Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 12 and cinavia
vbdino [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2011 08:54 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Did Cyberlink integrated cinavia into PowerDVD 12?
vbdino [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 24, 2011 08:54 Messages: 18 Offline
[Post New]
Answer to myself, tested two movies knowed to have the protection and they play fine.
Anonymous [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am not sure if your test was thorough. Did you make a backup of a cinavia protected movie and then attempt to play the backup? An original disk containing the cinavia watermark mechanism should play just fine on any type of blu ray player whether it has cinavia protection or not. The backup is the one that should fail to play.

For example, I made a backup of Mission Impossible: Ghost protocol. My backup will not play on PowerDVD 9 or PowerDVD 10 and I get the error message "The integrity of Power DVD is under attack" when PowerDVD attampt to load the disk. However, Nero Kiwi Media will play my backup just fine and so will my Samsung BD-C7900 and my LG BD590 as neither of those set top players have cinavia enabled firmware.

[EDIT]

I posted this some time ago but I want to make a correction. The message "The integrity of Power DVD is under attack" is related to my system using a DVI to Analog converter. I was able to play that blu ray copy when I used an HDMI cable attached to an HDCP compliant wide screen monitor. Thus, cinavia is not the "Integrity" problem here. The problem was the analog monitor on the DVI adapter.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at May 24. 2012 23:54

peleus [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 10, 2012 11:53 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
I don't think this is integrated yet but it is a working progress. See this thread.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/21451.page#114227
M8R [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 31, 2010 18:41 Messages: 89 Offline
[Post New]
Cinavia is mandatory for all BluRay players since February 1, 2012. However PowerDVD 12 was released exactly one day before. I strongly guess that was intentional because otherwise PDVD would have been the first software supporting it, which would probably made some customers buy another player. Of course all next major versions of all companys will have it though. No clue if CyberLink will add it to PDVD 12 in a year or so when Cinavia becomes more common.

@BeemerBiker
No version of PDVD supports Cinavia yet. All Cinavia messages and limitations are explained here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 15. 2012 02:13

TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
But I believe the latest patches installed the Cinavia virus.
[Post New]
Cinavia is a problem only for those who own illegally copied Blu-Rays. It's totally invisible for legit customers using original disks.
[Post New]
No,
It is a problem for legit customers who copy their original disks to a media server and store the disks in a safe place. Cinavia is a major inconvenience for legit customers.
[Post New]
Blu-Ray disks are not fragile unless you give them to a 5 year old kid who will rub them in their sandbox. I don't buy that excuse, sorry - people are just angry that they can't make illegal copies of blu-ray disks anymore.

If you just wanted to store the movies on a media server, well, then you can still do it, and you can still play them back too. Yeah, even with Cinavia. I won't post how here since it's also a way to make illegal copies, but it's very simple. It's just storing full discs or making copies of full discs and playing them back with blu-ray software which doesn't work anymore.

I purchase original discs and don't make illegal copies, and I don't mind such protections, which are actually way less annoying that the BD+ and other protections which were screwing up with each new movie release. The main point is that it screws up those who make copies of original blu-ray and sell them, and this is a good thing.
BarqySpaniel [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 30, 2012 23:57 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Blueray is quite annoying. Why should users update their playback software or update firmware to play new movies? It's nutty to require people to do this.

I buy my DVD and Blueray movies, so no pirate.

But..those willing to pirate have a better viewing experience.

Where does that make sense?

I purchased PowerDVD12 and a brand new Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol Blu Ray disk, and I can't play it in PowerDVD12 full screen. I'm going to have to load up my Samsung P1550 Blu ray player that hasn't had a firmware update in probably a year, and hope it works.

Stop with the revolving copy protection crap. It does not work except to hinder the experience of your HONEST customers.
(yes, I know this is a cyberlink forum, not MPAA....venting!)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 01. 2012 00:09

[Post New]
Well said. Yes, there are currently work-arounds for cinavia by tricking software to not check for it, but that is short-lived. MPAA is placing great effort and cost in making it difficult for users to watch their legally-obtained media. I have a cabinet full of purchased blu-ray, which are copied onto my server. This is not a pirating issue. The pirates find a work-around for whatever is thrown at them, it is legitimate users that are troubled.
cerealkeller [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2012 21:31 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Screw Cinavia. I just got raped twenty minutes in on a blu ray on powerdvd 12 ultra. However, I found a bit of a work around. I opened the disc file system and opened up the BDMV folder, the Stream folder and found the main movie file and played that file directly and it played fine after that. I came on here looking for a fix. This seems to be the only Cinavia post on the forums. So for those of you having troubles, try that. The sound still works fine DTS, Dolby, etc and the visual quality is the same.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 02. 2012 09:41

