Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is Cyberlink and/or MS Under Incredible Pressure from the Motion Picture Industry
Noguffay [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 28, 2011 19:34 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Is Cyberlink and/or Microsoft under any pressure from the motion picture industry to crack down on the ilegitamate use of their software platforms for playback of blackmarket copyright infringed material?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06. 2013 14:26

Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
We are working on a patch to fix this issue. The formal patch is scheduled to be released before May and I would like to provide PowerDVD 11 Ultra build that has recently passed our basic testing. This latest build will fix your BD playback issue.

Please select "yes" to proceed installation when the installer prompts message to uninstall existing PowerDVD11.

Please download the testing version of PowerDVD11 Ultra v3901 full build below:

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

CD-Key: Use your own CD-Key.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2013 02:58

Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
I caution in anyone using this solution, as I got this through the grapevine and not offically from Cyberlink. It was a quoted reply from user: Albatross365, in the Forum thread "PowerDVD 11 Workaround for Error Code 800401F9 / Access Storage drive - Workaround"

How he/she got it, I don't know.
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
As I suspected, this does not work, At least for me. I had PDVD 11 Ultra installed on a WinXP 7 64bit machine, and did the install of this download, and followed the instructions. Re entered my passkey for PDVD11 Ultra, and it does not work.

Sorry guys/gals. I, and Albatross365, are all just a little too anxious to help.
mike.T [Avatar]
Member Joined: May 17, 2012 05:05 Messages: 67 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Noguffay,

May I know what's the symptom after you installed the hotfix? Is it still saying "PowerDVD can't access the storage"

Do you see any error messages? or the program crashed?
Would greatly help if you can provide the Blu-ray title name and your CPU/GPU infomation

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2013 08:45

Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
The PDVD 11 Ultra key (my original) didn't work
mike.T [Avatar]
[Post New]
I assume you purchased the CDKey from PowerDVD 11 Mark I.

This hot fix is Mark II, so I guess you had to contact customer support to have a Mark II CDKey.
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
Not sure what Mark it is, but it is just an Upgrade CDKey from PDVD 09 Ultra. They told me it has to be a Full Build Key. I'm still waiting for them to send me a key. They must be widdling it out of wood in the keebler shop.
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
So what do you realy think the cause of this issue was? Out of the 10s of thousands of PDVD 11 users, howcome they all arn't complaining. Did it only happen to PDVD 11 users? Did it happen to all of the levels, ie Standard, Deluxe and Ultra

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07. 2013 21:23

mike.T [Avatar]
[Post New]
This issue happens when Windows update on end of Feb is applied and if you've installed the latest PowerDVD 11 patch.

I guess there're some conflict or bugs causing this issue and CyberLink is working on a fix for this.

Commonly a quality software need to undergo a full QA/QC testing process before releasing things. This is quite different to web services. The entire process would take long which is not acceptable to us as we can't watch movie anymore and we don't have any workaround.

I think this is why CyberLink released this temporary build and try to let us at least have a temporary solution (though it requires CDKey of full PowerDVD 11 Mark II). Once they complete the formal process is done. I assume there'll have a patch coming out in public like CyberLink did before.

Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: This issue happens when Windows update on end of Feb is applied and if you've installed the latest PowerDVD 11 patch.

This just doesn't jive with my rational. I've got Windows Critical/optional updates turned off. Haven't had one update for over a year. I only receive Win Security Essentials. Did MS subversively update my computer without my knowledge? I've often wondered about that.
TheDudeiswatching [Avatar]
Member Joined: Sep 19, 2010 00:20 Messages: 80 Offline
[Post New]
Win Security Essentials has been rumored to be the cause.
Noguffay [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well there's been a lot of speculation flying around. And I'm one of the customers who has also been speculating and theorizing.....and it's all because this whole thing has seemed so secretive.