Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PDVD11 region code changes 0 on new installation
Muyfa666 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2013 15:17 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
As the title says, fresh install, then latest patch. Now region is greyed out and changes says 0.

Tried reinstalling, tried the suggestions here on the forum.

Seriously, how do I fix this? The program is completely useless as it is now?

Upgrade to v12? Never in my lifetime if this can't be fixed.
jc_apartment@yahoo.com [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 21, 2013 23:58 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Having this issue as well. Never changed the region. 3rd blu-ray I've ever played on this thing. Updated to latest version yesterday after a long bout of inactivity. And now I just get the select region screen but I can't select anything since I have 0 changes left.
Muyfa666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I tried WinDVD trial and it worked great. I bought it right away. It works perfectly and is way faster than PowerDVD. Figures.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 22. 2013 19:24

Howling Murf [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 25, 2011 23:13 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
Not even a new user, have been a user for over a year now and now just yesterday I'm getting the drive is unreadable/select region code error.

Whatever silent update or driver update they did on their end has rendered my version useless...

I expect a solution very soon
Muyfa666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Don't get your hopes up. The latest patch was suppoed to solve this. Since is doesn't but still claim to fix it, the devs most likely consider it solved.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
please install yesterday's patch v2428 - it it does not solve your issue you need to contact the technical support team

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Muyfa666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update 2428 is for PDVD12.

I highly doubt it will solve this issue with PDVD11...
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Ah, I see - in this case you need to go in contact with our Technical support team

thx

Werde Facebook Fan
Muyfa666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I'll give it a try. I'll probably use WinDVD in the end anyway thou...
Howling Murf [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just sent a message to tech support, really hoping you guys don't take days to respond to this issue.
Muyfa666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've contacted the tech support too. Not expecting any miracles, but it can't hurt either.
Howling Murf [Avatar]
[Post New]
It's already been 2 days without a reply
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
experiencing the same problem. let's see if we could get some result.

and i'm crossing my fingers.
maonstad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2009 01:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I"m also having the same problem. Oriiginal PDVD11 works with 5 user settings left after install from disk on Windows 7 platform. AFter upgrading to the newest patch release, PDVD11 is greyed out with 0 user settings left. This is only on the Blu-Ray settings.
Something is wrong with the patch and needs to be addressed.
[Post New]
Hi,
please post you Antivirus solution you use - seems that not all platforms are affected by this issue...

Werde Facebook Fan
DYONISII [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 09, 2011 09:58 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
microsoft security essentials here.

have tried uninstalling pdvd, used ccleaner and pdvd cleaner, etc then reinstalling from scratch. but pdvd doesn't play blu-ray discs anymore. not even the bd folders on hard drive.

tried using media player classic and a competing blu-ray player. they can read and play blu-ray discs. but not pdvd 11.
maonstad [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 10, 2009 01:55 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
I'm using Avast Free 2013
Also, Poweredvd 9.0 works perfectly in playing back blu-rays with avast free 2013.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25. 2013 06:41

inggy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2013 13:09 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having the same issue with the region code. Cyberlink tech support told me that it's my bluray drive causing the issue. I verified that the drive shows 5 region code changes remaining. A complete reinstall of powerdvd 11 didn't resolve the issue.
[Post New]
Hi,

"I verified that the drive shows 5 region code changes remaining"
==> there is no way to check the remaining BD Region code changes in the OS. (DVD region code changes can be checked in OS). DVD and BD Region code changes are independent topics.

We are currently investigating the issue with PDVD 11

Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Muyfa666 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Good to see that you are investigating the issue.

There are many ways to check the changes with free 3rd party software, so don't even go there. Just don't.

The ticket I opened with CyberLink was, as I expected, kind of useless. It could as well have been a automated answer.

"Thank you for contacting us. Update your drivers. Make a DxDiag and send to us, Send us your serial. Send us a screenshot with the error."

Not a chance. You already know of this problem, if not - just google it.