[Post New]
Quote: Screw Cinavia. I just got raped twenty minutes in on a blu ray on powerdvd 12 ultra. I won't be spending my money here anymore when I can just play movies on my PS3 for free. Cinavia free playback is the ONLY reason many customers pay for powerdvd software. Not anymore. Read this, save your money. PowerDVD is broken now and totally useless to me.
I disagree. For those of us who use the software to watch original, store bought discs, PowerDVD 12 still works flawlessly. My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7
robb963 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 10, 2012 01:20 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Guess that's why there is a thread asking for a guarantee that dark knight rises will play. Let us not forget issues with some titles not play without needing work a around. Flawless my arse LOL! green hornet has the cinavia virus and it plays fine with the newest patch here. I couldn't get the iso to play but no problems after converting to a mkv. All the crap they push down on us is crap. HDCP, EDID all that is crap that they shove down our throats without making sure it will work across the board with all manufacturers. I have a plasma tv sitting in the spare room because it isn't HDCP compliant. Why should I have to upgrade because some rich dude is worried he might be missing a few hundred million? I believe you could say cyberlink supports piracy with some of thier other products couldn't you?
MuscleJoe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2013 00:16 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Blu-Ray disks are not fragile unless you give them to a 5 year old kid who will rub them in their sandbox. I don't buy that excuse, sorry - people are just angry that they can't make illegal copies of blu-ray disks anymore.

If you just wanted to store the movies on a media server, well, then you can still do it, and you can still play them back too. Yeah, even with Cinavia. I won't post how here since it's also a way to make illegal copies, but it's very simple. It's just storing full discs or making copies of full discs and playing them back with blu-ray software which doesn't work anymore.

I purchase original discs and don't make illegal copies, and I don't mind such protections, which are actually way less annoying that the BD+ and other protections which were screwing up with each new movie release. The main point is that it screws up those who make copies of original blu-ray and sell them, and this is a good thing.

Who says you have to "buy anything" Who cares?

Plenty of people make backups of their legally purchased DVD's, Blu Ray's, and CD's. You are allowed to make one copy for your personal use as a back~up. Who the hell are you to suggest everyone that does so is a thief?

I do it because I don't want to bring my original's while traveling overseas or cross country. If my disc gets lost or damaged my original is at home and I don't lose the money I spent on it.
MuscleJoe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
No version of PDVD supports Cinavia yet. All Cinavia messages and limitations are explained here.

Baloney. I have PowerDVD 12.01905.56 and it won't allow me to play my store bought Blu Rays unless I download their FORCED update. I get all sorts of nutty messages, get taken to a page to update because manufacturer's requiring it, etc. I mean I am asked if I want to update and I say "no". End of story.

Instead I get more BS different error messages pop up about not seeing my device, or that my Anti v program is bad, etc, etc. All BS lies to try to get me to update..

Um, NO, not doing it.

I'll use Wind DVD Pro thank you. That WORKS as advertised.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23. 2013 00:29

MuscleJoe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Screw Cinavia. I just got raped twenty minutes in on a blu ray on powerdvd 12 ultra. I won't be spending my money here anymore when I can just play movies on my PS3 for free. Cinavia free playback is the ONLY reason many customers pay for powerdvd software. Not anymore. Read this, save your money. PowerDVD is broken now and totally useless to me.
I disagree. For those of us who use the software to watch original, store bought discs, PowerDVD 12 still works flawlessly.

And I disagree with you.

My "store bought" Blu Ray's won't play unless I "update".

Next BS story....
[Post New]
Exactly why I will never update from PDVD11 to 12. CineTrojan won't play my Blu Ray library, which is sitting on my server next to the shelf that houses the purchased original disks.
[Post New]
There are at least three ways to play Cinavia protected Blu-Rays copied to a file server without any quality loss. I obviously can't give them here, so you will have to do some research, but one permits to watch them with PowerDVD 12 latest version without problems even with the Cinavia protection.

You guys blame (quite rudely) Cyberlink for this, but Cyberlink doesn't have any choice, they are forced to conform to the industry standards.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24. 2013 06:46

My collection: http://www.blu-ray.com/community/collection.php?u=194008&action=showcategory&category=1&categoryid=7