Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Do you have intel video and by any chance 2 screens? I find all blu-rays lock-up if started on my second screen under the latest PDVD 11 patch.
Interesting...It sounds like an upgrade from 9 to 12 would not work for you either.
Try the Power Director forum.
Well said. Yes, there are currently work-arounds for cinavia by tricking software to not check for it, but that is short-lived. MPAA is placing great effort and cost in making it difficult for users to watch their legally-obtained media. I have a cabinet full of purchased blu-ray, which are copied onto my server. This is not a pirating issue. The pirates find a work-around for whatever is thrown at them, it is legitimate users that are troubled.
I understand that PDVD 11 isn't officially supported, but there are some really good reasons NOT to go to V 12 (Cinavia for example). I'm interested if V 11 will run on Win 8 and I am considering updating my HTPC to use storagespaces.
No,
It is a problem for legit customers who copy their original disks to a media server and store the disks in a safe place. Cinavia is a major inconvenience for legit customers.
First, wrong forum (this is PowerDVD, not Power Director).
I think fo rthat issue, you are going to have to call Cyberlink.
I think you are in the wrong forum. This is PowerDVD11 playback software, not creation software, which I'm guessing you are looking for PowerDirector.
But I believe the latest patches installed the Cinavia virus.
Sounds like a file corruption. Have you uninstalled PowerDVD and re-installed it? That would be my suggestion.
This works somewhat, as you can pull the pop-up remote over to the other screen. At least for me, but I am also running ANYDVD HD, which fixes some HDMI limitations.
I thought Austrailian courts had banned region code implementation. I figued any software distributed there would have to have region code controll stipped out of it.
Do you have the correct region code set for the disks? One think AnyDVD HD does is strip the codes. The studios have made it very difficult to play BR disks on computers, my take on it is AnyDVD HD is required to make any of the BR playback software work right.
You do have Ultra, not standard correct? I'm wondering if it is an HDMI problem. Try downloading ANYDVD HD trial version and see if that fixes the problem.
You do realize these are just other users trying to help you...

You should have enough machine, but a few items to check. SLI can cause a stutter in games - I don't know if that could be related here, but I don't think that is the case. Anything odd running in the background (backup software?)? BD+ trying to access the web?
strange. what if you configure your windows sound settings and set speaker environment to current system settings?
Get a copy of AnyDVD HD.
Which version of PDVD 11 do you have? If it was packaged with a BluRay drive, it is not the full ultimate, and is limited to 2 channel.
I hadn't thought about this, but I also get the root menu. I'm going to have to play around to see if I can get the pop-up.
Once you load the original 7 you may be able to directly upgrade. If not try 7 to 9 and 9 to 11.
Call or e-mail support - this is more of a user to user board.
Go to: