playing the 3D I get one frame each time I skip a chapter or click on the timer bar.
Out of interest what graphics card are you using?
I am trying the Intel on board HD 4000 as it supposedly works, recently sent back my Radeon 7750 due to system issues so seeing if i can get away without replacing it.
shanec70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Mine is Intel HD 3000. Maybe I try another computer with a different video card, if it was widespread I imagine more than just us two would be complaining here.
RICHARDMOORE [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 04, 2013 08:28 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink are looking into it, I have a support ticket open. In the mean time download the PowerDVD 12 trial and see if that works.
scnz70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2012 08:01 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I updated my graphics drivers to the most recent, no change either. PowerDVD 12 may work but then I can't playback my ISOs that have Cinavia crap. I have a 2 4 and 7 year old and my original disks don't go near my media centre except to make ISOs or if the ISO doesn't work. Of course the only ISOs that don't work for me are the one's that don't work with the original disk lately on PowerDVD 11 either.

Something is done differently with these new disks that specifically breaks playback on PowerDVD 11, even if I use DVDFAB to copy main movie only with no menus to get stuck on I get the one frame unless i skip or seek. Can add Secret of the Wings and Frankenweenie to the list of disks that just sit on a frame with audio for a little while too.

The no of disks I have to keep out and play on the PS3 because they wont play under PowerDVD 11 is starting to irk me.
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have intel video and by any chance 2 screens? I find all blu-rays lock-up if started on my second screen under the latest PDVD 11 patch.
shanec70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Intel HD 3000 yes, but only one screen is attached and it is too the HDMI port on the mac mini I use for a HTPC.

Please bear in mind, I can successfully play over 80 3D movies no problem, the list of ones that single frame only on PowerDVD 11 now for me (assuming I can get past stuck loading animations using anydvd hd or making a movie only copy) is

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3D
Avengers 3D
Brave 3D
Finding Nemo 3D
Ice Age 4 3D
Madagascar Escape to Africa 3D
Secret of the Wings 3D
Men in Black 3 3D
The Lorax 3D

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 15. 2013 06:06

shanec70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Does anyone with PowerDVD 11 have any of the above discs working on their setup?

shanec70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I have had the same problem playing Men in Black 3D. It works on 2D version then when playing the 3D I get one frame each time I skip a chapter or click on the timer bar.
Out of interest what graphics card are you using?
I am trying the Intel on board HD 4000 as it supposedly works, recently sent back my Radeon 7750 due to system issues so seeing if i can get away without replacing it.

Was it doing the one frame thing with the Intel or with the Radeon?
shanec70 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Worked it out. All the discs played fine in 3D on my desktop computer hooked up to the Home Theatre LCD using a GTX680 Nvidia card and the same version of PowerDVD 11. Disc's that didnt get past the loading animation still didnt but I could use AnyDVD HD speedmenu to skip the menus and play the titles perfectly.

scnz70 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 25, 2012 08:01 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Last tidbit, the most recent version of PowerDVD 12, plays these disks just fine on the Intel HD 3000 the macmini has.

This wasn't the case with V1905B (that I purchased as an upgrade to 11 Ultra) that one had the same problems as 11 did. Version 2118a fixes it.

Any particular reason this Intel HD 3000 fix didn't get back ported to the last patch for 11?
Tenseur [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2013 20:01 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Hello

I have a problem with powerdvd 11 and 4 planet of apes of 7 ( collection planet of apes blu ray ) ... and I have the last version of powerdvd 11 ( version 3318 ) ... error BD-J error code : 0003 ... ( no problem with planet of apes 1968, 2001 and 2011 but problem with planet of apes 1970/71/72/73 )

I have a LG GGW H20L. Another blu ray go fine !!. Please help.

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Jan 23. 2013 20:59