Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 11 Workaround for Error Code 800401F9 / Access Storage drive - Workaround
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: What's the date and version of your copy of CLHelper.exe, John?

It's original CLHelper.exe from PowerDVD 11 v3318.
File version: 1.5.0.6425
Date modified: 9/19/2012
Signing time: ‎Wednesday, ‎September ‎19, ‎2012 10:50:46 AM

So CLHelper itself hasn't changed. What did, do you think? What made it go rogue?
John768 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2013 14:10 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote: What's the date and version of your copy of CLHelper.exe, John?

It's original CLHelper.exe from PowerDVD 11 v3318.
File version: 1.5.0.6425
Date modified: 9/19/2012
Signing time: ‎Wednesday, ‎September ‎19, ‎2012 10:50:46 AM

So CLHelper itself hasn't changed. What did, do you think? What made it go rogue?

I don't know, but as you can see it has something to do with certificates downloaded from internet. Maybe PowerDVD can't handle new certificates due to a bug and just stops working.
[Post New]
Which was suggested independent of your observations about CLHelper.

By the way, deleting the files created by CLHelper didn't work for me.

But I also have other issues with PowerDVD — I had actually bought PDVD 12 before all this kerfuffle, and gone back to version 11 because I don't like the way 12 works, with its insistence on getting its tendrils into anything multimedia on my machine and wanting to put itself at the centre of all activity on my machine. I just want something to play BD and DVD and do it well, on command. If this is the way Cyberlink wants to go, then it's not a ride I want to take.
John768 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 14, 2013 14:10 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:

Did you disable internet access for "\PowerDVD11\Common\NavFilter\CLHelper.exe" and "\PowerDVD11\Movie\PowerDVD.exe" in firewall?
You can also try to disconnect your PC from internet (just temporary to test) it should work 100%.
In case certificate files have other names in your case, delete the whole CryptnetUrlCache folder. It's safe, because it's just a cache, but you can make a backup copy of this folder just in case.
JOSEP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2012 17:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Interesting... but...
My BR drive continues working using dvdfab (for rip test) and anydvd-hd using other ways to play such as Stereoscopic player or mediaplayer classic home cinema (both programs originals) WITH ANY UPGRADE INSTALLED.

AND POWERDVD FULLY BR STOPS. Don´t run with anydvd-hd like as old-times. But before patched... OK.

I Can´t understand.
Really... I can´t understand.
JOSEP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 06, 2012 17:16 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I try my other powerdvd 11 license installed on a second computer with no internet connected on last 5 months and version 2608 running under ANYDVD-HD environment antiprotection. It works fine. Windows sp3 NEVER UPDATED.

Y try the movie "The Sting" and need to activate anydvd to play this new BR (or upgrade powerdvd).

Probably i will block POWERDVD with firewall and continue use anydvd-hd for play newest movies.

In spanish:
Si el bloqueo era debido a una actualización de windows, ¿Porqué podía acceder a las películas a traves de otros programas?
¿Cómo es posible que ANYDVD-HD + STEREOSCOPIC PLAYER reprodujeran las películas?
¿Cómo es posible que la prueba de ripeo con DVDFAB funcionó correctamente? (Lo imposible, ok para prueba. Tengo Br ogirinal).
Ekmar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2013 17:01 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Another new BD is not working:
WESTWORLD (Warner Bros.)

Error Message:
"Keine Disc in Laufwerk D:"
("No disc in drive D")

The disc is in the drive.

What xxxxx is this????? (((

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 22. 2013 12:09

jezzerGo1289 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 26, 2013 18:07 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am having the same issue. now I am being told that it's the first time playing a blu-ray (it is not) and that I have 0 attempts left to change the region code on my player (I had not changed it before).
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
load the latest hot-patch from the update page.
Ekmar [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 03, 2013 17:01 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
All updates of PowerDVD 11 Ultra are useless. All new BDs are not working.

Another not working BD:

BEHEMOTH - MONSTER AUS DER TIEFE (Warner Bros.).

Iamnotanumber [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 28, 2013 14:53 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
The problem lies within the latest patch (v3318 ) of PowerDVD 11. It might have something to do with Windows update but even so it is a problem within PowerDVD 11 v3318..

Well, I'm getting the issue with a recently installed copy of PDVD-12.
And I do *not* believe it has anything to do with Windows updates.
I've raised a ticket.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
The problem lies within the latest patch (v3318 ) of PowerDVD 11. It might have something to do with Windows update but even so it is a problem within PowerDVD 11 v3318..

I've raised a ticket.

Hi, you may check this thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/27199.page

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Iamnotanumber [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

I've raised a ticket.

Michael

Thank you. I've tried that one. The Support guys have supplied a patch and a "fix". Neither worked, yet. I'm getting back to them.
Iamnotanumber [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've raised a ticket.

Michael

Thank you. I've tried that one. The Support guys have supplied a patch and a "fix". Neither worked, yet. I'm getting back to them.

Okay, so I raised a trouble-ticket and got a patch and some advice. PDVD-12 still doesn't work. It's not the machine, nor the BD-drive as VLC runs BD's perfectly. It's Cyberlink's stuff.
After some back-and-forth Cyberlink Technical Support suggested I send them reams of logs from my machine (bugger that for a game of soldiers, I value my privacy too highly) and run endless tests, "upgrades" and patches.
No, thank you. I had thirty years of working in mainframes, supercomputers, PC's and clusters and I'm too old, tired and hot to bother with any of that. It's supposed to be a commercial product that runs on PC's and plays discs. It is *NOT* supposed to be either an intelligence test or *work*. If Cyberlink want me to be an alpha-tester for their broken software they can damned-well *pay* me the going rate.
As they are never going to do that, stuff them. I am well outside their seven day return period so they won't let me bin their software and get a refund of the money I wasted on it, not even a partial refund. That is typical of money-grabbing, no-ethics business practices today so I can't say I'm really surprised. [I encountered similar stonewalling just after my wife died so I do have experience of how fixed minded these companies can be.]
I still don't want their complex, bloated, broken crud on my machine. And I'll be recommending to anyone who asks that they avoid all Cyberlink products. Not that the company will care, but I wouldn't want anyone to suffer the disappointment I have.
All I wanted was software that had a small chance of working and I am not using some weird *Nixxy OS with an emulator or something else arcane, it's all vanilla Windows. It should have worked "right out of the box". From my experience and these fora Cyberlink seem to be unable to provide that.
VLC can do it, so it can't be *too* difficult.
Anyway, I'm a very disgruntled ex-customer.
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote:

Did you disable internet access for "\PowerDVD11\Common\NavFilter\CLHelper.exe" and "\PowerDVD11\Movie\PowerDVD.exe" in firewall?
You can also try to disconnect your PC from internet (just temporary to test) it should work 100%.
In case certificate files have other names in your case, delete the whole CryptnetUrlCache folder. It's safe, because it's just a cache, but you can make a backup copy of this folder just in case.

Hi John,
Just a quick apology that I haven't replied to this post of yours before now. I never got a notification that there'd been a reply to the thread until just tonight, when I got a notification that brought me here and I saw your reply. It wasn't my intention to be rude, John.

Anyway, many thanks for your suggestions. I finally took a plunge on PDVD 13, frankly against my better instincts. I'm not particularly happy with it, but at least it doesn't have the problems I was experiencing with versions 11 and 12. I'm seriously unimpressed that I had to buy a nwe version just to get a bug fix, but increasingly that seems to be the situation with Cyberlink software. I think that's a shame.

Anyway, thanks again for trying to help me. Best wishes to you, mate.
[Post New]
I have PDVD12 ultra, I encountered similar issues with playback, etc and then followed the forum's suggestions for patches, which did not work. so, i got a message with the error code access storage etc which i had never gotten before i took the suggestions on the patch. I got another error message about corrupt installation and followed the instructions ,again, this time to remove the app. I put in my code and it worked, but the problem came up with another error code about the installation being bad or whatever it said.
Now , it will not accept my code to activate... i paid plenty for the program, i like it, have purchased it since v6, dont remember if i first paid for v6 or7, but , i get it every year or 2.
no more, this stinks. i buy something and they restrict me? it is enough to make a crook out of an honest person.
i only use it myself, never ever give it to a family member. mostly because they dont want in anymore, but , still, i am the only user of the code.
at least, microsoft will provide instant support for multiple legit re submissions of the code after upgrades or seerious crashes.
I have waited days for cyberlink.. hope this time will be different. i submitted a ticket earlier today 10/22/13.
It wasnt my fault it broke. one day it was just fine , the next , it wasnt. msoft maybe , dont know. but it should be the vendor interested in the product who would keep track of issues which may impact the functionality of a commercial program. buy a cyberlink product and one needs to take a course in how to keep it running for more than a few months, windows updates notwithstanding.
John